OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's December 23rd... I shouldn't be able to go outside with no coat on.

Last week, I've had strangely warm weather for december, which felt weird. Right now, a big storm is going on with lots of rain and wind gusts about 70 mph so I kind of miss the warm weather... It's almost midnight, but I know I'm not going to sleep comfortably tonight :confused:.

ETA :
@crazyredhead Apparently I'm not the only fierceboarder Dirk is keeping awake :rolleyes:

Last week, I've had strangely warm weather for december, which felt weird. Right now, a big storm is going on with lots of rain and wind gusts about 70 mph so I kind of miss the warm weather... It's almost midnight, but I know I'm not going to sleep comfortably tonight :confused:.

ETA :
@crazyredhead Apparently I'm not the only fierceboarder Dirk is keeping awake :rolleyes:
Haha the wind shouldn't scare me as it does but sounds like my widows are gonna blow in!

the 24/7 special profiling the red wings and the leafs has me like beyond fascinated, i love seeing behind the scenes of teams and how things operate

So like a week ago I was hardcore celebrating in this thread because I got a 99 on my Organic chem final and it was worth 20% of our grades so I was super excited (still am, that wasn't easy) but I thought for sure that would bump me up to an A. Right before the final I had an 87.4 (thank you automatic 100 homework assignments) final's worth 20% and I got a 99. What's my final grade? 89.7. And it's clearly written in the syllabus no rounding. I know there are some people who would kill for that grade, so I sound like an obnoxious brat, but I'm so disappointed... Not at the professor for not rounding up but at myself. Like if I tried a little harder on something for an extra point. Ugh. Lame.

On the bright side, I officially, officially will be starting my doctor of chiropractic in January (my acceptance was conditional based on organic chem) and I will now be getting an academic scholarship, so yay, anyway! Even with that darn B+...
That is worth 1,000 shimmies. congratulations and good luck!

Germany, 6° Celsius, sun. Very unusual for 24th december.
I´m afraid we´ll get snow and cold around end of january and i´ll be wearing my winter jacket till mid april. Not okay.
Oh, and merry christmas y´all :D

Haha the wind shouldn't scare me as it does but sounds like my widows are gonna blow in!

Well if you have widows, that makes you a ghost so wind shouldn't scare you anymore :rolleyes: (sorry, I just have to make lame jokes...)

There were branches falling on the roof right above me, and scraping allll the way down. I don't know when the wind stopped, but I fell asleep at some point and everything seems calm now.

2 1/2 hours of this constant observation remaining. Keep looking at the school registration to see if by some miracle any section of A &P opens for me that I can attend. As of now the only sectiona available on 3 campuses is mwf 5 to 7. during competition season there is no way i can do that. So now I need to wait until the system goes down after the semester payment deadline and hope someone didn't pay and get dropped off. This means I need to sit at the computer like it;s ticketmaster and pray I hit the right button at the right time.

Germany, 6° Celsius, sun. Very unusual for 24th december.
I´m afraid we´ll get snow and cold around end of january and i´ll be wearing my winter jacket till mid april. Not okay.
Oh, and merry christmas y´all :D

I went skiing in Switzerland a few years ago and it was something like 8 degrees Celsius the whole week. Crazy warm. Fortunately, the mountain is a glacier so you just had to go high enough to get to the snow.

@krystynakrez

SO sorry I'm tardy to the party- if I was tagged it got lost in a sea of tags/notifications so I missed this.

You have a multitude of options based on your boyfriend/you/finances. You could go the touristy route, the half-touristy route, or the locals route. There is still PLENTY to do/see in NYC in the wintertime, make no mistake. Lots of the museums are actually 'suggested donation', so when they try to charge you $10 you can give a penny if you want (in college I gave a quarter). Double check prices online (I love the Met- seriously fantastic and most specialty exhibits are free). There are TONS of shows, and if you want something specific check TKTS or do student rush/lotteries (I'll give you more on that if that's an interest). Skating in Bryant Park/Central Park/South Street Seaport. I sometimes will walk on Broadway from Downtown/FiDi to Union Square. You basically see the changing of the neighborhoods from FiDi to Chinatown/Little Italy to SoHo to USquare. Is there a specific food he likes? There are foodie walking tours. All the typical monuments. Max Brenner's for chocolate. Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar to see me :p The Museum of the Moving Image in Queens. The stores in SoHo/the West Village should still be decorated for the holidays so it's fun to window shop there. Specific shopping you want to do? Times Square is worth it just to experience, but it gets overwhelming. Hell's Kitchen has AWESOME restaurants. If there's specific cuisine you want to try I can give you recs.

Give me an outline and I can tailor you something more specific if you need it. I should run a Fierceboard NYC Tour Company :D

Latest posts

Back