All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it's based on percent perfection, shouldn't it be the same as any other level 4 team? I know some EP's haven't been upfront with how they are decided though. And if they are just awarding them to grand champs, then 4.2 wouldn't be eligible at all really - cause what level grand champs do 4.2 get lumped in with?
4.2 is eligible for the level 4 Grand

It is difficult for 4.2 to get bids, but I've seen it happen. All That Sensations sm 4.2 just received an at large bid yesterday at Spirit Fest. They posted a high score, and I believe were in the running for a paid.

4.2 is eligible for the level 4 Grand

It is difficult for 4.2 to get bids, but I've seen it happen. All That Sensations sm 4.2 just received an at large bid yesterday at Spirit Fest. They posted a high score, and I believe were in the running for a paid.

Oh gotcha. I didn't realize 4.2 was in with level 4 for grand champs.

Oh gotcha. I didn't realize 4.2 was in with level 4 for grand champs.
Yep, in with level 4s. Like @njcoach (I have no idea why my tagging isn't working) it's definitely possible for 4.2s to get a bid. It's just proven difficult because in looking over the scoresheets I've noticed they are nearly always outscored by level 4s. Similar to how restricted 5's are grouped with "true" level 5s for grand, but they don't have to outscore the Worlds teams since they don't go to the Summit.

Yep, in with level 4s. Like @njcoach (I have no idea why my tagging isn't working) it's definitely possible for 4.2s to get a bid. It's just proven difficult because in looking over the scoresheets I've noticed they are nearly always outscored by level 4s. Similar to how restricted 5's are grouped with "true" level 5s for grand, but they don't have to outscore the Worlds teams since they don't go to the Summit.

Add to fact it's judges choice. A team that consistently hits 0 and scores 96.9 and then scores a 96.3 and 96.4 again with zeros. Poor girls. It's disheartening sometimes

Add to fact it's judges choice. A team that consistently hits 0 and scores 96.9 and then scores a 96.3 and 96.4 again with zeros. Poor girls. It's disheartening sometimes
It's definitely tough. Consistently doing what's asked of them week in and week out and leaving with a feeling of not really knowing what else could be done. But, I'm sure there's many teams that feel this way. Hoping it all works out for them!

Still looking for a Spirit Sports bid declaration, if anyone's seen it. Their website is all out of whack.

Last edited:
There's also just so few bids! At our competitions, only 5% or fewer teams will get one at the comps we attend. Even if they're split evenly between levels, you could lose out so easily if teams in your level perform at a high percent of perfection. I'm sure many teams score higher than teams who end up with bids. If bids are given out to only the highest scores of the competition youth 1 teams may never get a chance.

I know you can't compare scores across competitions but all our teams that have received bid either was a 97, I think only one of our teams received a bid with a 96 and that was y1 from NCA.. And that was a very good level 1 score so lol

Paid
Large coed r5 -97.64 (highest of the comp)
Large j3 - 97.99 (highest of the comp)
Small y2 - 97.48 (second highest of the comp)

At large
Large s4- 97.33 (highest level 4)
Small j2- 97.16 (second highest level 2 - the highest level 2 was our other level 2 that got the paid bid at this same comp)
Small y1- 96.78 (first at large for level 1 so second highest of eligible level 1s that didn't have bids at NCA)
Small s3- 97.25 (highest level 3)

I have not noticed them going to teams with lesser scores. It has always followed the declaration to a T.
Paids in all of our cases were to the highest or the second highest of the whole comp

At larges have had to win their level except the NCA one where there were multiple per level.

Every declaration has varied slightly but I genuinely think most comps try to hand them out as fair as possible.

We still have another bid comp on our schedule and they usually give away money. We can't do anything with their bids because it's several at large bids and everyone has a bid but we are going for the money.
I've heard of a couple 4.2 bids this season but I haven't noticed the scoring varying from level 4.2 to 4s either so I'm wondering if it's hard because the divisions are never very big? I feel like when your the only team in your division or maybe only against one other whether you are great or not that your score isn't as high and I noticed when you are in a stacked division with a lot of other good teams the closeness and stiffness in the stacked divisions seems to drive the scores up. (Not sure if it makes sense what I'm trying to say)

For instance last year at a comp we were at all the bids for a certain level were all given to one division of small junior 3
This year I have seen the same comp change their declaration saying you have to win your division to be eligible so it keeps the bids from going to those 2nd place teams even if they have the second highest score. I know that sucks but I think it helps spread them out. One of my coach friends was second to our y2 and their score was close behind and he was bummed his youth 2 had to beat ours to get a bid when they outscored the other level 2s And ours already had a bid so I understood his side as well. I know it's hard to please everyone..

I do wish there was one standard format to the declaration no matter how many bids are awarded
This is what I would propose:
Must win 1st to be eligible for a bid at all

Paids: go to highest scores in order regardless of level.

At larges goes to next highest eligible champions regardless of level.

Because they have to win the division you aren't going to be awarding bids within the same division so I think that splits them enough while still being fair.

(Then again it's never fair because different judging panels score different and so on but I think it's the easiest way I could make it fair)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you can't compare scores across competitions but all our teams that have received bid either was a 97, I think only one of our teams received a bid with a 96 and that was y1 from NCA.. And that was a very good level 1 score so lol

Paid
Large coed r5 -97.64 (highest of the comp)
Large j3 - 97.99 (highest of the comp)
Small y2 - 97.48 (second highest of the comp)

At large
Large s4- 97.33 (highest level 4)
Small j2- 97.16 (second highest level 2 - the highest level 2 was our other level 2 that got the paid bid at this same comp)
Small y1- 96.78 (first at large for level 1 so second highest of eligible level 1s that didn't have bids at NCA)
Small s3- 97.25 (highest level 3)

I have not noticed them going to teams with lesser scores. It has always followed the declaration to a T.
Paids in all of our cases were to the highest or the second highest of the whole comp

At larges have had to win their level except the NCA one where there were multiple per level.

Every declaration has varied slightly but I genuinely think most comps try to hand them out as fair as possible.

We still have another bid comp on our schedule and they usually give away money. We can't do anything with their bids because it's several at large bids and everyone has a bid but we are going for the money.
I've heard of a couple 4.2 bids this season but I haven't noticed the scoring varying from level 4.2 to 4s either so I'm wondering if it's hard because the divisions are never very big? I feel like when your the only team in your division or maybe only against one other whether you are great or not that your score isn't as high and I noticed when you are in a stacked division with a lot of other good teams the closeness and stiffness in the stacked divisions seems to drive the scores up. (Not sure if it makes sense what I'm trying to say)

For instance last year at a comp we were at all the bids for a certain level were all given to one division of small junior 3
This year I have seen the same comp change their declaration saying you have to win your division to be eligible so it keeps the bids from going to those 2nd place teams even if they have the second highest score. I know that sucks but I think it helps spread them out. One of my coach friends was second to our y2 and their score was close behind and he was bummed his youth 2 had to beat ours to get a bid when they outscored the other level 2s And ours already had a bid so I understood his side as well. I know it's hard to please everyone..

I do wish there was one standard format to the declaration no matter how many bids are awarded
This is what I would propose:
Must win 1st to be eligible for a bid at all

Paids: go to highest scores in order regardless of level.

At larges goes to next highest eligible champions regardless of level.

Because they have to win the division you aren't going to be awarding bids within the same division so I think that splits them enough while still being fair.

(Then again it's never fair because different judging panels score different and so on but I think it's the easiest way I could make it fair)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen a few teams get bids under 97. Not common, but I've seen it. A couple of them being restricted 5s and junior 5s, oddly enough.

I know exactly what you're saying about scoring and that makes sense. There's been a minimum of four in each division at the competitions they've won. I'm thinking that could be a part of it, and also it being just a somewhat overlooked division. There are zero paids in any of the four division splits going. I think it's just a tough division to score super high in. (not saying it can't be done, of course)

I prefer that scoring as well as opposed to reserving a bid for each level. Jury is still out for me on 2nd place teams getting a bid. I understand why it happens but it's still a tough pill to swallow for other division winners. I would love to see a standard declaration as well, but not holding my breath, haha.

Last edited:
I agree with the 4.2 bid situation it's been very hard for my team to get a bid, I'm just happy we finally got one
Congrats! I am not surprised to find out other teams are running in to this issue. My sister's team has one more bid competition so we'll see what happens.

So the Wild Card bid events are over now, so what happens to teams with a WC with no one in their division? Do they still compete on friday? (Large Senior 4.2, Small Senior Coed 4.2, Large Junior Coed 5, Small R5, Large R5)

Our large junior 1 also has an at large now. So going into PacWest this weekend we have:

With bids:
Large Youth 2
Large Youth 5
Large Junior 1
Large Junior 3

Without bids:
Small Senior 3 (my team)
Large (Coed) 4.2 (also my team)
Large Junior 2
Large (I think they're large) Senior 4
Large Junior 5
Large Senior 1(Didn't accept their wc)

Plus our Tiny & mini 1 teams
Your Large J2 doesn't have a WC bid???

Our 4.2 Team CC Champs Power has a Wildcard Bid but, they are the only Large Senior 4.2 team with a WC.
Will they let them perform on Friday and automatically move on to Saturday? That seems like the only fair thing to do. I think it would be a great scenario...you could practice on the stage, get jitters out, then compete for real on Saturday.

Back