OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Update: Can't get the zip car till next week. The buses and trains take 4-5 hours for an hour and a half trip and cost over $100. So anyone willing to pick me up from UMass and bring me to rhode island that would be great

Kidding but I'm upset I can't go now

It's only 9 am and today is already not going well. I was supposed to go to athletic in Rhode Island and stay in a hotel with my best friend and her mom. Perfect it's only an hour and a half away from my school and I get to see one of my fav competitions. But of course it's snowing today so I'm not gonna drive in snow, so I guess I'll go Saturday morning. BUT I rented a zip car and they still haven't sent me the key! This was a week ago!! Anyone have experience with zip car? Anyways I just wanted to see some cheer I've been deprived of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I THINK I recall @Just-a-Mom talking about zip car in chicago once? it was forever ago, so I could be mixing people up though. but I think it was her!

ETA: just saw your last post :( bummer!

Update: Can't get the zip car till next week. The buses and trains take 4-5 hours for an hour and a half trip and cost over $100. So anyone willing to pick me up from UMass and bring me to rhode island that would be great

Kidding but I'm upset I can't go now
does the commuter rail have a station out by UMass?

I THINK I recall @Just-a-Mom talking about zip car in chicago once? it was forever ago, so I could be mixing people up though. but I think it was her!

ETA: just saw your last post :( bummer!
Yes it was me! I don't even own a car - we did 2 full cheer seasons with just zip cars.

Obviously I'm too late to give advice, but if anyone else is ever considering using them, DEFINITELY go to their office to pick up the card. It's usually out of the way and a pain to go, but it beats waiting weeks for them to pull it together and get you on the road.

@stuntjumptumble how about enterprise car share? Same thing as zip (used to be iGo), and I used them last year. Applied and picked up my card - and went out of town in one of their cars, all within about 24 hours.

Yes it was me! I don't even own a car - we did 2 full cheer seasons with just zip cars.

Obviously I'm too late to give advice, but if anyone else is ever considering using them, DEFINITELY go to their office to pick up the card. It's usually out of the way and a pain to go, but it beats waiting weeks for them to pull it together and get you on the road.

@stuntjumptumble how about enterprise car share? Same thing as zip (used to be iGo), and I used them last year. Applied and picked up my card - and went out of town in one of their cars, all within about 24 hours.
For enterprise don't you have to be over 21? I did zip car because you only have to be 18 to rent

For enterprise don't you have to be over 21? I did zip car because you only have to be 18 to rent

Some smaller car rental places (so not nationwide companies) will rent to 18 year olds. I know when I was looking into renting a car out in California I found one where you had to be 18. And they didn't even charge that ridiculous "you're-not-over-25-so-we're-going-to-charge-you-a-separate-fee-and-say-it's-because-you're-inexperienced" fee. Maybe you can find one of those around you?

Might be coaching again!!! I texted my old cheer coach asking if they needed any help coaching next season that I'd love to and she said she'll keep me in mind!! 3 years of not being around cheer is TOO long!! I miss it so much!!

Used to, they tore it down last month. It goes to a nearby town but the route it takes to get to RI makes no sense and take 5 hours

Can you take the T to a town like Attleboro to get you close to RI and then catch a bus to Providence? Attleboro is not that far from Providence.

Can you take the T to a town like Attleboro to get you close to RI and then catch a bus to Providence? Attleboro is not that far from Providence.
I've gone over all the options it's pretty difficult unfortunately :( gonna have to sit this one out

Some smaller car rental places (so not nationwide companies) will rent to 18 year olds. I know when I was looking into renting a car out in California I found one where you had to be 18. And they didn't even charge that ridiculous "you're-not-over-25-so-we're-going-to-charge-you-a-separate-fee-and-say-it's-because-you're-inexperienced" fee. Maybe you can find one of those around you?
I'm almost positive I rented a car from enterprise in Florida when I went to visit my friends at school and I was only 21 at the time but my dad paid an extra fee so I would look into it if I was you!

SOO I took another shot with my puppy at the dog park today- last time I took him to the "small dog" area and he was not a happy camper. Theres another area of the dog park where the big dogs go and there was another small dog over there today, and I've noticed Bentley likes bigger dogs to play around so I took him over there and he did SOOOO AWESOME! I was so happy, and now we have a dog park to go to! He's only 10 pounds and kept up with all the big dogs running around and playing and wore himself out (which is really, really rare. he literally never sleeps, he always wants to play)... I was so excited! And I sound like a crazy puppy mom right now but I don't care. haha:p

Back