OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Someone should take my card and empty my savings account to stop me from online shopping. Splitting my paychecks and keeping them in my savings for emergency money, or any other needs was a good idea until every store I love went on sale, and I got free shipping from Amazon.

I'm limiting myself from one online shopping 'trip' a month.

Open your savings account in a different bank and don't keep a debit or atm card for it.

Open your savings account in a different bank and don't keep a debit or atm card for it.

This is what I do. I have my savings at CapitalOne 360, which is an online bank. I better a better interest rate and it takes me 3 days to get money from it. Every check money goes into it and I can't easily take money out.

When your savings is directly connected to your checking it's way to easy to move money from it.

This is what I do. I have my savings at CapitalOne 360, which is an online bank. I better a better interest rate and it takes me 3 days to get money from it. Every check money goes into it and I can't easily take money out.

When your savings is directly connected to your checking it's way to easy to move money from it.

Yes - and if they're connected, you usually don't even have to "move" it. Chase just takes it when my checking is empty.

What's everyone's opinion on using conditioning or running as punishment for a mental block?

I don't think it's useful. My coach in college used to make me to push-ups when I wouldn't throw my back handspring and I remember thinking "I'll do push ups all day, it's not going to make me throw something I can't mentally do."

What's everyone's opinion on using conditioning or running as punishment for a mental block?
I can see it being tried, because some people use the phrase "mental block" too freely, when they really just don't want to do it, and if they're told they'll have to condition they'll do it. But for real mental blocks it's unfair to the person blocking because what they need is encouragement, not punishment....

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday haha
Was this at college cheer? If I remember correctly this is something that you have been dealing with well before you joined the team and you were straight up with the coach when you tried out. Either way - what a totally ineffective coaching "method".

Back