OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@cheernerd5678 I endorse what @luv2cheer92 said about Founding Farmers and Baked and Wired. Baked & Wired is lifechanging (my insta has pics of their cupcakes...actually of most cupcakes in the region: Instagram ) Shake Shack is good if you're looking for a decent burger. Clyde's is good in Georgetown, as is Mr. Smith's and Good Stuff Eatery.

Things to do--Definitely check out the Smithsonian museums (they're free, and American History is my favorite one) and if you're willing to pay for an awesome museum experience you MUST go to the Newseum. It is journalist heaven. (I geeked out there for like, four hours.) I'm also a big fan of being super touristy and looking at all of the monuments and war memorials--I know you said you've seen them before, but I've found that I have a different appreciation for things now that I'm older.

Also my office is right in Rosslyn if you want to have a Fierceboard mega-meetup.
Thanks! The majority of the group hasn't been to DC, so we'll definitely be going to monuments and war memorials. I want to go to the newseum, but since it's a journalism convention it'll probably be extra packed. Hopefully since we're getting there a few days early we'll be able to beat the rush!

Thanks! The majority of the group hasn't been to DC, so we'll definitely be going to monuments and war memorials. I want to go to the newseum, but since it's a journalism convention it'll probably be extra packed. Hopefully since we're getting there a few days early we'll be able to beat the rush!

I can't recommend it enough. You'll love it. (And if you're a crime geek like I am the FBI section will be particularly mind blowing. They have the Unabomber's cabin on display.)

When will you be here?

He eats fine and the vet told me how to check to see if he's getting dehydrated. He's a reaaaallllly small dog! His food is like 50% water 50% food! And I've tried the syrenge he just won't let me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
My puppy also doesn't like drinking from a bowl. He likes regular cups because he can stick his whole head in. He's a freak! He likes to drink water right off of the floor too.

We lived in Reston when I was really little and then Herndon
@luv2cheer92 thanks! I can pretty much guarantee we will be getting cupcakes :) last year we found a little cupcake shop in Boston and I swear people went back to it like 3 times!
@Ally13 thank you!

Basically @luv2cheer92 and @gofriars610 named all the hotspots so I will just cosign and say yes, the Newseum is my favorite in all of the DC area. So many cool exhibits that make you fall in love with journalism even more. Clyde's and Good Stuff were on the top of my list as well. Good Stuff Burgers are perfect. In Rosslyn there is Le Meridian which is a little pricey but the food is delish.
Make sure to go to the waterfront for cool pictures and there are restaurant there. My friends and I frequent Gtown but I can never remember the restaurant names lol

I'm going to try a cup!

I hope it works!

Our last dog HATED espresso, but she would lick the spoon every time we made espresso! She would lick it and bark at it she didn't like it so much. We could then dip it back into espresso, and she would lick it again! Knowing she didn't like it! But if it was something that we ate, she HAD to try it. She was a super picky eater too...she would only eat her kibble if it had grated cheese on it. Thinking about it now, maybe it was because she never saw us eating kibble, but we always used grated cheese?!

I hope it works!

Our last dog HATED espresso, but she would lick the spoon every time we made espresso! She would lick it and bark at it she didn't like it so much. We could then dip it back into espresso, and she would lick it again! Knowing she didn't like it! But if it was something that we ate, she HAD to try it. She was a super picky eater too...she would only eat her kibble if it had grated cheese on it. Thinking about it now, maybe it was because she never saw us eating kibble, but we always used grated cheese?!

That's hysterical. My grandpa's dog won't eat his food unless you sit down on the floor next to him while he eats. And his dog is so spoiled. He basically gets the Cobb salad version of kibble. Bacon bits, left overs, canned soup, chicken nuggets, eggo waffles, etc. That dog eats better than most people.

does anybody know where i can find pictures from the rebel athletics catalog for 2013 where they did the couture style book?

Whyyyy is it that when someone is gay, its regarded as like, the most interesting information about them...?
My sociology class is talking about Tyler Perry being supposedly gay. These students AND the teacher are like, so involved in finding out if he's gay. Who the frick cares. Its his sexuality, its private.

This girl in front of me is talking about how her moms friend came out and its like the most shocking thing ever and "he wasn't even into girly things".

I CANT. I hate that its always assumed that someone is straight until proven otherwise, and then the fact that people are SO INTERESTED. Sexuality is a private thing, and it surely shouldn't be the topic of conversation in my college course.

</rant>

Resume rant: Someone's sexuality is not public matter, and I hate that its treated that way when someone is anything other than straight.

Last edited:
This girl in front of me is talking about how her moms friend came out and its like the most shocking thing ever and "he wasn't even into girly things".

By some awful chances, I'm now in a semester long group with the girl. We're doing a project now and she's joking about how she's "so OCD lol." Awesome. We're making blanket assumptions about people that happen to be gay AND joking about mental illness.

This is going to be so fun wowie wow.

Back