All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rehashing this thread because I went on a Cheer Extreme binge last night and watched SSX, SE, CE from 2010-2015.. I was up until midnight..
I had a random thought and Ive actually always been curous about it but never thought to ask until my binge last night.

When some stunt groups cradle from any type of stunt, some flyers are seen doing a "T" motion in their cradle instead of catching their bases shoulders to hold their weight.

What is the reasoning behind this? Is it effective? Is it just a "trend" they had for lack of better word?
@xtremeteal4life @mstealtoyou Maybe you ladie can help ?

Not who you tagged, but I did cheer at CEA Raleigh for one year in 08/09 and my team was told something along the lines that it looked better / all the flyers doing the same thing made it easier to catch... & IMO it doesn't really make a difference to me when I cheered and was a backspot...

I think I heard somewhere that they teach you to grab shins in gymnastics for safety reasons - if you underrotate/open out early/anything else and start to fall forwards, your hands are in a far better position to save your face than if they were stuck behind your legs.
My tumble coach tries to teach everyone to grab shins or knees for that reason, and when I grab under my knees I often fall on my face and get my hands stuck...But I'm just special haha

Rehashing this thread because I went on a Cheer Extreme binge last night and watched SSX, SE, CE from 2010-2015.. I was up until midnight..
I had a random thought and Ive actually always been curous about it but never thought to ask until my binge last night.

When some stunt groups cradle from any type of stunt, some flyers are seen doing a "T" motion in their cradle instead of catching their bases shoulders to hold their weight.

What is the reasoning behind this? Is it effective? Is it just a "trend" they had for lack of better word?
@xtremeteal4life @mstealtoyou Maybe you ladie can help ?

Hmmmm... I don't know why the discrepancies. Do they happen to change w/the dates(years)? When my CP used to cheer there they taught her how to cradle w/the T (she was a flyer). Keep in mind she was a Mini and level three was the highest she did before she decided it wasn't for her anymore. But the point is, that is how she was taught from the beginning.

Are the cradles all random from what you were seeing? Like even within the same routine some cradle differently coming out of stunts or what?

Can someone explain the trinity bus thing to me? I was just getting into cheer at the time so I barely missed the Trinity situation.

Trying to find somewhere to ask this question so sorry if this isn't the right place but how many boys makes a team coed? We added a boy to our team this week and I have heard conflicting information. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the age and level of the team. Basically only senior teams (and junior 5) are coed and even 1 boy makes them coed. Here's the USASF age grid that breaks it all down. http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Safety/docs/USASF_Cheer_Age-Grid_15-16.pdf

ETA: Oops, forgot to quote you, @cheermom02
Ok thanks so much. We are j5 so we will be coed now! That's exciting! Now I need to look up other large junior 5 coed teams.

Trying to find somewhere to ask this question so sorry if this isn't the right place but how many boys makes a team coed? We added a boy to our team this week and I have heard conflicting information. Thanks in advance for any help.

For all star?

For any level/age bracket that offers coed, 1 boy will make a team coed.
Yes it makes them coed but if I'm reading the grid correct for J4 and lower and younger there is no distinction of coed vs AG at competitions and they will still compete against an all girl team.

**No trolling without a permit. For a permit please inquire within**

Yes it makes them coed but if I'm reading the grid correct for J4 and lower and younger there is no distinction of coed vs AG at competitions and they will still compete against an all girl team.

**No trolling without a permit. For a permit please inquire within**

From what I have seen, the EP sometimes might still do a split of coed and AG for j4 and below but, those teams are not required to do the coed stunting that the "true" coed teams are required to do in j5 and s3-5.

I

Back