OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My school is currently on lockdown because someone posted that there was going to be a school shooting at 2:24 on yik yak. Remember that thread several months ago when I posted that the app wasn't big here? It literally got popular yesterday and something bad is already happening.
Oh you have no idea how bad it is on Long Island with that app (it wasn't here either when you posted that a few months back). We've heard that one school district is dealing with a freshman who posted he was going to shoot everyone in school in the morning this past Monday (they found who it was and suspended him).
My cp's school is out of control with it as well, really only since yesterday.The school attempted to block it today but kids are still finding ways around that geofence blocker.

Hope everything's okay and they quickly find who posted that in your school.

Need some creative ideas...putting together a small get well basket for one of our cheerleaders that broke her hand (and needed surgery)...crafts and puzzle books are kind of out due to the large cast she has on. I have a signed card from the team and some of her favorite snacks, but kind of at a loss for what else to put in. Any suggestions?

Oh you have no idea how bad it is on Long Island with that app (it wasn't here either when you posted that a few months back). We've heard that one school district is dealing with a freshman who posted he was going to shoot everyone in school in the morning this past Monday (they found who it was and suspended him).
My cp's school is out of control with it as well, really only since yesterday.The school attempted to block it today but kids are still finding ways around that geofence blocker.

Hope everything's okay and they quickly find who posted that in your school.

What exactly does the app do??

So you just make an account and then you see posts on a feed based off your location?

You can select schools and read their yaks

It used to be you had to be in the area in order to pick up the yaks but now you can read yaks from anywhere

When we moved my sister in last month I read some of Georgia Southerns yaks and silently thanked God that I'll never be "young" again

You can select schools and read their yaks

It used to be you had to be in the area in order to pick up the yaks but now you can read yaks from anywhere

When we moved my sister in last month I read some of Georgia Southerns yaks and silently thanked God that I'll never be "young" again

Interesting. Seems like a bad idea

Yes. People first language.

Back to the poster.

I have a coworker, that is a page (aka shelver in other library systems) that has severe autism. He has outbursts, he talks to himself, and he freaks out when patrons approach him. Ever so often I encounter a patron that will come up to me and say "Is he okay?", "Should he be working here", "Why is he working here".

Ive seen people follow him just to agitate him.

I get seriously angry when these things happen. To the point where I'm very short in my reply to the person, or I may speak more authoritative to someone that necessary. For instance a lady FOLLOWED him around to point where she was chasing him and I tapped her shoulder and said "Ma'am may I help" and she turned around to me and screamed "WHY IS HE WORKING HERE IF HE CAN'T HELP ME". And I was like "Its not his job to help you".

It literally makes my blood boil when this stuff happens. I don't understand why people don't respect the fact that some people are different, and those "different" people have a right to work and function in society.

The girl in your pilates class is ignorant to this type of situation, the same as the people that come into my library are ignorant. I would personally pull her to the side and not divulge any personal information about the woman in question but say "Hey I notice the faces you make whenever _________ does ________. Why?"

And when she replies. Punch her in the face because I'm sure its going to be offensive and ignorant.

JK. Just say that its disrespectful and doesn't go unnoticed
That woman sounds like a whiny brat. I don't get why people are so ignorant.

My school is currently on lockdown because someone posted that there was going to be a school shooting at 2:24 on yik yak. Remember that thread several months ago when I posted that the app wasn't big here? It literally got popular yesterday and something bad is already happening.
What is yik yak?

ETA: never mind, figured it out.

So you just make an account and then you see posts on a feed based off your location?

Yes, and it's really popular for colleges, but I guess the HS levels are in on it now too. Me and my friend were just saying that it would've been nasty if it was a thing when we were in school as our school system already has a social media etiquette problem because all the HS kids are connected and twitter is a big enough deal to handle, though it's gotten better.

Yik Yak is pretty huge and mostly harmless at this point at our university, but whenever we get near the middle and high school near campus a message comes up on the app that says "You are too close to a school. Yik Yak is only for adults."

Yes, and it's really popular for colleges, but I guess the HS levels are in on it now too. Me and my friend were just saying that it would've been nasty if it was a thing when we were in school as our school system already has a social media etiquette problem because all the HS kids are connected and twitter is a big enough deal to handle, though it's gotten better.
I asked cp if she went on it today and she said no, partly because she didn't want to get caught being on it but mainly because she said the novelty has already worn off.

Back