OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
the PTO carryover is what confuses most, maybe its just the way its laid out online through my work site. i mean it looks a hot mess the way they have it all jumbled with everything else.
Perhaps it's "use or lose" Like you have to use those hours within a certain amount of time or you lose them? I'd contact HR for clarification.

this is what i was thinking it was... currently i have 53 hours of vacation, 16 hours of personal, and then it shows PTO carryover at 26 hours.
so im thinking in total i have 11 days off to use so far. Technically i need between 16-18 days. So im really pushing it as far as using it all in one shot. My job really sucks about giving time off, and considering i dont really enjoy it, id be ready to walk if they werent willing to approve it.
i mean it sounds really dumb, but i dont plan on getting married a whole lot, and i feel like a trip traveling to london and italy, and france is a once in a lifetime thing, that i dont plan skipping on.
lol I think you've been ready to walk for 3 months! If I remember correctly you are in the restaurant industry, which generally doesn't give days off to anyone except management, so I would say the PTO policy at your workplace is generous.
I got married a little after I was at my first full time job. I had more PTO than I was able to actually take. Most places are not willing to let you take more than 2 weeks at one time, so this really doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary to me.

Last year my niece was being bullied. We ran into the girl and the girls mama at Walmart. I cussed her out. She threatened to fight me. She was 3 times my size. I was willing to take the hit since I knew she was violating her parole.

Anyway. We sent the parole officer to her house and the child was spent to a special school for bad a-- kids.

My niece is clearly not my kid so no tellin what I'll do when I have my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang.

this is what i was thinking it was... currently i have 53 hours of vacation, 16 hours of personal, and then it shows PTO carryover at 26 hours.
so im thinking in total i have 11 days off to use so far. Technically i need between 16-18 days. So im really pushing it as far as using it all in one shot. My job really sucks about giving time off, and considering i dont really enjoy it, id be ready to walk if they werent willing to approve it.
i mean it sounds really dumb, but i dont plan on getting married a whole lot, and i feel like a trip traveling to london and italy, and france is a once in a lifetime thing, that i dont plan skipping on.

I'd gladly take your job that "sucks at giving time off" lol. We don't get carryover or "personal days" and there are obnoxious PTO rules. Like you can't take a day off before or after a holiday. (God forbid you want to go visit your family on the holidays...)

Not geometric proofs. It's more like proving logical equivalence between statements. Like proving ~Q=>(pV~p) is logically equivalent to Q.
I'm currently working on those in my math class. They're a pain but its super easy!

I'd gladly take your job that "sucks at giving time off" lol. We don't get carryover or "personal days" and there are obnoxious PTO rules. Like you can't take a day off before or after a holiday. (God forbid you want to go visit your family on the holidays...)
we dont get holidays off, i havent been home for christmas in like three years cause of work. And i probably havent celebrated thanksgiving in like 5 years.
i just really dont need the added stress of my job being like "oh your getting married? ok, here you can have a week off, your welcome." planning a wedding has not been a enjoyable experience like everyone told me it would be..... And having to worry about my job even approving my wedding off, has made my stress level extremely high.
i mean they about sh** a brick when i asked for two weeks of when i actually had the vacation time to use, back in december. I mean i try and have faith in people being considerate of things like weddings, and what not. But im not holding out a lot of hope for this place.

@UCFKnights07

Are you salary or hourly? And, what website do you use to track hours and pay? We use ADP, and under my tab it says I have 80 hrs PTO. Since my shifts are typically 10 hours and we can't use PTO to get overtime, I basically get 2 weeks off, though I can distribute it however I would like.

I'm going to assume that overtime for you is anything over 40 hrs. Right now, you have 95 hours, which would be 2 weeks, and a couple days.

I know the struggle of getting time off... I went to work with the flu, stomach flu and double ear infection because they couldn't find anyone to cover my shift when I asked for help. Literally, I was paid to sit in the back and curl up around a trash can. I love my company, but being a manager sucks sometimes.

Ok totally random but need opinion:

Last season I created a scrapbook of my CPs first year on all star etc. I loved it. She loved it and so on. Dh asked me if I'm doing it again. I said of course. Then he asked are u making one for our son cause this is his first season on cheer...

Idk I hadn't thought about it cause well I always saw scrap booking as a girl thing (please don't kill me for that statement lol).

So would it be silly of me to make him a scrap book of his 1st year cheering. I mean I am making him a medal holder like I did for my daughter. So its not like I'm treating them differently. But idk maybe I should get him his own scrapbook? Ugh lol I know it's silly.

Go ahead punish me with words lol

Edited for spelling

Last season I created a scrapbook of my CPs first year on all star etc. I loved it. She loved it and so on. Dh asked me if I'm doing it again. I said of course. Then he asked are u making one for our son cause this is his first season on cheer...

Idk I hadn't thought about it cause well I always saw scrap booking as a girl thing (please don't kill me for that statement lol).

So would it be silly of me to make him a scrap book of his 1st year cheering. I mean I am making him a medal holder like I did for my daughter. So its not like I'm treating them differently. But idk maybe I should get him his own scrapbook? Ugh lol I know it's silly.

Edited for spelling

Did you ask him if he wants one.

Was it a surprise for you daughter last year, and therefore may be something he's already expecting because that's what he established is a gift for the end of the season?

Make him one. If he doesn't want it, keep it for yourself because I'm sure you'll want it....since it's your kid.

Edited for spelling

I vote make him a scrapbook!! I think he will appreciate it and I think you'll look back on it later and will be glad you did. You never know, he might really want one and might be assuming you're making one for him too.

Roku or Apple TV? I'm looking into buying one to stream Netflix and also possibly NCA if anyone's periscoping the live feed this year

We have both, but the great thing about roku is that you can watch the worlds live feed on it and it is a much better feed than on the computer. I've watched worlds on roku the last two years and the feed has been great!

Anyone else watch American Crime: The People vs. OJ Simpson last night?!?!?!?!?

I want to binge watch the rest of it. Even though I know how it freaking ends.

I just got finished watching the first episode

The OJ Simpson trial brings back such interesting memories from childhood

That Bronco chase was something else

I just got finished watching the first episode

The OJ Simpson trial brings back such interesting memories from childhood

That Bronco chase was something else

Yeah, childhood ;) I was (cough...I'm really not "that" old) already adulting back then and reporting at the time. Now, all these years later, and all these CTE discoveries...I can't help but wonder what they might find in OJ's brain...

Back