All-Star 2012 Videos (the Wiki Has A Complete List So Far)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That brings up a question I have. (guess I should have sat in on more webinars held by the major companies but didn't have time).

I would assume that Coed teams need to have coed stunts proportional to the number of guys on the team, not the number of boys allowed in the division. If girls can make up for it in all girl stunting and tumbling, then it shouldn't matter.

Didn't Smoke medal at worlds with only 2 boys?

I see your point. And yes Smoke did medal a few years back with only 2 boys but the scoring was different right? There never used to be a need to do coed stunting in the large limited coed division with 4 boys. Or at the very least it wasn't' something that seemed to be a priority to the top programs (SOT, T&S, Stingrays) But I think now that there's 6 males allowed in medium coed and the score sheet calls for coed stunting so it's a little different. Especially considering most of the larger programs will indeed have the maximum of 6 males on the team.

Ooh Panthers. How you literally have me screaming with joy..ALL of CA's dances are lookin' fierce this year..

Random Thought- Someone commented on one post about how this was 'The year of the dance.' Maybe some realized how SE was down 5 whole points compared to others in the dance section on the Worlds sheet last year and didn't want to 'lose' because of something so subjective? Figure rock out in the dance so it doesn't come down to THAT?

I see your point. And yes Smoke did medal a few years back with only 2 boys but the scoring was different right? There never used to be a need to do coed stunting in the large limited coed division with 4 boys. Or at the very least it wasn't' something that seemed to be a priority to the top programs (SOT, T&S, Stingrays) But I think now that there's 6 males allowed in medium coed and the score sheet calls for coed stunting so it's a little different. Especially considering most of the larger programs will indeed have the maximum of 6 males on the team.
My question is more along the lines of this:

The following all have a section of toss libs.
Team A - 2 stunts based by boys in the air - 2 boys on the team
Team B - 6 stunts based by boys in the air - 6 boys on the team
Team C - 6 stunts based by 4 boys and 2 girls - 6 boys on the team
Team D - 8 stunts based by 6 boys and 2 girls - 6 boys on the team

With what I think the current score sheets allow for, all of the teams would get the same difficulty score. I would think it goes off of the number of boys on the team.

I agree 100%. I think many people automatically are concerned about the boys because it's coed division and the score sheets now call for more coed stunting. However I'm sure the girls will hold their own as well.

I have no doubt that the kids currently on Odyssey are enough to give any team hell in the medium coed division. I was just addressing one of the reasons people were questioning their division!!! But I agree that if the coed stunting requirement is only in relation to the amount of guys on the team then there really isn't anything to worry about!!! Do work Big O!!

My question is more along the lines of this:

The following all have a section of toss libs.
Team A - 2 stunts based by boys in the air - 2 boys on the team
Team B - 6 stunts based by boys in the air - 6 boys on the team
Team C - 6 stunts based by 4 boys and 2 girls - 6 boys on the team
Team D - 8 stunts based by 6 boys and 2 girls - 6 boys on the team

With what I think the current score sheets allow for, all of the teams would get the same difficulty score. I would think it goes off of the number of boys on the team.

You definitely are onto something here. However I think it's safe to say that even if what your thinking in regard to the stunt scoring is what happens the additional male athletes will not only aid in stunting but also strength in tumbling, basket tosses and pyramids as well. I think this to be true pyramid especially just given the fact that now that there are 30 athletes on the floor in medium the full use of all 6 male athletes on the floor can contribute to bigger transitions and more flyers in the air because there can single base which can free up more girls to do other things. Just thinking over here.

And not to throw the thread off topic, as we are known to do, but topxofxmyxgame I just wanted to say that CJA's mix is the deal again this year!!!

Thank you! I have no idea who this is or how you've heard it already lmao. But I appreciate the love none the less. :)

Now back to the 2012 videos! Sorry everyone lol.

Ooh Panthers. How you literally have me screaming with joy..ALL of CA's dances are lookin' fierce this year..

Random Thought- Someone commented on one post about how this was 'The year of the dance.' Maybe some realized how SE was down 5 whole points compared to others in the dance section on the Worlds sheet last year and didn't want to 'lose' because of something so subjective? Figure rock out in the dance so it doesn't come down to THAT?

I thought the same thing with the dance thing. The fact that SE was down so many points in their dance but the rest of the routine was so good may have made people pay more attention to the dance. I am not complaining though because I think the dance should be just as good as the rest of the routine.

Back