All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why is holden doubling?
They had all sorts of 'shenanigans' going on at the showcase that you know they aren't going to actually do in competition: the Fairy Wings in J5 Princesses, the double back and double-double in Coed Elite, Holden doubling in an R5.

Although on one hand it feels illegal he should be on an R5 (if he's not being used as a fill-in lol), on the other hand I must remind myself that there's more to R5 than just tumbling, there's also restricted stunting. The team looks on the younger side, maybe it gives him a chance to improve his basing if he's aged out of juniors?

They had all sorts of 'shenanigans' going on at the showcase that you know they aren't going to actually do in competition: the Fairy Wings in J5 Princesses, the double back and double-double in Coed Elite, Holden doubling in an R5.

Although on one hand it feels illegal he should be on an R5 (if he's not being used as a fill-in lol), on the other hand I must remind myself that there's more to R5 than just tumbling, there's also restricted stunting. The team looks on the younger side, maybe it gives him a chance to improve his basing if he's aged out of juniors?
totally not trying to start drama but its kinda annoying that you can clearly see 3 boys on the restricted team are on coed elite.. i know its not illegal like you said but it would be frustrating being an r5 team against them knowing that..

totally not trying to start drama but its kinda annoying that you can clearly see 3 boys on the restricted team are on coed elite.. i know its not illegal like you said but it would be frustrating being an r5 team against them knowing that..

I can deal with this easier than I can deal with true level 5 boys competing on a Coed level 4 team.

Not trying to throw shade, but...

i can agree with you to a point. not only is he a true level 5 kid, he could out tumble just about anyone. but if i am remembering past routines correctly, he doesn't do too much true coed stunting. he's usually tumbling during the coed sections (i know he did a lot of elite two-man stunting, but not single based) if i understand the cheer extreme crossover philosophy correctly, it's usually done to quickly grow and progress an athlete's underdeveloped skills (i.e. a flyer basing or a base backspotting) by having them practice and do them as much as possible.

and i feel like if i grew up used to double or sometimes even triple teaming, that once i got to a senior worlds team and was only allowed on one team, i'd be bored and have too much free time. so maybe he's just doing it for fun to be on a second team. at least it's an R5 because y'all would be outraged if it were level 4 or below.

I think it might be more frustrating because he's a recognizable athlete and he's known for his tumbling. I'm pretty sure some other well-known gyms have now or in the past used several of their athletes who were on Worlds teams on R5 teams as well. Think Cali did one year (I could be wrong). Right after the rule came out. Others might this year as well- depends on the gyms feelings about crossovers.

I do agree it's better than going from Worlds to level 4, however.

For the record....I love the word "shenanigans" And Twist's double back was a real crowd pleaser. He's a coach but was throwing the pass for one of our boys who currently has a concussion and is stunting but not tumbling yet. I totally didn't even see him do it just heard the crowd, I had to watch the video, I guess I was watching something else at the time.

i can agree with you to a point. not only is he a true level 5 kid, he could out tumble just about anyone. but if i am remembering past routines correctly, he doesn't do too much true coed stunting. he's usually tumbling during the coed sections (i know he did a lot of elite two-man stunting, but not single based) if i understand the cheer extreme crossover philosophy correctly, it's usually done to quickly grow and progress an athlete's underdeveloped skills (i.e. a flyer basing or a base backspotting) by having them practice and do them as much as possible.

and I feel like if i grew up used to double or sometimes even triple teaming, that once i got to a senior worlds team and was only allowed on one team, i'd be bored and have too much free time. so maybe he's just doing it for fun to be on a second team. at least it's an R5 because y'all would be outraged if it were level 4 or below.
I'm trying to stay out of this since I've got a kid on coed, but I will say this, (and were new) from my understanding (and watching older videos) he's never coed stunted before in a routine. He's always had the passes during that time. He's working like a dog to learn how to stunt, and he's made HUGE progress. He's doing really well with it (pretty sure he has the smallest flyer on the team) but I'm sure being on that R5 is probably helping build those skills faster than not. We only practice once a week and stunting counts more than tumbling on the score sheet.

So while I'm looking at the Nfinity Legend tumbling side just as side eye as everyone else, I do see where the stunting part is probably helping him out a lot to be able to hang in (through those sections) on coed. He was hitting toss libs to extension lately and that was completely NOT where he was in the beginning of the summer. I'm really proud of him for that and I know he's proud of himself (and rightly so).

Im just catching up on my videos and from the looks of things everyone is coming out of the gates strong! First of all, HotCheer Hot 5 was on point! They slayed that routine! You wouldn't know that they lost three boys and have had another gym pop up in the area. They worked every section of that routine and the choreography was on point! CAC Teal is stepping out big. I love their routine. They always have creative routines and even though we can't see the whole stunt sequence yet, I looks to be innovative!! Can't wait to see more!

I think it might be more frustrating because he's a recognizable athlete and he's known for his tumbling. I'm pretty sure some other well-known gyms have now or in the past used several of their athletes who were on Worlds teams on R5 teams as well. Think Cali did one year (I could be wrong). Right after the rule came out. Others might this year as well- depends on the gyms feelings about crossovers.

I do agree it's better than going from Worlds to level 4, however.
i totally agree, if im not mistaken top gun put drew tyler who is on large coed on their restricted team last year.

Can I just say how I much I love this idea? I can't even begin describing how much respect I have for CEA. They truly care about their athletes' growth, hence the crossover philosophy. I would imagine many gyms doing this only for getting to first place. :)

Back