OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I asked cp if she went on it today and she said no, partly because she didn't want to get caught being on it but mainly because she said the novelty has already worn off.

It's possibly the worst because it's the hardest to pinpoint who's saying what. I have it, but I'm in college. I don't believe half of it. I'm so sad that in 2014 we still have cyberbullying. It was really bad when I was younger, but luckily most kids drop it by the time they are in HS. I could only wish it would stop totally.

So my sister is turning 19 October 5th, and she's a freshman in college. She's going to school about ten hours away from where I'm going to school, and I want to do something special for her. I won't be able to go up and see her, but if anybody has some really thoughtful or sentimental ideas for gifts that they've sent to a college student before, I'm all ears! I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to get her.

Hey quick question! Has anyone ever used the Kaepea Awesome cheer shoes? My coach asked me what I think of them and I'd like to get some feedback from people if they've used them! Thanks :)

My boyfriends house caught on fire tonight. It started in the basement and went right to the attic, from what we can tell everything is gone. This is so heartbreaking. Im just so grateful the dogs were outside!

My boyfriends house caught on fire tonight. It started in the basement and went right to the attic, from what we can tell everything is gone. This is so heartbreaking. Im just so grateful the dogs were outside!

Glad everyone is okay

House fires are the worst. My moms house caught fire right after I finished grad school and was getting ready to move out. Half the house was gone (frame still stood) but in the end the whole house had to be gutted. At the time it was the worst day of my life, standing there seeing your childhood home with flames coming out of the roof.....but now that I think about it a few years later, it could have been so much worse and and in reality it was a bit of a blessing.

I hope they have good home owners insurance

Glad everyone is okay

House fires are the worst. My moms house caught fire right after I finished grad school and was getting ready to move out. Half the house was gone (frame still stood) but in the end the whole house had to be gutted. At the time it was the worst day of my life, standing there seeing your childhood home with flames coming out of the roof.....but now that I think about it a few years later, it could have been so much worse and and in reality it was a bit of a blessing.

I hope they have good home owners insurance
Yep, they were told everything will be covered except for things like computers, tvs, etc. He's really upset about his pictures and paintings from when we were in art school. He just keeps making jokes like "oh well. I guess I get to go school shopping again." But i can tell he's trying to hold it together.

My best friend's house burnt down last summer. She was at work when it happened. Her kitty was in her bedroom upstairs and no one could get him :( her house and barn were a historical site because they were so old. It was a horrible day.

Yep, they were told everything will be covered except for things like computers, tvs, etc. He's really upset about his pictures and paintings from when we were in art school. He just keeps making jokes like "oh well. I guess I get to go school shopping again." But i can tell he's trying to hold it together.

That's weird that those things aren't covered.

My moms insurance covered everything. They paid for tvs, laptops, a wii, a desktop computer nobody used

We had to sit down and write a list of everything that was in the house. Literally everything...and insurance paid for everything--including my box of Babysitters club books.

Once the fire was out they let us go in and see what remained. And then we left and went to the mall to buy clothes and then target for shampoo and flat irons because we smelled like soot. Then we checked into the hotel.....the next day the insurance adjuster gave my mom a check for $1500 for expenses.

All of our family pictures survived. Honestly I can't even think of what we lost that day anymore....material possessions, so unimportant in retrospect. Your boyfriend will be okay once the shock wears are. The things they lost are just "things". I'd rather lose things than lives.

Oh no, that's so terrible to hear about your bf's house. But Im so glad no one was hurt and the dogs were ok. My thoughts are with him and his family.

I'm sure the jokes are just his way of coping and dealing with a difficult situation that he has no control over. I don't think it's anything to be worried about. When my dorm building caught fire on the first day of school two years ago, I cant tell you how many times I laughed at the entire situation and made jokes about starting my busiest semester homeless even though on the inside I was scared and frustrated. I'm can assure you though that the support he and his family is getting from you, friends, and family mean the world to them right now.

But going off of what @HeresAThought said - the evening of our fire, the school told us one of the things we needed to do was make a list of everything in our room. Everything. So if anything was damaged we could tell our insurance companies, file a claim and it would be covered. They said to do this as soon as you can because everything is fresh in your mind.

Hopefully the family can recover quickly and get back to a normal life! Fires are scary things and change your perspective a bit. That smell of burnt plastic and soot is something that stays in your head for a long time.

The fact that we broke our own bleachers in the student section amazes me, yet it doesn't shock me. 4 sets of bleachers have been broken by our student section. 3 this year (so far) and 1 last year.

Back