OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Roku or Apple TV? I'm looking into buying one to stream Netflix and also possibly NCA if anyone's periscoping the live feed this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both. Not on purpose - got the AppleTV first and then needed a new TV so got a smart TV with Roku. Both are good, but I agree that the Roku gives much more options channel wise. The only channel Roku doesn't have is iTunes, so if you rent things from there or have movies in your iTunes, etc. that won't work.

When ur cp (daughter) has a bully in school (actually 3 boys) and the bullying is being investigated but u go to school to drop something off and one of the boys sees u as ur signing in.... My reaction: stop signing, look straight at him with a death stare the entire time he walks down the hall making him look back twice.... Go ahead little boy say one more word to my daughter... Lol I know it's probably bad but it felt so good to just look at him with one eyebrow up (semi up) like "yea I know who u are.... Test me"

Last year my niece was being bullied. We ran into the girl and the girls mama at Walmart. I cussed her out. She threatened to fight me. She was 3 times my size. I was willing to take the hit since I knew she was violating her parole.

Anyway. We sent the parole officer to her house and the child was spent to a special school for bad a-- kids.

My niece is clearly not my kid so no tellin what I'll do when I have my own.

Last year my niece was being bullied. We ran into the girl and the girls mama at Walmart. I cussed her out. She threatened to fight me. She was 3 times my size. I was willing to take the hit since I knew she was violating her parole.

Anyway. We sent the parole officer to her house and the child was spent to a special school for bad a-- kids.

My niece is clearly not my kid so no tellin what I'll do when I have my own.

That story escalated so quickly.

That story escalated so quickly.

I mean my family knows people and we make stuff happen. Homegirl picked the wrong one.

I also recorded the encounter at the store and immediately took it down to the police station (knowing about the warrant out for her arrest for parole violation)

The mom stealing the principals checkbook out of his desk also helped speed up the kicking out process

In conclusion. If someone is messing with your kid, you don't play games with them. You handle things by any means necessary and get ish done.

I mean my family knows people and we make stuff happen. Homegirl picked the wrong one.

I also recorded the encounter at the store and immediately took it down to the police station (knowing about the warrant out for her arrest for parole violation)

The mom stealing the principals checkbook out of his desk also helped speed up the kicking out process

In conclusion. If someone is messing with your kid, you don't play games with them. You handle things by any means necessary and get ish done.

teach me all of your ways/self confidence

Nothing to be taught. I think as soon as you have a child (or in my case niece ) and they're cornered in the bathroom by a heathen child, you will too find the ways, means and confidence to take down an entire trash family.

Are you for hire?

im truly having a dumb moment here, but someone explain to me how vacation hours work. Say i have 53 hours of vaca, how many days does that translate to. And what the heck does PTO carryover mean.

im sitting here trying to plan out days im requesting off for my wedding in May....

im truly having a dumb moment here, but someone explain to me how vacation hours work. Say i have 53 hours of vaca, how many days does that translate to. And what the heck does PTO carryover mean.

im sitting here trying to plan out days im requesting off for my wedding in May....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but PTO carryover typically refers to carrying unused PTO hours into the new year. Some times this isn't an option depending on the employer.

If your work days are typically measured in 8 hour days then your days are 53/8, which is 6.625 days.

You should have access to an employee benefits handbook that explains this all in further detail and what the limitations of your PTO are.

I'm really surprised they didn't explain this to you when you started

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but PTO carryover typically refers to carrying unused PTO hours into the new year. Some times this isn't an option depending on the employer.

If your work days are typically measured in 8 hour days then your days are 53/8, which is 6.625 days.

You should have access to an employee benefits handbook that explains this all in further detail and what the limitations of your PTO are.

this is what i was thinking it was... currently i have 53 hours of vacation, 16 hours of personal, and then it shows PTO carryover at 26 hours.
so im thinking in total i have 11 days off to use so far. Technically i need between 16-18 days. So im really pushing it as far as using it all in one shot. My job really sucks about giving time off, and considering i dont really enjoy it, id be ready to walk if they werent willing to approve it.
i mean it sounds really dumb, but i dont plan on getting married a whole lot, and i feel like a trip traveling to london and italy, and france is a once in a lifetime thing, that i dont plan skipping on.

I'm really surprised they didn't explain this to you when you started
the PTO carryover is what confuses most, maybe its just the way its laid out online through my work site. i mean it looks a hot mess the way they have it all jumbled with everything else.

Back