All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i dont think bangkok purposefully broke the rules. im sure there was some sort of miscommunication somewhere. i say, give em break and lets all play fair next year, bc whats done in 2011 is done.

And that was kinda the point of the discussion. Does a team not knowingly breaking a rule get a pass? And do they get it because they did so amazing?

How could you say give em a break... Really! There has been way to many Give em a break in this industry! The olympics do not give breaks why should the Allstar Industry?

The Olympics goes back and takes away medals.

How could you say give em a break... Really! There has been way to many Give em a break in this industry! The olympics do not give breaks why should the Allstar Industry?

im not referring to giving them a break, like screw the rules heres your rings, im saying give them a break like "i dont think bangkok purposefully broke the rules. im sure there was some sort of miscommunication somewhere"

im not referring to giving them a break, like screw the rules heres your rings, im saying give them a break like "i dont think bangkok purposefully broke the rules. im sure there was some sort of miscommunication somewhere"

But why give them a break? Kingston has said several times on here that he has emailed the USASF/IASF the past two summers about this exact issue. This issue should have been addressed by them. And the fact that these teams SIGNED a worlds packet and then broke the "contract" they signed....whether purposely or not...they STILL broke the rules! I am not sure how it's ok! Just because I don't see the speed limit sign doesn't mean I should not get a ticket for speeding if I was speeding. It is the law/rule. Period. It pains me that Bangkok would lose their title, but rules are rules. You cannot overlook rules at WORLDS just because.

But why give them a break? Kingston has said several times on here that he has emailed the USASF/IASF the past two summers about this exact issue. This issue should have been addressed by them. And the fact that these teams SIGNED a worlds packet and then broke the "contract" they signed....whether purposely or not...they STILL broke the rules! I am not sure how it's ok! Just because I don't see the speed limit sign doesn't mean I should not get a ticket for speeding if I was speeding. It is the law/rule. Period. It pains me that Bangkok would lose their title, but rules are rules. You cannot overlook rules at WORLDS just because.

why is this just now being addressed? why wasnt this decision or this rule brought to light during judging? (not saying this with an attitude i really am curious.)

Are we sure Bangkok was able to accurately translate the rules? When the rules of this sport differ based on what rules packet you read, there are bound to be miscommunications and errors. Why can you compete with more than 12 boys during the year, but not at Worlds? Huh? Why make the rules suddenly change?

And who is in charge of going over the rosters submitted for Worlds? The number of females and males should be clearly indicated on every team list, and if a discrepancy was noticed, a team like Thailand should have been notified before they even WENT to Worlds. And if it wasn't caught then, it should have at least been noticed during the competition. It's a huge shame when something as glaring as number of females and males on the floor is carelessly glanced over.

Correct. That is for Worlds qualifying. But in the Worlds packet (which we all sign) it says you are limited to 12 boys when competing. This is the thing I have pointed out multiple years in multiple emails to people.

Maybe it's just me but if I'm signing something then I feel I would be responsible for understanding what I am signing no matter what language it is in...so this language barrier thing is kind of a cop out!

Rules are rules and everyone should have to follow them PERIOD...

And I still don't see how their tumbling score wasn't low enough to affect their total score. Tumbling is 10% of their score and they were throwing Level 2 tumbling, how did that not lower their score a bit? I mean tumbling alone KILLED Cali's chances in SS. Why do we expect so much more out of the US teams? Shouldn't everyone be judged equally just as they are in other sports? Just sayin...

If GymTyme had 13 boys on the floor what would have been done?

well thats why i asked earlier, why wasnt this rule brought to light during judging? why is this just now being discussed? ( and again i dont want ppl to think that im asking this question with attitude. im sorta confused by this)

Rules are rules and everyone should have to follow them PERIOD...

And I still don't see how their tumbling score wasn't low enough to affect their total score. Tumbling is 10% of their score and they were throwing Level 2 tumbling, how did that not lower their score a bit? I mean tumbling alone KILLED Cali's chances in SS. Why do we expect so much more out of the US teams? Shouldn't everyone be judged equally just as they are in other sports? Just sayin...
When did they throw level 2 tumbling? I saw fulls, jumps to back, etc.

It seems it has been brought to light many times....even PRIOR to this instance. There has just been no action taken. At least that is what I am getting from this all...

Why am I the guy to notice these things? I walked into the warmup room and saw Tai Pei and Finland and instantly went: They have no idea. Then I saw Bangkok and counted. Just frustrating.

Back