All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was just thinking it was a difference in where you live. Like elevator/prep flip flop/bhs That kind of thing.

We call each skill back to back if it's continuous............whip full double......... If it's not continuous whip full through to double. (Through meaning bhs) Adding punch in there to me means a means to change directions because you've run out of floor........like Angel does.....robhsfullwhipdouble punch robhsfullwhipdouble the other way.

Kristen updates us frequently so I was just trying to keep up with her progress...........

Ok......yay..........somebody who speaks NC........... @tumbleyoda would you call this a whip punch double?
Yes, I would call it a whip punch double because technically you can do a twisting whip. Which then makes a double twisting whip possible. I have one somewhere so I will see if I can find it.

ETA. I never uploaded the whip full. I will have someone do it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, I would call it a whip punch double because technically you can do a twisting whip. Which then makes a double twisting whip possible. I have one somewhere so I will see if I can find it.

That's very interesting and a term I've missed out on hearing .......... I like it when I learn something new so thank you! And thank you Kristen and Chyeeaaa69 too!!

I'm with Ms Teal. Up north I've never heard 'punch' in between the other skills, unless describing a punch front, so was totally confused

**I wonder how many times CheerDad gets tagged by people thinking it is me, lol?**

A lot of the difference in terminology is from those that do gymnastics/power tumbling primarily vs those that have done cheer. I agree that neither term is wrong. We just say it different in the cheer world. But if you say whip full in power tumbling they are expecting to see 1 skill, not two. And you would be deducted accordingly.

@mstealtoyou - The third skill in this pass is a whip full, or a full twisting whip.. Notice that it travels back and snaps under so that he can tumble out of it properly without losing momentum or power. This is vastly different technical skill than a cheer full thru to full. Never mind the busted triple on the end. I asked him to do this with no warmup at all and he missed his takeoff mark (notice how he dramatically shortened that last BHS to fit it in) He has a solid triple on all floor surfaces.

Last edited:

@mstealtoyou - The third skill in this pass is a whip full, or a full twisting whip.. Notice that it travels back and snaps under so that he can tumble out of it properly without losing momentum or power. This is vastly different technical skill than a cheer full thru to full. Never mind the busted triple on the end. I asked him to do this with no warmup at all and he missed his takeoff mark (notice how he dramatically shortened that last BHS to fit it in) He has a solid triple on all floor surfaces.

I like the nickname! lol

Thank you for posting that. I really did learn something and that makes me happy! Thx again!

Back