OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
ughh i need advice you guys, especially from anyone who has worked in restaurants or management of one.

so im going to make this as short and sweet as possible. How do you deal with a difficult co worker?

I struggled in the very beginning of my new job but now im doing extremely well, but now im faced with the problem of having to work very closely with someone who does not work well with others. To me she doesnt seem to handle stress very well, as she turns into a B**** when having to deal with stressful situations. She is almost impossible to communicate with, without her freaking out or getting an attitude. She doesnt want help, as she thinks she can do everything herself, but god forbid you ask her for help or she will talk down to you with disrespect. She does not come off as a person i can see myself pulling aside and trying to solve our indifferences, as i think that will make things worse.
This is someone who has been pulled aside already for her behavior, as well as apparently crying on her second day of training. I really have no clue how to handle this situation, i really love this job, and worked my butt off to get it, but i really dont want to have to work with someone who isnt a team player and has a serious lack of communication skills.
I hate having to go to higher ups and complaining about the people i work with, but its becoming unbearable at this point. What would be your advice for this kind of situation?

im stuck working with this chick for the next five days, so im trying to keep my sanity at this point.

Last edited:
ughh i need advice you guys, especially from anyone who has worked in restaurants or management of one.

so im going to make this as short and sweet as possible. How do you deal with a difficult co worker?

I struggled in the very beginning of my new job but now im doing extremely well, but now im faced with the problem of having to work very closely with someone who does not work well with others. To me she doesnt seem to handle stress very well, as she turns into a B**** when having to deal with stressful situations. She is almost impossible to communicate with, without her freaking out or getting an attitude. She doesnt want help, as she thinks she can do everything herself, but god forbid you ask her for help or she will talk down to you with disrespect. She does not come off as a person i can see myself pulling aside and trying to solve our indifferences, as i think that will make things worse.
This is someone who has been pulled aside already for her behavior, as well as apparently crying on her second day of training. I really have no clue how to handle this situation, i really love this job, and worked my butt off to get it, but i really dont want to have to work with someone who isnt a team player and has a serious lack of communication skills.
I hate having to go to higher ups and complaining about the people i work with, but its becoming unbearable at this point. What would be your advise for this kind of situation?

im stuck working with this chick for the next five days, so im trying to keep my sanity at this point.
Ugh, that's a tough situation! I'm thinking if she's already been pulled aside, then they've got their eyes on her and you probably don't need to say anything. Is there any way you can work near her, but not with her? Basically just do your job with as little interaction with her as possible?

If you really love your job, you may have to just suck it up and tough it out until she's gone. If you complain, it really doesn't do you any favors. If they ask, though, I think you can let them know the issues as long as you do it diplomatically and focus on yourself - not her. For example "I find it difficult to work when others are..." "My customers have complained that..."

I hate having to go to higher ups and complaining about the people i work with, but its becoming unbearable at this point. What would be your advise for this kind of situation?

Is the an HR person you can talk to about this? If she's already been pulled aside for her behavior, it is clear that her antics have not gone unnoticed. If there isn't an HR person, I would go to your (or her higher up) and state your case. Let them know you've tried to talk to her, that you've tried ignoring her, you tried everything and it's still affecting you. Tell them you want to continue working here but she is making it difficult. Ask them how they can help you. They are there to manage their workers and should help you find a solution - that's their job.

Ugh, that's a tough situation! I'm thinking if she's already been pulled aside, then they've got their eyes on her and you probably don't need to say anything. Is there any way you can work near her, but not with her? Basically just do your job with as little interaction with her as possible?

If you really love your job, you may have to just suck it up and tough it out until she's gone. If you complain, it really doesn't do you any favors. If they ask, though, I think you can let them know the issues as long as you do it diplomatically and focus on yourself - not her. For example "I find it difficult to work when others are..." "My customers have complained that..."

Is the an HR person you can talk to about this? If she's already been pulled aside for her behavior, it is clear that her antics have not gone unnoticed. If there isn't an HR person, I would go to your (or her higher up) and state your case. Let them know you've tried to talk to her, that you've tried ignoring her, you tried everything and it's still affecting you. Tell them you want to continue working here but she is making it difficult. Ask them how they can help you. They are there to manage their workers and should help you find a solution - that's their job.

unfortunately we have to work together, its a two person area and there is really no way i can avoid her. There is no hr person just head chefs, im a little hesitant to complain as well simply cause this is a tough industry that doesnt take to kindly to people who whine, which is why i havent personally gone to the chefs already about this problem. My thinking is that if i can make it to saturday and im still having issues, then ill probably pull someone aside and state my concern, but im literally dreading going back to work on wednesday. I hate knowing that i love this job, but i have to work with the most vibe killing person on the planet right now. its just a sucky situation to be in.

I hate having to go to higher ups and complaining about the people i work with, but its becoming unbearable at this point. What would be your advice for this kind of situation?

If it affects your job/customers and tips then say something.

Ok so I find out who my little is for my sorority at some point today but nobody knows exactly when so we are all freaking out with anticipation and my heart has been pounding since I woke up and I keep refreshing our Facebook page and I swear I'm gonna blow up with excitement

Such little
Much sorority
Very excitement
Wow

Question. I'm going to this book signing tomorrow for Tom Delonge. It's at 7pm. Is this some dumb thing where I have to go at like 7am to wait in line (because he seems like his fans are kinda crazy) or can I just go at like 5:00 or 6:00 and be fine?
Spontaneously decided to go to Chicago next month for a work trip and now I find myself questioning why I would go that far north in November...
November is fine. I mean... You'll be cold, but it's not like January/February.

What part of Chicago? You know I live here, right? [emoji2] If you need a tour guide...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Ok so I find out who my little is for my sorority at some point today but nobody knows exactly when so we are all freaking out with anticipation and my heart has been pounding since I woke up and I keep refreshing our Facebook page and I swear I'm gonna blow up with excitement

Such little
Much sorority
Very excitement
Wow
Update: still don't know little. Side-eyeing alumni chick who is doing pairs.

Back