OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well thanks to these tornadoes my daughter was sent home early from school. Which is cool.

She had 2 different 1 hour privates tonight. One at one gym 3-4 and one at the other gym 730-830 and they are both cancelled because of weather so looks like I have nothing to do on this Friday night!!!

However the absolute best news is We move to San Antonio, tx in 17 days I'm literally dying of excitement!

Well thanks to these tornadoes my daughter was sent home early from school. Which is cool.

She had 2 different 1 hour privates tonight. One at one gym 3-4 and one at the other gym 730-830 and they are both cancelled because of weather so looks like I have nothing to do on this Friday night!!!

However the absolute best news is We move to San Antonio, tx in 17 days I'm literally dying of excitement!

Hope your safe, we have family near there!

Good new- i slept through all the tornado's !

bad news- all the tress around my house came crashing down on my house so now we are kind of trapped. I also think one of my neighbors got hurt. a tree fell on his car and he was inside :( and to top it all off it's snowing. Surprisingly the power only went out for 2hrs.

Prayers for my friends and family who lost their homes and belongings in the tornadoes yesterday. Even more thoughts and prayeres to those who lost family members. They are still trying to find missing people.

My oldest spent 6 weeks in Ireland last summer, had a wonderful time. How long will you be there and will you have weekends to travel? If you would like some points of interest from someone who was just there , reply here or PM me. Regardless, have a wonderful time.
Thank you! I'm only going for a week unfortunately, so we're just staying in Ireland and traveling in-country. Two of my best friends are getting their master's in Dublin currently so myself and another friend are just visiting for the week. We've booked tours for the Cliffs of Moher and the Giant's Causeway so far. I know we're also doing the Guinness Factory (high priority lol), Blarney Stone, and spending some time in Cork and Galway. After graduating college in 2010 I went with two friends (one of whom is in Dublin now) backpacking through Europe for 3 weeks and we fit in 5 countries and 8 cities in that time so we're pretty good at traveling and getting a lot in, in a short amount of time. kristenthegreat gave some pointers but if you'd like to add on please do! I'm up for seeing and doing anything while over there!

Sidenote, New England has had some awful winters, but all these people talking about tornadoes scares me. Don't know how you guys do it! Hope everyone has found safety!

While at the Cliffs of Mohr, depending on your time constraints, my daughter strongly recommends going to Doolin. If you have any interest in going to the Aran Islands, the ferry from Doolin is cheaper than the ferry from Galway. If you are not planning on going to the Aran Islands, but are interested in Aran sweaters, there is a shop in Doolin. She recommends McGann's pub in terms of food, atmosphere, traditional music at dinner, etc. The gift shop at the Cliffs is really cool, set into the hill. Again depending on time, you can rent bikes and bike the Burren- geological oddity, miles of rocky expanses- "feels like you're biking on Mars." Her first recommendation is Doolin, (after the Cliffs), then the others depending on time. She stayed at Flanagan's hostel (loved)but she said you can poke your head in any hostel there and ask for recommendations or directions. Have a great trip.

aggie1983 Thank you so much! Great info! We're still debating about the Aran Islands, but I'll definitely keep Doolin in mind. Skyping tonight to do some finalizing so I'll mention everything you've said. The biking sounds amazing! Thanks again!!

We just put our cp and her twin brother on the vans going down to Florida for their senior cruise. I know they are going to have a wonderful time, but I really just want to go to sleep and wake up Thursday night when they get home. (It didn't help that as we were flipping channels looking for weather coverage last night, what should be playing on TBS - The Poseidon Adventure - yeah, great, needed that visual:rolleyes:)

I just watched the movie 50/50.
It is AMAZING.
Its funny, inspirational, and makes you value life so much more.
Whoever the actor was, did amazing. LOVE <3 5 stars!

Back