All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm assuming it's tied into religion since it's T&S, but I agree, not loving it.

That was also my assumption, along with the jungle-y looking background I'd say that's where they got it from... But why does it have to be "Lady" Eve? Eve was a woman, we know. It also just doesn't flow nicely.

Or maybe I'm just over the entire trend of putting "lady" in front of every team name. Cheer is 98% female, as it is.

That was also my assumption, along with the jungle-y looking background I'd say that's where they got it from... But why does it have to be "Lady" Eve? Eve was a woman, we know. It also just doesn't flow nicely.

Or maybe I'm just over the entire trend of putting "lady" in front of every team name. Cheer is 98% female, as it is.
lady eve must be the name for the medium senior team im guessing. Im not loving the name though.
twist and shout only has diamonds and obsession as world teams, correct. i can only imagine how hard it is to come up with something original to try and avoid using another gyms team name. Not that i see anything wrong with using a team name from another gym but yeah after awhile you start to run out of ideas.

lady eve must be the name for the medium senior team im guessing. Im not loving the name though.
twist and shout only has diamonds and obsession as world teams, correct. i can only imagine how hard it is to come up with something original to try and avoid using another gyms team name. Not that i see anything wrong with using a team name from another gym but yeah after awhile you start to run out of ideas.

It says "obsession and diamonds welcome lady eve" so I don't think that's the case. It reads like they will have 3 worlds teams and obsession will just not be coed anymore. Of course, I could be wrong.

It says "obsession and diamonds welcome lady eve" so I don't think that's the case. It reads like they will have 3 worlds teams and obsession will just not be coed anymore. Of course, I could be wrong.
why would obsession no longer be medium coed though.

In college admissions/the counseling world, we teach kids to have some Match Schools, Reach Schools, and Safe Schools.

Your Match Schools fit you well. Your Reach Schools are ones that would be a challenge for you to get into, but are worth trying, and your Safeties are those that you can comfortably say you'll get into with no problem.

It's not a bad idea to have a Match Team/Level, a Reach, and a Safety in your head.

For example, if you have ALL Level 2 skills, Junior 2 may be your Match.

Safety may be another year on Youth 1.

Reach may be Junior 3.

Better than thinking you HAVE to be J3 this year while hoping to "get lucky" and hit what you need for Junior 3 when you're 50/50 on most Level 3 tumbling.

Last edited:
LOL... is that a reference to Summer's Eve?
Is "fresh" better than "clean"? I was trying to at least put it in cheer terms. Again... sorry sorry sorry sorry but that's where my mind went when I heard the name. It's been a long week already-

BTW... my grandmother smoked "Eve" cigarettes. So cigarettes came to mind too.

Last edited:
The first thing I thought of was Eve as in Adam and Eve and the story in the garden, and Eve's punishment, there was a murder in there and then my mind went all biblical and then it reminded me that I need to go back to church... I hope they change that name.

ICE Aurora
GymTyme IL
CEA Chicago

We had an off season this season and going to let the girl pick which gym she feels most at home with. She has solid level 4 skills and since she's finally 10 she can be on a Senior team, so we shall see! Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back