OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What phone do you have? A lot of carriers turned that feature off for users with unlimited data. At least on iPhones, they can't really control it on Android as easily.

I have AT&T and used to have unlimited data and couldn't use it without paying more money or dropping unlimited. Now I'm on a shared data plan and realized I can do it on my phone now. We have 10gb data/month for two phones, so I've got a good amount of data to work with.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendation for boots for women with small calves? Not snow boots, but I've been wanting a pair of riding boot type boots for years and never got one because my calves are so tiny they all look ridiculous.
I basically can't wear boots with skirts or dresses. The one pair that I can is Etienne Aigner and I am able to make them work by wearing above the knee socks and scrunching them right under the top of the boot. #skinnygirlproblems

I have chicken legs and I've never found riding type boots that fit my calves so if you find some please share.

I wore rampage riding boots today with a dress....they were far from "tight" on my calves but it didn't look ridiculous either

I ordered a pair from Gilt on a whim last week and I'm already regretting that decision. I'll almost certainly be sending them back.

I basically can't wear boots with skirts or dresses. The one pair that I can is Etienne Aigner and I am able to make them work by wearing above the knee socks and scrunching them right under the top of the boot. #skinnygirlproblems

I don't really wear skirts or dresses so that won't be a problem. I'll just get some serious socks. I just don't like the look of serious gapping around the calf, but that's probably unavoidable.

I ordered a pair from Gilt on a whim last week and I'm already regretting that decision. I'll almost certainly be sending them back.

I don't really wear skirts or dresses so that won't be a problem. I'll just get some serious socks. I just don't like the look of serious gapping around the calf, but that's probably unavoidable.

I honestly for the longest was unaware that boots should be tight at the calf....I just thought they was a by product of just having big legs.

Especially since I always hear people talk about boots not being big enough in the calf....and I've always been like "but how".

Arrogants Alert:

Booyah! I got to brag, I have the most beautiful and perfect legs... I am too SEXY for my boots, oh yeah!:cheering: ;)

PS: I am just kidding -- Really, I am celebrating and glad I have healthy legs and not have to wear a brace and can walk on these legs... I had arthritic knees - something call fibromyal...but before finding out my diagnosis, I was tested for many years, but always tested negative for lupus -- But I have been pain-free and in remission now for about 3 years... So YES, I have perfect legs!

Last edited:
I splurged and bought Hunter rain boots and today was the first day I've worn them since it was monsooning outside and I felt like my legs were being swallowed whole!!

What phone do you have? A lot of carriers turned that feature off for users with unlimited data. At least on iPhones, they can't really control it on Android as easily.

I have AT&T and used to have unlimited data and couldn't use it without paying more money or dropping unlimited. Now I'm on a shared data plan and realized I can do it on my phone now. We have 10gb data/month for two phones, so I've got a good amount of data to work with.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendation for boots for women with small calves? Not snow boots, but I've been wanting a pair of riding boot type boots for years and never got one because my calves are so tiny they all look ridiculous.
I have skinny legs and tiny calves too. I stopped looking or wanting boots because I know I will never find any that fit. But I do have ugg type boots and I wear leg warmers
I honestly for the longest was unaware that boots should be tight at the calf....I just thought they was a by product of just having big legs.

Especially since I always hear people talk about boots not being big enough in the calf....and I've always been like "but how".
I saw this segment on Good Morning America about this surgery women were having to able to fit boots.

Speaking of rain boots, does anyone have recommendations for a good pair? I bought a pair of Hunter boots last year, but they cracked in multiple spots a few months after I got them. They also have racoon bite marks on them now, so I do need to get a new pair.

I had that same problem until I found some at Tractor Supply Company that were made of a thicker material. They lasted me through two falls and two winters until they too cracked. I don't remember the brand name though but I'm sure any store like Tractor Supply Company has the same types of boots.

Speaking of rain boots, does anyone have recommendations for a good pair? I bought a pair of Hunter boots last year, but they cracked in multiple spots a few months after I got them. They also have racoon bite marks on them now, so I do need to get a new pair.
I like Bogs! Even though I'm from California (and we all know how much it's rained here lately...) I actually had them recommended to me by friends in Alaska. They hold up pretty well for them, so I figured mine should last a lifetime!

So I have to write an essay in English where you propose a social problem and 3 solutions for it. This is an unpopular opinion, but I thought about doing the pressure put on high school athletes and the permanent physical (and emotional?) damage it can have on them. I don't know what it's like everywhere, but in my small town, sports are life. If you aren't an athlete you're irrelevant and are treated as such.
Recently, my twin brother got a severe concussion at a football game that affected the hyperactivity in his brain. He didn't sleep for two weeks and my mom didn't find out (because he "needed" to get back to football) until his body started to, for lack or a better word, shut down. He then spent 2 weeks in Children's Hospital in New Orleans, and doctors told us he would never be the same mentally/emotionally.
This isn't an essay against sports: I love watching sports. I think sports do great things for kids' lives and give them opportunities they wouldn't have otherwise. But where does the line get drawn? Does anybody have any thoughts that could help me on this? Or maybe a less controversial topic? (It's not that I don't think it should be written about bc it's controversial; I just only have a week to do it and am not sure I could do it justice in that time.)

Crying because there's a Fall Out Boy and Vinyl Theatre concert on a night we have cheer practice. Let's see if I can get my coach to cancel it....

Crying because there's a Fall Out Boy and Vinyl Theatre concert on a night we have cheer practice. Let's see if I can get my coach to cancel it....

We seem to like a few of the same bands and you should check out Yellowcard's album. Just came out today and it's phenomenal. But they've been my favorite band since I was 10 so I might be biased haha.

Back