All-Star 19 Year Old Gym Owner Needs Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

just_kay_today

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Dear Board friends:

Hallie Carter is a friend and college student whom, with the help of her mom, decided to open a small gym, in NC called Cheer Elite All-stars. Here is a note I received from her recently:

Hey everyone! If you are receiving this message, you have contributed to my current success in some way. It may have been through time, money, prayer, kind words, or another form of support that has ultimately motivated me to pursue my dreams. As I'm sure all of you know, I run a program called Cheer Elite All-Stars. Over the past few years I have literally put my blood, sweat, tears, and heart into this program. I have reached a place where I cannot run this self-ran business by myself any longer. I am reaching out to you all because I need some help reaching my goals. I just ask that you would please visit and share the link below to find out more about what I am working towards. I am truly thankful for all of you and I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for your support.

Support Cheer Elite! by Hallie Carter - GoFundMe

I am asking you to do the same. Please visit the link, and if you are moved to help in any way, please do so. I have brought this to you because:
  1. I would do anything for a friend
  2. I like to see hard working young people succeed
  3. I know the power of the Boards to change things for the better!
You have done great things in the past! Hallie has done great things so far, and I know you can help her to continue. You can visit her website at: Cheer Elite All Stars | Cheer Elite All Stars

Instead of asking for random donations which is only a bandaid approach have they considered finding a business savvy investor that can take cars of the financials?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.
Well I'm kind of confused bc the website says it's a division of DalianaDance.com, which looks like a pretty solid business itself (at least what I gather from the website)....Are they not a primary financial investor and if so, are they having financial difficulties as well?

Well I'm kind of confused bc the website says it's a division of DalianaDance.com, which looks like a pretty solid business itself (at least what I gather from the website)....Are they not a primary financial investor and if so, are they having financial difficulties as well?
I do not know the specifics but guessing if they are trying a fundme then all may not be well with that company and maybe they need a different business manager.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

Maybe you should suggest to her that she should apply for Abby lee Miller's studio makeover show. ALM seems to be circling the cheer world like a shark. Helping a fledgling gym (especially since she started her company at a young age just like Abby did) might benefit both.

Last edited:
I think you guys are forgetting something: She's 19 and trying to do this on her own. A bank is not going to lend her money. Daliana (her mom) allows her web space and floor space. Their parents and kids are doing fundraising as well. Everything the gym has done, from uniforms, USASF training, practice wear, skills training, competitions registration to you name it; she set up while she was in HS. But, she ran into a snag and her parents are not helping her, they're allowing her to work it out on her own.

Hallie used to cheer for CEA. I think hearing that CSP started the gym at 17 inspired her to do the same.

I think you guys are forgetting something: She's 19 and trying to do this on her own. A bank is not going to lend her money. Daliana (her mom) allows her web space and floor space. Their parents and kids are doing fundraising as well. Everything the gym has done, from uniforms, USASF training, practice wear, skills training, competitions registration to you name it; she set up while she was in HS. But, she ran into a snag and her parents are not helping her, they're allowing her to work it out on her own.

Hallie used to cheer for CEA. I think hearing that CSP started the gym at 17 inspired her to do the same.

All of those reasons are why I suggested what I did. Advice, money and publicity could come from it! I am not trying to be rude. I am trying to think outside the box since I doubt many are willing to blindly give money,especially via go fund me which was created for a completely different use.

She can make it into a successful business; but unfortunately, for most , there is no shortcut to doing it.

A bank might not lend her money, but sponsors or investors would. GoFundMe, as @Cheer Dad said, seems like a bandaid approach but cannot resolve anything long term. There are also many grant programs available for small business owners at the state and governments levels as well as through private corporations.

Or for an individual who is perfectly capable of getting a job/fundraising on their own voluntarily joins a Worlds team and then asks for handouts from people to get there.

Yeah that whole situation made me super bitter. I couldn't afford Worlds, so guess what? I DIDN'T GO.
We have the same problem in our gym, the "kids " sign up in August, they know we will probably go to Worlds, they do not fundraise a penny all year and then come march, "I don't know how I am going to pay for Worlds, can anyone help me?" Every year the same kids!(young adults)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So in the first post, it says she "is no longer able to run this self ran business" by herself. In the Go fund me thing, it says she wants a tumble track. Those are 2 COMPLETELY different things. Which is it?

If she just wants a table track, she needs to have those kids fundraise the same way all kids fundraise for a tumble track.

If she actually cannot make ends meet as a business, she needs an investor and an advisor. Otherwise, as @Cheer Dad said, how is she going to use the money? What is she going to do in 6 months when it's gone?

And here's my last unsolicited advice: she needs someone to proofread that go fund me thing. There are a lot of spelling and grammar errors, which I wouldn't care about from a 19 year old usually, but she's asking for money as a business owner. My expectations are higher for that.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back