College 2012 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone else just see Sam Houston's dance? The last two counts were the guys grabbing the girls, and slapping them twice across the face.... If ive ever seen a choreography deduction in my life, that was it. That was not ok.

Yeah I noticed it yesterday and was like :eek:
When I heard their music I was excited to see the dance to that song but they definitely didn't have a dance I was expecting.

NC State Large Coed: 3SF and major pyramid falls.

Seems that only a handful of teams have mastered performing on the Bandshell. I don't think that there has been a team to hit yet.

Austin Peay: 3SF, timing issue, 1 pyramid bobble.

Middle Tenn: 2SF, scary basket, nice pryamid.

The only 2 I wanted to know were these two. I have watched both of their routines come along all year since my daughter did cheer at the gym APSU goes to and tumbling at the other gym that MTSU goes too. So I have seen both routines 100s of times and have seen all the hard work both of these teams have put in. It sucks on the biggest day that these things must happen to them but just know every single team that went should be more then proud of the accomplishments they have made throughout the season and no matter what they should be proud of themselves.

Thanks for all the updates!!)

Lots of falls...and lots of them scary

USC Coed: 2SF, 1 major save, nice pyramid, 1TF

Yeah I don't think anyone has hit yet. It is amazing to see how many team can do their routine no problem in a regular setting but the Bandshell is difficult. The wind and setting itself is just so different. Hope more teams start hitting.

Ok, I'm just a parent. I have never been to college nationals. Why are so many teams having so many issues? Is it pressure? Is it that most teams don't compete but one or two times? I'm just confused. I think it would not be a great event as a spectator if the majority of teams don't hit consistently. I'm not meaning to insult anyone. I just would like to know why it seems that so many teams are having trouble..

Ok, I'm just a parent. I have never been to college nationals. Why are so many teams having so many issues? Is it pressure? Is it that most teams don't compete but one or two times? I'm just confused. I think it would not be a great event as a spectator if the majority of teams don't hit consistently. I'm not meaning to insult anyone. I just would like to know why it seems that so many teams are having trouble..

Probably a combination of pressure, being outside on the bandshell and honestly...competing skills they aren't ready for.

Many have an issue with nerves but it is also the setting, The Bandshell is right on the beach so you have the wind coming off the water and the sun beating down on you. Some teams (Louisville being one of them) do much better on the Bandshell then at the Ocean Center where prelims are. It really is a combo of many things.

Clemson Int. All girl placed 3rd

Back