All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do you go about telling your current gym that you are leaving for a different gym?

Unless you have already done evaluations and been placed on a team there is no need to tell them. But if you really do feel the need a simple phone call to the manager/owner saying you would like to try a different program.

If still uncomfortable with that, then an email could suffice.

**AS Cheer is the The Hotel California of sports**

Unless you have already done evaluations and been placed on a team there is no need to tell them. But if you really do feel the need a simple phone call to the manager/owner saying you would like to try a different program.

If still uncomfortable with that, then an email could suffice.

Yes, unfortunately, I already did evals, been placed on a team and gone to the first practice. It is a smaller gym with only two coaches and I do not want to leave on bad terms. :(

Yes, unfortunately, I already did evals, been placed on a team and gone to the first practice. It is a smaller gym with only two coaches and I do not want to leave on bad terms. :(

Having already committed it may be a hard feeling departure on their end.

The best way is to be honest with them. Don't lie about why. Like I said, maybe an email will work best for you.

Just be upfront and honest. I would tell them ASAP. That way the can start finding an appropriate replacement.

Be honest. Thank them for the opportunity/what they've taught you and wish them well. If you've already been placed on a team, the reality is no matter how nice you are, they still may be hurt or upset. Try not to take it to heart. You never know when one day you could end up working with them again.

If you're an emotional or non-confrontational type of person, an e-mail would probably be best for you.

Coaches: do you guys have a cheer journal/notebook? I just started coaching and after my first practice I realized that I need to have everything/everyone written down so I know what I'm doing/where things are going.
So far I have stunt groups written down, goals for the stunt groups along with things that they need to work on, individual names w their tumbling skills listed, the practice layout (i.e. how long I want to spend on what), conditioning order, and other little things I need to remember like that.
What all do you guys keep in your notebooks? What else should I add? Today was my first night with the notebook and I feel like it helped soooooo much. I definitely want to keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaches: do you guys have a cheer journal/notebook? I just started coaching and after my first practice I realized that I need to have everything/everyone written down so I know what I'm doing/where things are going.
So far I have stunt groups written down, goals for the stunt groups along with things that they need to work on, individual names w their tumbling skills listed, the practice layout (i.e. how long I want to spend on what), conditioning order, and other little things I need to remember like that.
What all do you guys keep in your notebooks? What else should I add? Today was my first night with the notebook and I feel like it helped soooooo much. I definitely want to keep it up!

I recently started writing down all of my ideas for stunts, creative transitions, tumbling formations, things like that! That way when/if we need to tweak the routine to add difficulty or water down anything I have my hand dandy idea book to resort too! I have different sections as well for organization purposes. I have Stunts (includes loads and dismounts), Pyramid, Transitions, and then misc. Writing down complicated choreo seems to help the athletes more as well so that way every motion has a specific count to hit on. I would also include a cheer section (for high school of course) and write down words and ideas for stunts to see how it works with crowd participation! Id be more than happy to help with anything if you wanna pm me! Good luck!

We have a binder for each team! We keep USASF rules for that level in each binder, scoring grids/score sheets, level appropriate/elite skill charts, attendance sheet, goal sheets (kids individual goals and team goals), and then we have a tab for anything we need to take notes on. After choreography we'll add the 8 count sheet in for reference. And we have a pencil pouch (a 3 ring one that fits in the binder) to keep track of summer absence slips and pencils/pens/highlighters/sticky notes.

I recently started writing down all of my ideas for stunts, creative transitions, tumbling formations, things like that! That way when/if we need to tweak the routine to add difficulty or water down anything I have my hand dandy idea book to resort too! I have different sections as well for organization purposes. I have Stunts (includes loads and dismounts), Pyramid, Transitions, and then misc. Writing down complicated choreo seems to help the athletes more as well so that way every motion has a specific count to hit on. I would also include a cheer section (for high school of course) and write down words and ideas for stunts to see how it works with crowd participation! Id be more than happy to help with anything if you wanna pm me! Good luck!

We have a binder for each team! We keep USASF rules for that level in each binder, scoring grids/score sheets, level appropriate/elite skill charts, attendance sheet, goal sheets (kids individual goals and team goals), and then we have a tab for anything we need to take notes on. After choreography we'll add the 8 count sheet in for reference. And we have a pencil pouch (a 3 ring one that fits in the binder) to keep track of summer absence slips and pencils/pens/highlighters/sticky notes.

Thanks guys!!! This really helped me out :) I will def take you up on the pm offer as soon as I have more questions- I'm sure there will be some!

Random question...probably off topic. Would a roundoff punchfront be legal on level 3? (basically to change direction of tumbling)

Great ideas in this one! I'm definitely revamping my binders! I wish there was a way to save or bookmark a post.
What all do you guys keep in your notebooks? What else should I add? Today was my first night with the notebook and I feel like it helped soooooo much. I definitely want to keep it up!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Others have mentioned great items, so I won't repeat. In addition I keep accident reports/forms. If we do some type of rotation I keep a list of which group has gone and which hasn't.

Not sure if you do school cheer or not, but my school binder looks different than the allstar. The school one also has bookkeeping forms, fundraiser forms, game schedules, etc. Emergency contact list. Physicals.

I've moved a lot of my stuff online. Online calendars, google drive documents and spreadsheets. Can be easier to keep up with and accessible by all coaches.

Great ideas in this one! I'm definitely revamping my binders! I wish there was a way to save or bookmark a post.

Others have mentioned great items, so I won't repeat. In addition I keep accident reports/forms. If we do some type of rotation I keep a list of which group has gone and which hasn't.

Not sure if you do school cheer or not, but my school binder looks different than the allstar. The school one also has bookkeeping forms, fundraiser forms, game schedules, etc. Emergency contact list. Physicals.

I've moved a lot of my stuff online. Online calendars, google drive documents and spreadsheets. Can be easier to keep up with and accessible by all coaches.

I have nothing to add to the content of this post but I just want you to know that I love your avatar.... ;0)

Back