All-Star Smokes Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

see my reply to justellingithowitis

I have no idea who this Patrick guy is (not being funny, just stating that I have no knowledge of him so my thoughts/opinions are unbiased)..I mean I obviously know what he does, lol..just not who he is.

What I was going to say is that Kesha did not need to be in his studio in order to do the voice overs. My father has been in the radio business for 35 years and many record execs have his number on speed dial (lol...some really do). Sure, there are plenty of times artists like T-Pain, Little Wayne, etc. come to the station and actually chat on air if they're in town for a concert. If they're in the station (well technically stations, as there are 7 of them under the same building that my father is the operations manager of as well as being the program director of one) as a result of the aforementioned situations, then they'll do voice overs and sound bytes for the station in house. However, that is not how most of them work. Have you guys ever heard the commercials (or technically intros) from numerous artists stating things like, "this is Keshsa and you're listening to Kiss Fm", "this is Little Wayne and you're listening to Planet Radio", etc? Often there are even numerous artists strewn into one intro even..."this is, celebrity one, celebrity two, celebrity three, etc". Those artists are NOT personally coming to all of these radio stations JUST to cut a sound byte. They have a list of them they usually do at one time. So let's use Kesha. She has a list of radio stations that she has to say, "this is Kesha and you're listening to the number one radio station in south florida", then radio station two's clip, then radio station 3's clip, etc. So she's not in every single studio (actually not even close to most) when she's making the sound bytes for the stations.

So I don't find it unrealistic that a well known producer/mixer knows a few people in high places to get someone like Kesha to do a few voice overs for him while she's doing her other 30 of the day for radio stations. 30 is just a random number I threw out btw....

So while I don't know if it's true or not bc I don't know this guy, haven't heard the mix, etc. I do know that it's ENTIRELY possible and that it does not require an artist to be in house. The producer is responsible for getting the sound bytes and voice overs clipped in the music where he/she wants them. So there doesn't need to be (and most often won't be) visual "proof". He might not have even met Kesha, but she did his voice overs. Does that make sense?

Never said this wasn't the case. Great that your father has the connects like that lol. Bravo for him lol. However you definitely need to go back and read the posts that Patrick put up first... He said he met her and recorded in his studio...

I am very interested if it is Kesha as well, however, there is already a topic on "Kesha Voiceovers" under Cheerleading Music... Lets keep this positive and about what we like/dislike about Smoke's Music :)

I LOVE IT!!

Ok, to confirm everything I just asked and it is definitely Smokes music.

I thought I would agree but after reading this thread,i'm not so sure. I listened to it and it is incredible, it gets :rays::rays: up from me, but are you sure its Smokes music? I actually heard from the president of at least 2 record labels who say that some of the artist in the mix really isn't those artist at all, they are famous impersonators that were on the Maury show!!
Just kidding- I wished these threads that display a gyms music wouldn't turn into who it is or isn't. I don't remember on any score sheet where a deduction is made on who is or isn't voicing over a mix, or is that something new?? For the record I know a lot of cheerleaders and others (me) in the cheerleading community is going to be playing, liking and listening to Smokes music!!:)

Well if it isn't Ke$ha, then whoever it is should go to Vegas and be a one-woman Ke$ha cover band. I'm just gonna go ahead and believe it's Ke$ha because:

1. I don't like to think Patrick would lie to the masses about that (esp. considering that could probably get him in trouble w/ both his clients AND Ke$ha)
2. It sounds close enough to be her
3. If it's not her, I don't end up being any worse for the wear
3. It's more fun that way :p

(Also, every time I type Ke$ha, I hear "K-E-DOLLARSIGN-HA" in my head.)

Anyway, amazing as usual. Southern Smoke <3

I thought I would agree but after reading this thread,i'm not so sure. I listened to it and it is incredible, it gets :rays::rays: up from me, but are you sure its Smokes music? I actually heard from the president of at least 2 record labels who say that some of the artist in the mix really isn't those artist at all, they are famous impersonators that were on the Maury show!!
Just kidding- I wished these threads that display a gyms music wouldn't turn into who it is or isn't. I don't remember on any score sheet where a deduction is made on who is or isn't voicing over a mix, or is that something new?? For the record I know a lot of cheerleaders and others (me) in the cheerleading community is going to be playing, liking and listening to Smokes music!!:)

Absolutely correct..who cares if it is Kesha or not. IMO-The point of the thread is Smokes music, not what artist actually did the voiceover. Start another thread if Kesha is the subject. Whew..it's so annoying when people get so side tracked.

Back