All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is not Senior Elite specific, but that video made me actually think about it right now.. Are elbows together on the clap in jumps not stressed that much in gyms or is it actually taught to have them apart? I know sometimes girls can't put them together due to anatomical restrictions, but I think it looks so sloppy with elbows not together and I didn't know if people were taught to do it like that or it's just not stressed to NOT do that.

It was greatly stressed where I cheered and now I stress it to my kids. I noticed this quite a while back and discovered Spirit and Cheer Athletics both do elbows apart and clap sort of by their belly button for jumps. Strange, but I guess it works. Maybe they old school way?

This is not Senior Elite specific, but that video made me actually think about it right now.. Are elbows together on the clap in jumps not stressed that much in gyms or is it actually taught to have them apart? I know sometimes girls can't put them together due to anatomical restrictions, but I think it looks so sloppy with elbows not together and I didn't know if people were taught to do it like that or it's just not stressed to NOT do that.

I was taught to have elbows together clasping right in front of your face, I know some gyms do not teach this but I find it to be much cleaner looking.

it was not very much stressed at any of the gyms I've been to until this season where we changed many things as a way to keep our motions tight.

It's funny the "clap" is brought up in question, my co-coach and I have a joke about it, she always claps at her belly bc she cheered in college an had to with poms so anytime she demos a motion I always stand behind her and clap at my chin haha. I don't really care where it is as long as everyone on the team is doing it the same.

This post is going to be said once. If you ever feel like arguing with me about my opinions on something or my critiques about something, reference this post.
Not once, in the history of Fierceboard, have I claimed or implied that my critiques of skills comes from my ability to do them better. If you have felt like that reading my posts, it's about time you stop. Every single time an argument happens, it seems that this is the way the conversation goes; "Well you can't do it, so you have no right to comment on it." On the flipside, what I HAVE stated many times is that my opinions and critiques come from a gymnastics coaching background (the athletes I coached were no Nastia Liukin, but the coaching did involve level 4/5 cheer tumbling skills), and the past 5 years I have spent studying, not just watching, cheerleading routines, stunting videos, tumbling videos, etc., to better my own personal knowledge of the sport. I do not claim to be better than the athletes performing those skills. In my routine this year, tumbling wise, I compete jumps to back and that is it. Am I capable of better tumbling? Yes, but because of my own stupidity and fright, my body refuses to do the tumbling I know I can be capable of and have at one time thrown. Saying that you are going to watch me compete this year so you can criticize me in no way scares me. It in no way deters me from wanting to say things on Fierceboard. You now know what I'm throwing, feel free to criticize what I'm going to throw on the floor, just as I have done on this site and will continue to do because that is what this site is for.
How you get surprised when people attack you when you started the attack. You could have made the same point without being rude. Saying "I'd like to see those doubles with straighter legs and fully rotated" would have done the same thing as saying what you said. Critiquing is fine, being rude is not. I don't know you but your years of watching YouTube don't justify you to be rude. I personally know who I respect and who I don't when I see/hear critiques of my routines. I'm gonna go one step further, you seem to have made some valid points in posts I've read in the past, but being a rude person isn't going to gain you respect from people that REALLY know what they are doing.

I don't think a person has to be able to do a skill to teach a skill but it never hurts. I agree someone posting about watching you compete just to bash you is wrong but idk what you expected when you challenge an entire program.

If you would like to challenge myself, the program I'm associated with or our staff please PM me and I'll welcome you in with open arms!

Elbows being together is not correct or incorrect cheer technique, but more of a style/choreography preference. It has really started with all stars, because collegiate teams don't really stress that, unless they are choreographed by all star coaches.

...What's this Dubai thing? I'm assuming it's something for college and not the international location lol.

I'm pretty sure the international location. From Court's FB:

Not the kind of email
You get everyday :).

Subject: Event in Dubai 2012

Dear CEA,

We are an events company based in Dubai and are looking after the on-pitch entertainment for a large Dubai sporting event at the end of November, beginning of December.

We are interested in flying out around 12 of your Senior Elite troupe for the event. At the moment, we are looking to have the troupe over here from 24th November through to 2nd December.

Is this something that would be feasible to discuss further with you? If you let me know a good time to give you a call I will chat it through further with you over the phone. We are 8 hours ahead of you, so early morning your time would be preferable.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Chiara Dodd

Director

JAM PRODUCTIONZ FZ LLC

UAE Mob: +971 (0) 50 911 6841

UK Mob: +44 (0) 7818 061 621

[email protected]
www.jamproductionz.com

Dubai Rugby 7's+
All Expense Paid+
performing for 90,000 spectators from 20 countries+
Sponsorship Package = Opportunity of a Lifetime
548830_148341128641377_1761506124_n.jpg

That Dubai trip sounds like the TRIP OF A LIFETIME and and unbeatable experience!! Not to mention ALL EXPENSES PAID...I'm in! For so many people in America, the view point on some of the Middle Eastern countries is so bad because it's only formed from what is brodcast on the news. Having the chance to experience a new culture & one of the fastest developing cities (with the Burj Al Arab & The Palm Jumeriah) in the world and do the sport that you love -- Simply Amazing!

If only Jamfest could have offered this as a prize to the Majors!

Back