OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
OMG YES. I think it's worse down in the south where people expect you to get married and have kids young. My little sister is a Sophomore in high school and there's a girl in her grade that's married and pregnant. WHY? They both live with her parents. I can't imagine not even being 16 and being married. My mom didn't have me until she was 32 and had been in her profession for years. I can't even count on 2 hands the number of girls from my high school that have had kids/are engaged/are married. And I can count on 1 hand the amount that haven't broken up or divorced. I'm only 19. That's just crazy to me. I definitely don't mean to generalize that all young couples will end up like this, but why on earth would you do that? Only a few went to college, and most didn't even graduate high school. I think 1 (maybe) has her GED. What are they going to do?

My old boyfriend from high school will be 23 in February and just got married this past summer to a girl who just turned 18. He was 21 and she was 17 when they got engaged... He's from NY like me but she's from Alabama and apparently that's pretty normal to get married that young. I'm just thankful I dodged a bullet... If someone asked me to marry them right now, I think I would go hide somewhere.

On another note, I took that dialect quiz and I got Rochester, NY, Buffalo, NY, and Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm from Rochester so no surprise there. What's funny is that now I live in Pittsburgh and get asked about my "accent" all the time. My boyfriend is from Pittsburgh and his family loves to hear me talk because they think it sounds so "cute." I'm like no people... YOU sound funny! There's certain words they say and I'm just like no that's not right... It's sneakers, not tennis shoes. We wash clothes, not warsh them. A buggy... Nope you mean shopping cart.

Adding to the pregnancy/marriage stories, one girl I cheered with in 7th grade (she was 16, I was 13) is married at 21 with one kid and (if I read her facebook status right) is expecting another. That one's not too shocking as she is in her 20s. Another girl who is my age (19) that was on the same team as me and the girl I previously mentioned is pregnant and her and her boyfriend aren't engaged. Also, a girl that was a year ahead of me in high school just gave birth about a month ago.. Like seriously people, wait until you can support yourself first. I couldn't handle a kid AND college right now. I'm stressed enough as it is.

Oh while we're all talking about young pregnancies and marriage... My first year in college (2 years ago,) four girls I cheered with there got engaged that year. And it was a community college. So they were all young, like 19-20. One of them got pregnant at the end of the season and apparently something happened between her and her betrothed because she's now a single mom. Another girl got married to the previous girls brother, but I never really spoke to her so I don't know if they're still together, pregnant or whatever. The third one got married and moved to Georgia I think, and now she has a baby boy while her husband is in the military. Last girl got married to a guy over 30 who I think already has 2 kids and now she's 8 months pregnant and she's not even 21.
And this is uncommon for California. I don't think anyone from my high school is engaged/married/pregnant. So. I dunno. Maybe it was just the area that I went to college at?

I got Modesto, Fremont, and Santa Rosa, all in Northern Cal. Preeeeetty dang accurate.

What do you guys call it when it's raining and the sun is out? I have never heard any of those terms before and they were so crazy!

ETA: My least similar are Shreveport and New Orleans in Louisiana, and Philadelphia.

And of course I'm the complete opposite :)
I got Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport. Dead on accurate!

One of my best friends that I've known for nearly 8 years got engaged in June...after dating the guy for 11 months. They're getting hitched on their 2 year anniversary. When they get married, she'll be barely 20 and he'll be 22. I can't get a boy to go on two dates with me so I mean...good for them? I think they rushed into it but it's their life, not mine.

During my freshman year of high school (2009), My phone, iPod and other valuables got stolen out of my gym locker by three girls (later found out who they were at the end of the year) and turns out they were already drop outs and pregnant! Now almost five years later, one is doing very well, as it seems on facebook, with two daughters and still dating the father. The second often runs into my mother grocery shopping and quote from my mom "she looks like she has a three year old as a personal stylist" and has three kids all by different fathers. And the last doesn't post much but what she does post, usually includes pictures of her clubbing and post about how her ex and cops keep bothering her :rolleyes:.

My best friend got pregnant senior year of high school. She was actually pregnant during prom but no one knew. Since I went away to college, I didn't realize she was ever pregnant. I only found out because I called her everyday for 2 weeks straight and she wasn't answering. I was going crazy thinking she was sick or something, turns out she had a baby and she didn't want to tell me because she thought our other friend would get mad at her

One of my best friends that I've known for nearly 8 years got engaged in June...after dating the guy for 11 months. They're getting hitched on their 2 year anniversary. When they get married, she'll be barely 20 and he'll be 22. I can't get a boy to go on two dates with me so I mean...good for them? I think they rushed into it but it's their life, not mine.
Eh, met my wife in high school. I was 20 and my wife was 21 when we were married. 22 years and 2 kids later still going strong. Sometimes it works.

A girl at my high school has a baby and we're 10th grade...
The sad thing is... that is becoming more and more common these days. I watch girls lose their childhoods all the time. If you're 20-21, I can see it being a little more okay but at 15-16, you're still a kid. It's really sad sometimes.

My boyfriend's step-sister had her kid at 15 and the girl is now 7 and the poor girl never sees her mom because her mom spends most of her time out at the bars, basically anywhere with her boyfriend, and the little girl is shuffled from daycare, to babysitter, to grandparents, just because the mom wants to party. It's just so sad because she is such a sweet little girl.

Oh my goodness all these stories about pregnancy and marriage are freaking me out...I'm a senior and none of my older friends are pregnant or married. In fact, in my area teenage pregnancy is completely uncommon and most people get married in their late 20s early 30s

So I guess MTV's Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant isn't working?

I saw one pregnant girl in high school and it was at graduation practice...so nobody gawked or cared because we were too busy focusing on graduation, parties, becoming thousand-aires with our grad money and leaving for college.

Back