OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i know you mean well and are coming from a very good place, so i 100% promise i don't mean this in a b*tchy way, but it's much kinder to at the very least say a girl with autism rather than "autistic girl." if you had a disability you wouldn't want to be defined by it and it is hurtful to some people. pet peeve, i apologize, and i almost hate to even say it because you're trying to do something nice here.:oops:

Yes. People first language.

Back to the poster.

I have a coworker, that is a page (aka shelver in other library systems) that has severe autism. He has outbursts, he talks to himself, and he freaks out when patrons approach him. Ever so often I encounter a patron that will come up to me and say "Is he okay?", "Should he be working here", "Why is he working here".

Ive seen people follow him just to agitate him.

I get seriously angry when these things happen. To the point where I'm very short in my reply to the person, or I may speak more authoritative to someone that necessary. For instance a lady FOLLOWED him around to point where she was chasing him and I tapped her shoulder and said "Ma'am may I help" and she turned around to me and screamed "WHY IS HE WORKING HERE IF HE CAN'T HELP ME". And I was like "Its not his job to help you".

It literally makes my blood boil when this stuff happens. I don't understand why people don't respect the fact that some people are different, and those "different" people have a right to work and function in society.

The girl in your pilates class is ignorant to this type of situation, the same as the people that come into my library are ignorant. I would personally pull her to the side and not divulge any personal information about the woman in question but say "Hey I notice the faces you make whenever _________ does ________. Why?"

And when she replies. Punch her in the face because I'm sure its going to be offensive and ignorant.

JK. Just say that its disrespectful and doesn't go unnoticed

The first one is stupid - it bothered me that the actress who plays Claire has blue eyes. They spent so much time in the books describing her eye color that it just did not seem right that they couldn't put some whiskey/sherry colored lenses on her. I'm very over that though - I think Catriona Balfe (I think that is the correct spelling of her name) is a fabulous Claire. The other was that lovely little scene between her and Frank in the ruins of Castle Leoch....that was supposed to have been something that was a first for her and Jamie. I know they were really trying to paint a strong picture of initmacy for her and Frank but really, there was no need to take it there in my humble opinion. Six episodes into the season though I cannot get over how episode after episode they have done such an amazing job of capturing the whole tone of the book.

I agree about the Castle Leoch scene. It was completely unnecessary and it felt like they were just doing it for the shock factor.

The woman playing Claire is just as I had imagined her in my mind-but with the correct eye color. I'm excited to continue watching the series. I'm a visual person, so some of the things that I couldn't imagine are finally making more sense.

My Cp's gym only takes higher levels to NCA so my CP hasn't gone yet but I was curious to know what does Stay and Play mean?
I believe it is an agreement made between and EP (event producer) and a hotel. The hotel rents a block (as in, a section, not a street block) of rooms out to the EP, and to pay for those rooms the EP requires all attendees (coaches, parents and athletes) book hotel rooms within that block. A lot of parents and coaches are against STP because the rooms are very expensive, and they could find much cheaper lodging a smaller, lower-ranked hotels.

I believe it is an agreement made between and EP (event producer) and a hotel. The hotel rents a block (as in, a section, not a street block) of rooms out to the EP, and to pay for those rooms the EP requires all attendees (coaches, parents and athletes) book hotel rooms within that block. A lot of parents and coaches are against STP because the rooms are very expensive, and they could find much cheaper lodging a smaller, lower-ranked hotels.

Great, so I better start saving now!!!

Less than an hour till voting stations close to decide if Scotland becomes an independent nation or stays as a part of the UK....

Quite scared to leave my flat tomorrow - the city I live in has a lot of very passionate "yes" (for independence) voters and I don't want to be around if the vote doesn't go their way!
Looks like the No's are going to win, though it will probably be a relatively close vote. If there are trouble spots tomorrow, do your best to stay away from them. Or, just hang out and watch movies all day ;)
@RS_Amie Agree and I hope so too. Over the past week there have been many gatherings where traditional Scottish music and dances have been performed and lots of traditional Scots films/shows are being shown on TV. It is raising lots of passion for the country, but not necessarily what's best.

Edit - I absolutely love Scots music and dances but I almost feel guilty for enjoying them now since I'm a no voter. It sad that its come to that!
There's no reason why the Scots can't keep that passion for their country, regardless of the No's winning. We'll see what happens regarding the PM granting greater devolution and powers though.

Looks like the No's are going to win, though it will probably be a relatively close vote. If there are trouble spots tomorrow, do your best to stay away from them. Or, just hang out and watch movies all day ;)

There's no reason why the Scots can't keep that passion for their country, regardless of the No's winning. We'll see what happens regarding the PM granting greater devolution and powers though.

Only got 2 hours of classes today so don't have to be out for long, thank you for the concern though haha!
I didnt think it would be that bad, and I know that voices don't always get put into actions but my social media timelines right now are very angry/upset because of the result!

Only got 2 hours of classes today so don't have to be out for long, thank you for the concern though haha!
I didnt think it would be that bad, and I know that voices don't always get put into actions but my social media timelines right now are very angry/upset because of the result!
I just don't do anything stupid and destructive like Americans always seem to do.

The days I spent in Edinburgh and Scotland overall were my favorite part of my trip this past summer. Lovely place and people!

I'm having an issue. There's an autistic girl in my Pilates class. She kicks booty at it. Sometimes she raises her hands and asks some off topic questions, but otherwise she participates really well. This other girl seems to always look around like, "what the heck, this girl is weird" and obviously looking for reactions from the class about this autistic girl. I'm getting really angry the more and more it's happening. I want to say something to her, but I don't want to embarrass her or the autistic girl by calling excessive attention. ):

This irritates me too. The next time the dumb *ss is looking around, I would look her right in the eye and say "can I help you with something? You seem to need help."

Since I ALWAYS vote for everyone on here's stuff... Can you guys please vote for my dance studio to get us to the next step in this Chase grant thing? We're trying to get a $150,000 grant. Thank you!

Intrigue Dance - Chase Mission Main Street Grants

(when I say "my" I mean I am the ops mgr there, and my kid spends the majority of her life there... So it's not "mine" but it's still mine!)

Since I ALWAYS vote for everyone on here's stuff... Can you guys please vote for my dance studio to get us to the next step in this Chase grant thing? We're trying to get a $150,000 grant. Thank you!

(when I say "my" I mean I am the ops mgr there, and my kid spends the majority of her life there... So it's not "mine" but it's still mine!)
done

Done!

My school is currently on lockdown because someone posted that there was going to be a school shooting at 2:24 on yik yak. Remember that thread several months ago when I posted that the app wasn't big here? It literally got popular yesterday and something bad is already happening.

My school is currently on lockdown because someone posted that there was going to be a school shooting at 2:24 on yik yak. Remember that thread several months ago when I posted that the app wasn't big here? It literally got popular yesterday and something bad is already happening.

Sending prayers your way. Hopefully nothing actually happens.

Back