OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You wouldn't be quitting midseason because the season hasn't started really. I would also bring up the not being allowed to practice on sunday to the athlete director and the coach. If they said they wouldn't change it then I would threaten to contact the state. I am all about playing by the rules and if they want to not obey the rules that are in place you better believe I would be turning them in because it is wrong.

Well youre gonna have to quit one, or get your high school to change their practice times.

You wouldn't be quitting midseason because the season hasn't started really. I would also bring up the not being allowed to practice on sunday to the athlete director and the coach. If they said they wouldn't change it then I would threaten to contact the state. I am all about playing by the rules and if they want to not obey the rules that are in place you better believe I would be turning them in because it is wrong.
i really want to quit HS anyways because MANY factors but mostly because it doesn't even feel like i'm part of the team which i feel is the most important thing (a well bonded team/familyness)i could ca less about the skill level, but like i said i'm not really allowed to quit. I agree with you,, but HS considers it to be midseason because they value games and school functions over competition, and their competition starts beginning of october and first games next friday. the head coach says that school cheer is ALWAYS first not allstar... which i definitely don't agree with because i got all my skills from allstar. and I will definitely mention the sunday practices now. what i think i'll do is do all the ICE comps, practices, and such even if they overlap HS because they didn't have their stuff planned ahead and purposely made it overlap... that sounds a little harsh but i really dont know what else to do

i really want to quit HS anyways because MANY factors but mostly because it doesn't even feel like i'm part of the team which i feel is the most important thing (a well bonded team/familyness)i could ca less about the skill level, but like i said i'm not really allowed to quit. I agree with you,, but HS considers it to be midseason because they value games and school functions over competition, and their competition starts beginning of october and first games next friday. the head coach says that school cheer is ALWAYS first not allstar... which i definitely don't agree with because i got all my skills from allstar. and I will definitely mention the sunday practices now. what i think i'll do is do all the ICE comps, practices, and such even if they overlap HS because they didn't have their stuff planned ahead and purposely made it overlap... that sounds a little harsh but i really dont know what else to do

do keep in mind though that your coach is the guidance counselor and this could come back to bite you in the butt. its not fair at all, but life isnt fair. could you talk to your ICE coach about missing some practice? you dont really wanna risk having a bad connection with your guidance counseler especially since the school will more than likely side with her over you.

do keep in mind though that your coach is the guidance counselor and this could come back to bite you in the butt. its not fair at all, but life isnt fair. could you talk to your ICE coach about missing some practice? you dont really wanna risk having a bad connection with your guidance counseler especially since the school will more than likely side with her over you.
I completely get what you're saying and its one of the main reasons i can't quit, but it was kinda a stretch for me to get on black ice and i feel like i'd be slapping the coach in the face by not going to their practices. plus i went to HS practice all summer except the day of and week after surgery, and didn't go to ice's practice at all this summer because i'm the type of person that if I'm around someone that's tumbling or doing something stupid then I want to do it but if i do then i'll probably hurt myself and have to get another surgery plus 6 more months of rehab, which is the last thing i want to do

So upset right now. :( So my sister went to choreo camp today at 10 AM. When she got there, they informed her she would be an alternate. She's been on the team since the beginning of May- and they JUST now decide to tell her? When most teams close are already full?! The icing on the cake was that my brother was there and asked if he could take her home, and they said no so she sat there for 6.5 hours, watching her team get their routine. She got in the car and legit cried for 45 minutes (the whole car ride home). Ugh.

So upset right now. :( So my sister went to choreo camp today at 10 AM. When she got there, they informed her she would be an alternate. She's been on the team since the beginning of May- and they JUST now decide to tell her? When most teams close are already full?! The icing on the cake was that my brother was there and asked if he could take her home, and they said no so she sat there for 6.5 hours, watching her team get their routine. She got in the car and legit cried for 45 minutes (the whole car ride home). Ugh.
awww i'm so sorry! what team was she practicing with?

That's awful! What coach in their right mind would put a kid as an alternate on a team their parents are paying for?

So you know how you make plans before asking your parents and you tell them all the details before they're even finalized? Well that just happened to me today. Me and my 2 other friends had already planned a sleepover but we didn't know who's house. So we literally just figured it out 4 hours ago as a maybe. Well my parents didn't know any of this and I still didn't know what time to go and my dad said let's go and I still hadn't gotten a text. So I was praying to God that she would text me back and I was stalling like crazy and I finally got the text that I couldn't come over. I was so happy because I didn't know how I was going to get out of this one haha. I dropped to the floor and cried LOL. But I am sad that I can't hang out with them today ):

I feel so bad for your sister ):

Latest posts

Back