All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think we're forgetting Panthers have twice the running and standing tumbling, far more difficult "coed" stunting section, and still have a main stunt section that probably scores just as high as Senior Elite's (let's all realize again that 360 tick tocks do not equal an un touchable stunting score). Not to mention neither has an overly exceptional pyramid to put one above the other. Sorry but Panthers tragic dance does not give Senior Elite enough points to make up for the fact that Panthers are clearly just a more talented team, bobble or not.

I think we're forgetting Panthers have twice the running and standing tumbling, far more difficult "coed" stunting section, and still have a main stunt section that probably scores just as high as Senior Elite's (let's all realize again that 360 tick tocks do not equal an un touchable stunting score). Not to mention neither has an overly exceptional pyramid to put one above the other. Sorry but Panthers tragic dance does not give Senior Elite enough points to make up for the fact that Panthers are clearly just a more talented team, bobble or not.
I completely agree, I think panthers are defintely the more talented team, it's not like SE would have won if the bobble had counted. Weren't panthers more than a full point ahead?
ETA: going back and watching the video again, I don't see anything in the routine worthy of a bobble deduction anyway.
Sent from my GT-P5113 using Fierce Board mobile app

Last edited:
They also had a bobble. Just watched the video again tonight to make sure before I posted.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Varsity gives the following examples of bobbles:
Stunts and Pyramids that almost drop/fall, but are saved
Blatant incomplete twisting cradles (landing on
stomach, etc.)
Knee or hand of base touching ground during cradle or
dismount
Severe balance checks

There was no incomplete twisting cradle, no knee or hand touching ground, no stunt that almost fell but was saved and no severe balance check. The bases walked with the flyer for two or three steps (while the flyer stayed straight in the air) - that is not a bobble, but maybe a slight balance check.

Stop just looking at the video part of the video - listen to the music. If people actually listened to the music in the video, I see it as more of a motivational video for the CEA athletes. I still think it is a lil tacky and bitter by jtv though.

"I still don't know why I love you so much" - reminder of how much you love cheerleading, despite how upset you may be with this weekends results (and yes, I think they v. much have the right to be upset. 2nd is the first to lose. multiple 2nd places has to be a difficult pill to swallow)

"We're on each others team" - In light of what has happened in this past 2 days, this is very fitting for CEA right now. Makes the ending with Jenee seem a little more fitting. SE and CEA have welcomed her with opened arms by the looks of it.

But I still think that ending is ridiculously comical.

I've said it in another thread, i'll say it again. This video was absolutely unnecessary. I have always had the impression CEA is a gym that is very into the whole Cheerlebrity thing. This video right there just validated the impression. To each his own i guess. Thank you though to all the other amazing Gyms out there like Fame, Twisters,World Cup and many more who just do serious work in their gym and focus on what is really important : The Sport.

THE GOSPEL!
2u41mpi.gif

Why is everyone turning this into a SE vs Panthers thing? There's other teams at that gym it could be referring to as well, so to go and make rude comments about how panthers are 100 million times better at tumbling than SE is not needed..
They can tumble just as well as panthers. I've seen some girls throw more difficult passes in the past.. But why have them do it in the routine if there's a possibility they'll touch down because it's not the most consistent pass they can do?
And I didn't see any "sneaky choreography" in their routine. Yes, Gabie might do something different, because she, along with her basses are beasts at stunting.
That's not very sneaky if they're not trying to hide it.

...Now that F5 is gone everyone has to find another team to try and make a rivalry with since they're getting along with WCSS. Lol

Since I'm admittedly cheer illiterate...in the Panthers video of the girl stunting and wiggling her feet - is it common for Sr 5 to have 4 bases under a stunt? I have noticed more 2 mans this year and that's why it stands out to me I guess.

Since I'm admittedly cheer illiterate...in the Panthers video of the girl stunting and wiggling her feet - is it common for Sr 5 to have 4 bases under a stunt? I have noticed more 2 mans this year and that's why it stands out to me I guess.

That is from 2 years ago I believe when they were medium. So that would mean they would have 2 extra people during the main stunt that year. Not really answering your question I guess, but it's not too common to have front spots now.

I've said it in another thread, i'll say it again. This video was absolutely unnecessary. I have always had the impression CEA is a gym that is very into the whole Cheerlebrity thing. This video right there just validated the impression. To each his own i guess. Thank you though to all the other amazing Gyms out there like Fame, Twisters,World Cup and many more who just do serious work in their gym and focus on what is really important : The Sport.

Not to call any gyms out - but please don't think for one second that these gyms do not cause,create and weigh in on countless acts of cheer drama. They are N O T innocent. Saying this from personal twitter experience (valid? haha!)

Edited to say - the athletes cause the drama, not the gym specifically. Only one of the gyms you listed above have caused (a heck of a lot of) drama that I have witnessed with my own eyes.

Not to call any gyms out - but please don't think for one second that these gyms do not cause,create and weigh in on countless acts of cheer drama. They are N O T innocent. Saying this from personal twitter experience (valid? haha!)

Edited to say - the athletes cause the drama, not the gym specifically. Only one of the gyms you listed above have caused (a heck of a lot of) drama that I have witnessed with my own eyes.

Well okay, based on my own experience no Gym or Team in the World can go without any drama at all ;) That is just the nature of Cheer
Maybe i worded it wrong, what i mean not so much the fact that there is so much drama going on but the fact that some Gyms just encourage and support the crazyness of the Cheerlebrity phenomenon a lot more than others and for me that is a no.

That is from 2 years ago I believe when they were medium. So that would mean they would have 2 extra people during the main stunt that year. Not really answering your question I guess, but it's not too common to have front spots now.

Thanks! Thought that was from last weekend.

Why is everyone turning this into a SE vs Panthers thing? There's other teams at that gym it could be referring to as well, so to go and make rude comments about how panthers are 100 million times better at tumbling than SE is not needed..
They can tumble just as well as panthers. I've seen some girls throw more difficult passes in the past.. But why have them do it in the routine if there's a possibility they'll touch down because it's not the most consistent pass they can do?
And I didn't see any "sneaky choreography" in their routine. Yes, Gabie might do something different, because she, along with her basses are beasts at stunting.
That's not very sneaky if they're not trying to hide it.

...Now that F5 is gone everyone has to find another team to try and make a rivalry with since they're getting along with WCSS. Lol

Okay so let's compare these, since now you've made a matter-of-fact statement about Senior Elite's tumbling being equal to Panthers. This way we can end this argument here, with fact.

Senior Elite: STANDING
6 (11) standing full, 2 cartwheel full
3 two to double
11 two to full
3 three to double
1 two to whip double
Total: 7 to double, 19 to full

RUNNING
4 (6) sync roundoff handspring double
3 1.5 to double
5 roundoff handspring full
1 front walkover through to full
2 (3) whip to double
1 punch front to double
1 roundoff handspring double
4 punch front to full
1 (2) arabian to double
2 roundoff handspring double
1 arabian to double
1 whip full whip double
Total: 18 to double, 9 to full

Panthers: STANDING
12 (16) standing full
12 one to full
7 cartwheel full
4 two to double
8 two to full
4 two to whip double
2 three to double
1 two to double whip double two to double
Total: 11 to double, 39 to full

RUNNING
6 sync roundoff handspring double
13 sync roundoff handspring full
8 sync roundoff handspring double
1 roundoff handspring whip double (odd that one girl randomly did a whip double in that section)
1 1.5 to double
1 whip arabian to double
1 (2) punch front to double
2 arabian to double
2 punch front to full
2 arabian to double
2 whip double
1 front handspring front full to double
Total: 25 to double, 16 to full

So now, please justify saying that Panthers and Senior Elite are equal when it comes to tumbling. Someone, somewhere, try and justify that. If I was more familiar with the Varsity scoresheet, I could probably more accurately break down Panthers stunting score vs Senior Elite's, but I figured I'd close one of these arguments at least.

Okay so let's compare these, since now you've made a matter-of-fact statement about Senior Elite's tumbling being equal to Panthers. This way we can end this argument here, with fact.

Senior Elite: STANDING
6 (11) standing full, 2 cartwheel full
3 two to double
11 two to full
3 three to double
1 two to whip double
Total: 7 to double, 19 to full

RUNNING
4 (6) sync roundoff handspring double
3 1.5 to double
5 roundoff handspring full
1 front walkover through to full
2 (3) whip to double
1 punch front to double
1 roundoff handspring double
4 punch front to full
1 (2) arabian to double
1 arabian to double
1 whip full whip double
Total: 18 to double, 9 to full

Panthers: STANDING
12 (16) standing full
12 one to full
7 cartwheel full
4 two to double
8 two to full
4 two to whip double
2 three to double
1 two to double whip double two to double
Total: 11 to double, 39 to full

RUNNING
6 sync roundoff handspring double
13 sync roundoff handspring full
8 sync roundoff handspring double
1 roundoff handspring whip double (odd that one girl randomly did a whip double in that section)
1 1.5 to double
1 whip arabian to double
1 (2) punch front to double
2 arabian to double
2 punch front to full
2 arabian to double
2 whip double
1 front handspring front full to double
Total: 25 to double, 16 to full

So now, please justify saying that Panthers and Senior Elite are equal when it comes to tumbling. Someone, somewhere, try and justify that. If I was more familiar with the Varsity scoresheet, I could probably more accurately break down Panthers stunting score vs Senior Elite's, but I figured I'd close one of these arguments at least.

RT

Back