All-Star New Fieldhouse For Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't see how Worlds can continue growing if they're cutting back on bids every year?

They're not cutting back every year. Last year they cut back from 3AL for every paid bid to 2, but that was it. Here's bid counts for the last 4 years from The Road to Worlds:

2013: 357
2014: 430
2015: 354
2016: 357

And that's only US bids. I'm sure international counts have gone up. Plus it's grown as a spectator event.

They're getting rid of Partial Paid bids in the US next year, so I don't know how that will effect counts.

Last edited:
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...pirit-building-cheer-competition-complex.html

Here is the article I read the other day. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about the fact that varsity is building it. Anyone have any idea where it will be built?

It's being built behind Josten's. Disney submitted building plans to the county last year. Looks like there will be new parking lots built as well. (Yay!)

New Permit filed by Disney for expansion of ESPN Wide World of Sports complex | MouseHub.com

they probably made a smart move by turning into a facility to host cheerleading. As popular as disney is, i could just see a 100 lane bowling alley not lasting very long, and being a complete waste of money.

The only benefit I could see to a large bowling alley would be a place to send my husband and youngest to while we wait for awards...etc. Outside of that, nada---100 lane bowling just doesn't seem worth it.

they probably made a smart move by turning into a facility to host cheerleading. As popular as disney is, i could just see a 100 lane bowling alley not lasting very long, and being a complete waste of money.
Not sure when it went in but Downtown Disney now known as Disney Springs has had a big bowling alley for awhile that is fairly popular with travelers

Not sure when it went in but Downtown Disney now known as Disney Springs has had a big bowling alley for awhile that is fairly popular with travelers
I think it's been within the last 2 or 3 years. I know it's been there for at least two nationals now. Pretty fun, worth a stop!

Latest posts

Back