All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It was said a couple months ago that Varsity has stressed to its judges this year more than in years passed that more doesn't necessarily mean a higher score. If a team maxes out, they are capable of getting the same stunting score as a team that does 2x the amount they need to max out basically.
Oh I know but does that mean people on here still haven't said "SE hits the stunt scoresheet more than anyone else". Just adding a little proof :)

Ok, I'm just gonna put this out there...I am SURE CSP knows how she hits the scoresheet. And while their over use of stunts may not get them a higher score in the difficulty range of the scoresheet, no one could convince me it doesn't up their overall impression score, or their creativity score, or their choreography score. If the stunts they do look effortless and pleasing to the eye, they will get rewarded for it, I am sure of that.

Ok, I'm just gonna put this out there...I am SURE CSP knows how she hits the scoresheet. And while their over use of stunts may not get them a higher score in the difficulty range of the scoresheet, no one could convince me it doesn't up their overall impression score, or their creativity score, or their choreography score. If the stunts they do look effortless and pleasing to the eye, they will get rewarded for it, I am sure of that.
however, they dont look effortless.

however, they dont look effortless.

I wouldn't know. I haven't watched any of their videos. I just know when a squad stunts a lot, and makes it look easy, it's going to up their overall impression score, as well as their choreography and creativity scores as well. Typically SE makes stunting look easy. Obviously their mistakes are costing them, based on the 4.5 in deductions they had this past weekend, assuming some of that was from stunting...

The point I'm trying to make, and this goes for ANY team, is that regardless of whether you've "maxed out" your difficulty in a certain category, if doing MORE than what is necessary is impressive to the judges, it's helping your score, guaranteed.

I wouldn't know. I haven't watched any of their videos. I just know when a squad stunts a lot, and makes it look easy, it's going to up their overall impression score, as well as their choreography and creativity scores as well. Typically SE makes stunting look easy. Obviously their mistakes are costing them, based on the 4.5 in deductions they had this past weekend, assuming some of that was from stunting...

The point I'm trying to make, and this goes for ANY team, is that regardless of whether you've "maxed out" your difficulty in a certain category, if doing MORE than what is necessary is impressive to the judges, it's helping your score, guaranteed.

Unless it's true that it's been stressed for it to NOT help your score, that's kinda the point I tried to make. Early in the season there was a discussion about Varsity judges specifically being told that doing more than necessary does not mean a higher score. I love Senior Elite's routine, and if they can get those stunts back to where they were earlier in the season, more power to them for throwing them, but I just don't like this shift in mentality the cheerleading industry is going through where everyone thinks you need 18 tick tock variations, 12 full up variations, and 8 flipping dismount variations in order to win.

Unless it's true that it's been stressed for it to NOT help your score, that's kinda the point I tried to make. Early in the season there was a discussion about Varsity judges specifically being told that doing more than necessary does not mean a higher score. I love Senior Elite's routine, and if they can get those stunts back to where they were earlier in the season, more power to them for throwing them, but I just don't like this shift in mentality the cheerleading industry is going through where everyone thinks you need 18 tick tock variations, 12 full up variations, and 8 flipping dismount variations in order to win.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. Just like I believe the requirement for levels 1-4 to have almost every athlete do standing and running tumbling TWICE is ridiculous! But the point I was trying to make is that while the judges have been told not to give them any higher of a STUNT score, if the stunts are impressive, and it makes the routine fun to watch, inevitably, their overall impression, choreography and creativity scores WILL go up by default.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. Just like I believe the requirement for levels 1-4 to have almost every athlete do standing and running tumbling TWICE is ridiculous! But the point I was trying to make is that while the judges have been told not to give them any higher of a STUNT score, if the stunts are impressive, and it makes the routine fun to watch, inevitably, their overall impression, choreography and creativity scores WILL go up by default.
Not to mention that the end game is worlds, which is not on a grid. You are scored directly against other teams and what they do, not a piece of paper. If SE was going to struggle to get a bid, it might not have been the best plan, but that's obviously not the case, so it seems smart enough to me.

Per CU
2vj60pc.png

30hwrv5.png

Is that what you were looking for?
yes it is! Thanks!

Don't want to call anybody out but I ALWAYS notice this in Trinity's routine and it really annoys me for some reason! I don't like the way that the flyers grab their entire leg for a lib instead of the usual hands on knees... I think it looks really sloppy :|
Other than that Im loving all the improvements made in Trinity's routine!
4hrtpc.png

This type of post needs to be edited/deleted by the admins. Speak in general terms unless you directly know or coach the athlete; even so it's 100% not okay to call out/ freeze frame this girl and point out her flaws on the boards.

Back