OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
2. Yes it's going to be extremely hard for them but the closure will be worth it. Over the summer I went to the murder trial of my sister's friend. It was awful. Heinous details. Heinous images they showed and having to sit there and watch the criminal and the criminals family and dealing with emotions of feeling compassion for the criminals family since they didn't do it but disgust because they support him and believe he is innocent and the bull ish speech his mother made during sentencing that made my skin crawl

Best wishes for your friends family

Yeah I'm going to go back to VA if there is a sentencing date. I want to see him. I don't know if I can stomach a whole trial. Your sister's friend's case sounds horrible! This guy shot my friend in the drivers seat of his car, and then got in the car, sat on top of him and drove the car somewhere else for him to be found. It was premeditated and they lured him there just to kill him. Unchristianlike or not... I want him to pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

As a stocking stuffer? :eek: I like it...

Change in topic, but I need to get this out:
I posted this in the parent thread a couple days ago, but I think it's worth sharing with everyone. The other day they arrested the scumbag who killed my friend 3 years ago. This morning they charged him with first degree murder and a few other charges. This means they're going for the death penalty. So maybe we will finally get some closure, and his family can rest. (they've been obsessed for 3 years now with trying to find out who killed him - understandably so, but it's been awful to watch)

I'm sad because all these awful memories are coming back up. But I'm glad they finally caught someone.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
"Closure" is a funny term. I don't know that you can ever truly achieve it. Yes, there is a feeling of justice in him being caught. There will be happiness if and when he is found guilty. The trial will be heartbreaking and difficult. After all is said and done though, the loss will still be felt just as strongly as before. I say this not to be upsetting, but in preparation of not feeling magically all better after the trial.

so i ordered my dad's christmas gift a while ago online (like i was done shopping before thanksgiving) and it hasn't arrived yet. i have the UPS my choice account that tells you when things will be delivered. it says tomorrow, between 2:45 and 6:45... too bad i have to be at my dad's house by 2. ughhh. what do i do? i don't want to attempt shopping today, but still what do i even get him?! his birthday is in January, so the late gift isn't a huge deal, i can just use it as his birthday gift. but i don't have any other ideas. zero. AHHH!

"Closure" is a funny term. I don't know that you can ever truly achieve it. Yes, there is a feeling of justice in him being caught. There will be happiness if and when he is found guilty. The trial will be heartbreaking and difficult. After all is said and done though, the loss will still be felt just as strongly as before. I say this not to be upsetting, but in preparation of not feeling magically all better after the trial.

His brother has spent the last 3 years playing detective. He has a fake Facebook page to creep on people he thinks were involved. He wakes up in the middle of the night with ideas (my best friend is married to him so he wakes her up). I had hoped maybe now that someone is caught he could move forward. But it seems like no - his new obsession is "why". I know he will never get an answer to that. :(

so i ordered my dad's christmas gift a while ago online (like i was done shopping before thanksgiving) and it hasn't arrived yet. i have the UPS my choice account that tells you when things will be delivered. it says tomorrow, between 2:45 and 6:45... too bad i have to be at my dad's house by 2. ughhh. what do i do? i don't want to attempt shopping today, but still what do i even get him?! his birthday is in January, so the late gift isn't a huge deal, i can just use it as his birthday gift. but i don't have any other ideas. zero. AHHH!

Can you give him a print out of the gift? My parents have done that to us before.

And hey, maybe it will come early. UPS usually delivers in my apartment complex between 4 and 6, and I just got an email at like 11AM that two packages had been delivered to my apartment complex.

His brother has spent the last 3 years playing detective. He has a fake Facebook page to creep on people he thinks were involved. He wakes up in the middle of the night with ideas (my best friend is married to him so he wakes her up). I had hoped maybe now that someone is caught he could move forward. But it seems like no - his new obsession is "why". I know he will never get an answer to that. :(

I truly hope he, and the family, will be able to take comfort in the fact that someone has been caught. I hope they get the answer to "why". But, above all else, I hope they find some peace in the search is over.

That's why I wait! I can't be bothered hiding stuff in our small apartment for weeks, waiting to wrap.

I have separate wrapping paper for everyone and then Santa has his own wrapping paper. It takes me overnight on Xmas Eve.

My mom is a panicker and has to have everything planned and done in advance. We could hardly pull her out of wrapping mode for me to open birthday gifts yesterday - she was wrapping all day just trying to get it done. We're like "you have three days..."

My mom is a panicker and has to have everything planned and done in advance. We could hardly pull her out of wrapping mode for me to open birthday gifts yesterday - she was wrapping all day just trying to get it done. We're like "you have three days..."

That's me to a T, my siblings are with me and my dad for Christmas and to be honest he's kind of well useless when it comes to gift giving and wrapping so I've been doing all of it for him. I barricaded myself in my bedroom wrapping gifts and ignoring absolutely everybody the last few nights. Half of my problem though is that I need everything to be wrapped perfectly tags, bows and all.

As a stocking stuffer? :eek: I like it...

Change in topic, but I need to get this out:
I posted this in the parent thread a couple days ago, but I think it's worth sharing with everyone. The other day they arrested the scumbag who killed my friend 3 years ago. This morning they charged him with first degree murder and a few other charges. This means they're going for the death penalty. So maybe we will finally get some closure, and his family can rest. (they've been obsessed for 3 years now with trying to find out who killed him - understandably so, but it's been awful to watch)

I'm sad because all these awful memories are coming back up. But I'm glad they finally caught someone.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Over 3 years ago, one of my close friends was killed. He was outside playing basketball in his neighborhood with his brother. He was 12 years old while his brother was 14-15. Another guy came along. He was 18 and had a gun. The gun went off and hit the younger brother. He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead. The 18 year old was charged with involuntary manslaughter and got parole for 3 years. It still hurts that he's gone and the guy only got parole

Wow my mom actually individually wraps and labels "from Santa" or "from mom and dad" on every single gift. For seven people. Lots of time and lots of mess
My mom does that too! Sometimes they are wrapped so pretty that I don't even want to open them lol

My dad's mother was murdered in front of him when he was 7. He was hiding in a closet. It was a break in. It was the 60s. It was the south. Nobody cared. They were black. The murderer was black. He went free. I don't talk to my dad about what happened. In my 28 years I've never asked a question about that day. But. From what my mom told me and the articles I've read in archives about him going free, it changed my dad completely. How we were raised was entirely dictated by that one night. I'm convinced that if that man had rotted in prison he would have been less afraid as a child and found some closure

Can you give him a print out of the gift? My parents have done that to us before.

And hey, maybe it will come early. UPS usually delivers in my apartment complex between 4 and 6, and I just got an email at like 11AM that two packages had been delivered to my apartment complex.

that's a good idea! thank you! (though i think this may have been a blessing in disguise because i would need something for his birthday gift anyway and i like to give a bigger/more meaningful gift for birthdays rather than christmas, so if it gets here in time i may hold onto it) i've pinterested some projects this morning, and it may look like my gifts are from my 1995 kindergarten class, but it'll be fine. and i have a feeling he'll appreciate it more than any old thing i would find at the store.

my UPS person usually hits our neighborhood around 4, though it seems to be earlier in the last month (guessing the routes may have changed a bit due to the influx of deliveries) i feel so bad that them delivering up to 6:45 is even an option tomorrow. i know my 1 little package isn't making a huge difference, but i still get sad that not everyone can enjoy the holidays with their families. (and in my defense, i ordered in November, but it was an ebay purchase and trapped in customs, ugh.) for future reference, early bird does not always get the worm.

The townhouse we've been interested in officially became a short sale on Friday. We put an offer on Sunday and heard back today that they accepted! Of course, since it's a short sale, it doesn't really matter that they accepted - their bank still has to accept, and that could take months. But it's one step closer for us!

The townhouse we've been interested in officially became a short sale on Friday. We put an offer on Sunday and heard back today that they accepted! Of course, since it's a short sale, it doesn't really matter that they accepted - their bank still has to accept, and that could take months. But it's one step closer for us!
Congrats!!!!! I know you had posted you were hoping that was what would happen. Really hope it works out for you.

Congrats!!!!! I know you had posted you were hoping that was what would happen. Really hope it works out for you.

Thank you! We've been interested in this place since mid-November and put in our first offer just before Thanksgiving (which they rejected, trying to avoid a short sale). We're really lucky that it's worked out so far. The winter is a very slow time for real estate here, so I guess we're really the only interested people.

Last edited:
Back