All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In my eyes, a first year team placing top ten is remarkable and an amazing feat, regardless of program. Of course it's easier for some to harbor a competitive team in a competitive division, but it still shouldn't take away from the work the kids put in.
I think every division has it's own personality as it's own "look." Gyms that may contend as heavy favorites in one division may not be in another.

There's probably 1000 reasons for that that only the coaches and their philosophy of gym/athlete development really know. But any gym that had a contending team in any division is doing something right.

I don't think you have to have EVERY team you field be a medal contender in order to be considered legit or "worthy." I've got a son on a "contender" team that I feel will definitely put up a fight for a globe. I've got a daughter on a team that if it finishes top ten we're throwing a party because that will be an amazing victory for a team only in its second season (and last year that new baby team didn't make finals). They're already stronger this year. Will they contend for a medal, not likely, but they're growing, learning and getting better every competition and that's victory enough for me. They will be a contender eventually but they've got a few seasons before they start mixing things up. That's okay. I'm crazy proud of those kids and don't think they're any less important than my sons team just because they're one of the newest worlds teams to our gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

In fairness, Stingrays have had at most 4 teams competing at Worlds in the past 3 years (Orange, Peach/Amber, Smoke(Not 2013) and Rust) and Cheer Athletics has had 6 (7 if you're counting Crewkatz medal?) (Panthers, Cheetahs, Wildcats, Ladykatz, Fiercekatz, Swooshcats, (Crewkatz)).

I see your point and CA would still have a higher medal count, however the ratios are out.

If we take 2013 as an example - 3 stingray teams and 5 CA

:deathdrop:

I think every division has it's own personality as it's own "look." Gyms that may contend as heavy favorites in one division may not be in another.

There's probably 1000 reasons for that that only the coaches and their philosophy of gym/athlete development really know. But any gym that had a contending team in any division is doing something right.

I don't think you have to have EVERY team you field be a medal contender in order to be considered legit or "worthy." I've got a son on a "contender" team that I feel will definitely put up a fight for a globe. I've got a daughter on a team that if it finishes top ten we're throwing a party because that will be an amazing victory for a team only in its second season (and last year that new baby team didn't make finals). They're already stronger this year. Will they contend for a medal, not likely, but they're growing, learning and getting better every competition and that's victory enough for me. They will be a contender eventually but they've got a few seasons before they start mixing things up. That's okay. I'm crazy proud of those kids and don't think they're any less important than my sons team just because they're one of the newest worlds teams to our gym.

Completely agree. Certain teams are formed for certain reasons. Worlds isn't the end all be all for certain programs/teams

Cheer Force Arkansas Falcons, Sm Coed 5 at ASC nationals.

Day 1 - some stunting issues but better tumbling

Day 2 1 missed basket and some issues in tumbling. The little boy got sick in the middle of the routine and took the wrong path for his full whip double, then proceeds to vomit in his second pass but pulls out his whip double anyway.

Totally agree it is the worst venue. When I saw the Jostens Center for the first time I was shocked, it looks like a high school gymnasium and we don't have comps in high school gymnasiums. Same when I saw the milk house, it's the smallest arena I've ever seem.

I've never been to NCA Dallas but I feel it's right up ther, maybe if people had to qualify to go to Dallas it would surpass Worlds. Disney is a non factor for me

But the fact is, unfortunately, that literally any level 5 team can get (and does get) a bid to worlds. So it's not that different from level 5 comp in Dallas.

Cheer Force Arkansas Falcons, Sm Coed 5 at ASC nationals.

Day 1 - some stunting issues but better tumbling

Day 2 1 missed basket and some issues in tumbling. The little boy got sick in the middle of the routine and took the wrong path for his full whip double, then proceeds to vomit in his second pass but pulls out his whip double anyway.

some of that choreography in the opening was pretty cool! And you can see the puke come out in his pass. And then that poor girl had to do floor work in the dance RIGHT where he puked. Really gross lol

After catching up on 15 pages here are my two cents:
  • Stingrays Steel: the dark horse of Large Coed. I am drooling over them. I'll bet any amount of money that we won't be seeing two of the big LCs medaling this year and that is both terrifying and exciting. Angel Rice kick dub? Serve girl.
  • Spirit of Texas Medium Coed: ENERGY ENERGY ENERGY! So fun to watch.
  • California Allstars Black Ops: I am a huge fan. Also lots of energy. Would love to see them take gold again.
  • ICE Lady Lightening: Center flyer. Work. Me. Out. They are so fierce.
  • Stingrays Peach: So happy for them winning Grand Champs. Last season Peach was in Orange's shadow all year. They are slaying medium.
  • Georgia Medium Coed: I've never disliked a Jamie Parrish dance. This proves to be no different. Favorite of the season so far.
  • Stingrays Orange: For the first time ever, Orange is not my favorite Stingrays team. However they look clean and are in my top 3 for Large Senior. That dance needs to go-- ASAP.

After catching up on 15 pages here are my two cents:
  • Stingrays Steel: the dark horse of Large Coed. I am drooling over them. I'll bet any amount of money that we won't be seeing two of the big LCs medaling this year and that is both terrifying and exciting. Angel Rice kick dub? Serve girl.
  • Spirit of Texas Medium Coed: ENERGY ENERGY ENERGY! So fun to watch.
  • California Allstars Black Ops: I am a huge fan. Also lots of energy. Would love to see them take gold again.
  • ICE Lady Lightening: Center flyer. Work. Me. Out. They are so fierce.
  • Stingrays Peach: So happy for them winning Grand Champs. Last season Peach was in Orange's shadow all year. They are slaying medium.
  • Georgia Medium Coed: I've never disliked a Jamie Parrish dance. This proves to be no different. Favorite of the season so far.
  • Stingrays Orange: For the first time ever, Orange is not my favorite Stingrays team. However they look clean and are in my top 3 for Large Senior. That dance needs to go-- ASAP.
OMG YOU DIDNT COMMENT ON SENIOR ELITE WHY ARE YOU EXCLUDING THEM!

We absolutely do not view a season as "all about Worlds." If you had to rank them, the USASF event is probably currently the most prestigious for L5 simply because they are the only one to get to use "World" in the title instead of "National". (A rule they set up themselves, by the way.) It has the worst venue & least refined scoring system of any the major events we go to. There is NOT a big gap between it and NCA (or even Majors for that matter) in our eyes. Comparing USASF to the Olympics is a stretch, IMO.

A more apt comparison would be comparing USASF to Wimbledon vs. US Open, French Open, Australian Open. If you had to pick one among them you would want to win, you probably would pick Wimbledon, but that doesn't make it the "Olympics" of tennis.
was not singling out CA in ANY way

edit: can we go back to the videos........:deadhorse::banghead:

We absolutely do not view a season as "all about Worlds." If you had to rank them, the USASF event is probably currently the most prestigious for L5 simply because they are the only one to get to use "World" in the title instead of "National". (A rule they set up themselves, by the way.) It has the worst venue & least refined scoring system of any the major events we go to. There is NOT a big gap between it and NCA (or even Majors for that matter) in our eyes. Comparing USASF to the Olympics is a stretch, IMO.

A more apt comparison would be comparing USASF to Wimbledon vs. US Open, French Open, Australian Open. If you had to pick one among them you would want to win, you probably would pick Wimbledon, but that doesn't make it the "Olympics" of tennis.
sorry double post. i agree that the world title is a huge factor in why worlds is so big but not to mention the fact that at nca which is a good comparison to worlds, teams get paid to go to worlds........ this automatically puts NCA under worlds considering you go there to qualify for worlds.

Back