OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wasn't there a "then and now" thread about pictures of us when we began cheering compared to now? I swear I've seen it before but I can't find it at all. :(

RIP Anna Daley. She is a 17 year old from Chicago that has been battling lukemia for the last 9 months, and she was getting better and was supposed to be able to go home for her prom this weekend. Her condition changed quickly and she passed away:( I've never met her, but me and my mom have been following her story since September. I don't think I have ever been so moved by someone I haven't ever met. I'm in tears.

Today is a sad, sad day for North Carolina. #EqualRightsEqualLove
This makes me so angry! There was a time that I was against gay rights because my mind was clouded by the views of a church that could do no wrong. Well let's just say we got kicked out said church, and I finally took a look at how hypocritical and deluded they were. And let me tell you there was no changing there minds. I have finally found a church who knows the real meaning of love and all I can say is LEGALIZE GAY!!! I can say I am not surprised by this vote after coming from a church like that, like I said there is no changing their minds because to them they are not wrong! It's sick! I am sorry to anyone I looked down upon who is gay while I was at the church! I love everyone all the same now and couldn't be happier! Sorry for the rant I just have strong feelings towards it.

Ohio actually banned gay marriage as well as gay unions way back in 2004, which I still think is ridiculous and I actually lived in North Carolina at the time of that election. I just think it's crazy and ridiculous how people can't accept that love is love no matter who it's between. I find it quite odd how a state like Iowa approves of gay marriage, but yet much bigger, less "bible thumping" (excuse my term but that's the best I can think of) can't get over that it's just two people who love each other.

On a different note, I'm so sick of making websites.. 5 websites in 5 weeks with 5 weeks left to go is killing me. I'm glad I never really plan on making websites as my career.

This makes me so angry! There was a time that I was against gay rights because my mind was clouded by the views of a church that could do no wrong. Well let's just say we got kicked out said church, and I finally took a look at how hypocritical and deluded they were. And let me tell you there was no changing there minds. I have finally found a church who knows the real meaning of love and all I can say is LEGALIZE GAY!!! I can say I am not surprised by this vote after coming from a church like that, like I said there is no changing their minds because to them they are not wrong! It's sick! I am sorry to anyone I looked down upon who is gay while I was at the church! I love everyone all the same now and couldn't be happier! Sorry for the rant I just have strong feelings towards it.
The funny thing is, a LOT of stuff Bible thumpers get angry about aren't technically mentioned in the Bible- abortion, gay marriage, etc. There are CONCEPTS mentioned in the Bible (such as how life is sacred to God, and he should be the one to terminate it or bring it to life), but none of those things are ever explicitly mentioned. I LOVE how most of these things are passed filled with such hatred, the exact OPPOSITE of God's teachings- Love your neighbor as yourself? Him without sin cast the first stone? All who draw by the sword die by the sword?

And for the love of all things, America: Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto GOD What is GOD'S- aka keep your religion out of your government, crazies.

When it comes down to amendment one it isnt just about gay rights. Yes it is defining marriage between one man and a woman, but in doing this they are taking rights away from not only gay couples but also unmarried couples and single parents. I can not believe this was even passed, not only does it take away rights it also lessens the laws of domestic violence for unmarried couples.

As my friend whom is a loving mother and a loving wife said: This is only a minor set back and we will prevail in the fight for equal rights!

Love conquers all.

Our government is so corrupt, it's truly ridiculous. We, the US, one of the world's powerhouse of almost EVERYTHING, it's a shame we cant get our act together for these men and woman. It's not only about the marriage aspect, its also about the rest of the rights that come with it. Adoption, hospital visitations, housing, etc. This shouldn't be a religious vote. It's a political vote. It's about the government and it's people. Not the government and it's "religion". Fun fact btw, guess what the national religion of the US is? Trick question. There is no official religion for the US, it'd be unconstitutional. Therefore, why is it that the church and it's followers have a say at all in this. If they want a say in this, it should come from a political point of view, not the "view of God". Just because the country legalizes gay marriage and all the "benefits" that go with it, doesn't mean the church has to recognize them all or participate in all of them. The government isn't going to mandate the church to wed same sex couples if they don't believe in it. Our country stands on religious freedom, which means the government has no say in how you conduct your religion (unless, ya know, you're sacrificing virgins and smearing blood on all over your body). Again, I can't believe how corrupt our government really is at times. I could go on and on and on about what's wrong with it and with religion in general as well. I hope before I die, I get to see everyone (and I do mean everyone) get equal rights in everything if they are a US citizen.

The funny thing is, a LOT of stuff Bible thumpers get angry about aren't technically mentioned in the Bible- abortion, gay marriage, etc. There are CONCEPTS mentioned in the Bible (such as how life is sacred to God, and he should be the one to terminate it or bring it to life), but none of those things are ever explicitly mentioned. I LOVE how most of these things are passed filled with such hatred, the exact OPPOSITE of God's teachings- Love your neighbor as yourself? Him without sin cast the first stone? All who draw by the sword die by the sword?

And for the love of all things, America: Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto GOD What is GOD'S- aka keep your religion out of your government, crazies.
I know I actually looked up the verses about homosexuality and there were four none of them saying it was wrong. I think it's funny how in the bible it talks about how slaves should obey their masters but we don't seem to think we should all have slaves anymore. I don't want it to be religious cause I do go to church at a church that is very modern now. They are excepting of everyone and teach things in a modern way. They take the verses and apply them to modern times. You can have religion the right way but it's hard to find many churches like it.

I SEE YOU OBAMA!! *does a happy dance* I have many a gay friend (although I'm straight) and all I want is for them to have the same rights that so many people take for granted- access to your love ones, information about their care, making sure their wishes are protected, marriage, free expression of love, adoption, etc.

Back