All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Team from Germany (FTG Bullets) had only 12 boys, too. And there was definitely a "language barrier" as you call it. I'll ask them from where they knew that they were only allowed 12 boys and post the reply here.

And by the way: there are different rules to get a bid. In Germany you could technically get a bid with 23 boys and 1 girl on the floor....

This year that was the same as the US. I won a bid with 13 boys because there was no limit. So we were ALL playing by the same rules.

Maybe if this was addressed before finals we could have spared a lot of drama.

One year my daughters team won 3 national championships with an illegal pyramid. It wasn't intentionally illegal, and when the error was pointed out it was corrected. The comp companies didn't ask for their jackets back or change the results.

I guess I'm saying, if you notice a problem and are in a position to say something you should say it before it's too late.

She's friends with an admin who can make things happen.

I have to say I am actually quite pleased to hear people's reactions. Why? It sounds like we all WANT the rules to be enforced more than a team we love just winning. I hate it for Bangkok that they didn't know the 12 boy rule... But I want them to win legit. To me they now have an asterisk.

I've got so many things I could say but the first thing is this... BANGKOK IS THE BEST PYRAMID BUILDING TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE WORLD!!! What they do with their kids is amazing!

In my opinion what happened is you had the crowd favorite in Bangkok put on an amazing performance but the USASF/IASF had no precedent for how to handle a team being good enough to win/tie/beat a US team in this division or any division for that matter so they didn't know how to handle it, or they've never had to worry about it before until now...

Again I'd like to state for the record the entire performance by Bangkok was AMAZING!!! But look closer at what they did... Think about their stunts, baskets, jumps, tumbling... Everything BUT their AMAZING pyramids. And in NO WAY am I trying to say GT's pyramids equaled Bangkoks b/c they certainly did NOT but in every other category GT was or should have been WAY ahead of Bangkok.

Getting back to my previous point the USASF/IASF was blind-sided by an international team being good enough to be in the picture of winning but realized they did it by not following the rules. Lets all be honest had GT been announced as the winner and Bangkok as 2nd the HP Fieldhouse would have erupted with booo's.

And to your point Kingston I think the Asterisk you're looking for is with GT being listed as a tie winner...

I've got so many things I could say but the first thing is this... BANGKOK IS THE BEST PYRAMID BUILDING TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE WORLD!!! What they do with their kids is amazing!

In my opinion what happened is you had the crowd favorite in Bangkok put on an amazing performance but the USASF/IASF had no precedent for how to handle a team being good enough to win/tie/beat a US team in this division or any division for that matter so they didn't know how to handle it, or they've never had to worry about it before until now...

Again I'd like to state for the record the entire performance by Bangkok was AMAZING!!! But look closer at what they did... Think about their stunts, baskets, jumps, tumbling... Everything BUT their AMAZING pyramids. And in NO WAY am I trying to say GT's pyramids equaled Bangkoks b/c they certainly did NOT but in every other category GT was or should have been WAY ahead of Bangkok.

Getting back to my previous point the USASF/IASF was blind-sided by an international team being good enough to be in the picture of winning but realized they did it by not following the rules. Lets all be honest had GT been announced as the winner and Bangkok as 2nd the HP Fieldhouse would have erupted with booo's.

And to your point Kingston I think the Asterisk you're looking for is with GT being listed as a tie winner...

I think GT won. I don't think if Bangkok had 12 boys they would have tied. Their pyramids were better this year over last time because they had more people to make them with. Baskets are easier with more boys and stunts are easier if each one has a boy sidespot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I agree with you I'm just saying for "this year" I think the USASF got their hand caught in the cookie jar so to speak and they came to the only conclusion they could to make it work for the fans...

I agree with you I'm just saying for "this year" I think the USASF got their hand caught in the cookie jar so to speak and they came to the only conclusion they could to make it work for the fans...

Its not about fans. Otherwise 'Cali' would have won small senior. And its hard for me to feel sorry sending emails about this multiple years in a row and other countries knowing the rules.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I learned this year that rules are not really rules during a comp this season (at an bid awarding comp, a video was reviewed by USASF during the comp and a stunt sequence determined illegal for the level and still no deduction given), and I think that is definitely a problem that USASF needs to address, and here is another classic example. Bangkok should either have a deduction or a DQ (and in my opinion, a DQ since they had ineligible athletes on the mat - no different than having a 22 year old on a senior team). I will feel horrible for Bangkok if their title is taken away, because I don't think it was an intentional disregard of the rules, but if the rule is there, it needs to be upheld - not just at Worlds, but at any event sanctioned by the USASF, and it is a clear disadvantage towards every other team in that division that followed the rules.

I disagree with you there. I don't think GTs baskets, dance, jumps, were all THAT much better than Bangkok, and certainly not "way ahead". I also believe Bangkok was cleaner which plays a part.

Nothing against GT at all. They were awesome. I just think Bangkok is closing in on them in all areas (and better in some areas) of the new international scoresheet.

Not if they were announced as the World Champion and then told the crowd they screwed up and didn't catch the 14/15 boys on the floor the 1st OR 2nd time they competed. I mentioned before that I was disappointed when I saw the tie, I thought it woulda been cool for Bangkok to win and I don't think GT woulda had a prob with it, (at least not the GT people on the team I spoke to). But now knowing this, I am even more annoyed at the USASF for not catching it, in warm ups, during Nations Cup (which Bangkok won as well/standing ovation), warm ups during finals or their final performance. NOW AFTER the fact they didn't just have 1 guy they had more than that. Also this is not Bangkok's first year at worlds so language barrier is out the window. Bangkok was WRONG and so was the USASF for allowing them to WIN the Nations Cup AND the World Title.

So, does this mean I can put 20 boys on my medium coed team next year and not get deducted. I mean we can do some pretty sick stuff with 20 boys and 10 girls.

Wow. Thank you for pointing this out, I had no idea you could only have 12 boys on the mat. Regardless of the language barrier, they should have known the rules. And rules are rules. It's a sticky situation, but in my opinion, GT should be the one and only winner.

**Bangkok was absolutely AMAZING! My jaw was on the ground while I watched, so don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them.

i dont think bangkok purposefully broke the rules. im sure there was some sort of miscommunication somewhere. i say, give em break and lets all play fair next year, bc whats done in 2011 is done.

I guess I'm confused, on the USASF website for USASF Level 6 Co-ed is says 1 or more males 5-24 members.

I guess I'm confused, on the USASF website for USASF Level 6 Co-ed is says 1 or more males 5-24 members.

Correct. That is for Worlds qualifying. But in the Worlds packet (which we all sign) it says you are limited to 12 boys when competing. This is the thing I have pointed out multiple years in multiple emails to people.

Back