All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're not the only one. I don't agree that it's cheating, but this is a pretty contriversial topic in the industry right now. Which is harder? How should they be scored? Both very common questions ATM.

That's why I quoted cheating cause I wasn't sure what to call it but it's the way I see it haha. Maybe not much cheating but as the easy way out. I think it should definitely be scored differently and I hope in the near future score sheets will reflect the different method of full ups! I wasn't to sure where to post this at but I figured videos would be a good place cause I have seen in in a few videos throughout this thread!

This is crazy. My old high school team. They're fantastic this year!!!! First place out of 7, mostly against teams that were in a higher division. Video doesn't start until about 30secs in. Don't mind my yelling lol. They are flawless.

ETA this was their first comp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love SJS Lady Reign! They have so much talent this year. The only thing I want them to have is energy in their dance and pyramid

SSX please "upgrade" your standing tumbling. The rest of the routine could use a bit of cleaning up but it's already great

Does it bother anyone else seeing teams do full ups, double ups, or anything in between starting with legs crossed? To me I feel like it's a "cheating" way of doing it and it drives me crazy everytime I see a team do it. There have been videos I have seen of teams doing this and I see it a lot at competitions and I cringe when I see it and I really don't know why! Am I the only one on this? I probably am.
It bothered me at first, when it started becoming popular. But I feel as if the cross leg isn't always easier for everyone. And I also look at it with a safety perspective. It's much safer having two bases stay connected while twisting, rather than only one. So it doesn't exactly bother me anymore. If it works for your group, awesome. We still teach both version at my gym. We only use cross leg as a back up if the real full up grip doesn't work.

It bothered me at first, when it started becoming popular. But I feel as if the cross leg isn't always easier for everyone. And I also look at it with a safety perspective. It's much safer having two bases stay connected while twisting, rather than only one. So it doesn't exactly bother me anymore. If it works for your group, awesome. We still teach both version at my gym. We only use cross leg as a back up if the real full up grip doesn't work.
My CP is a good example. Her gym last year did full ups with the real full up grip and she was hitting it no problem. New gym this year and they use the cross leg and oh the struggle!! And they make all of the flyers use the cross leg. She is hitting it most of the time now but I still say a little prayer right before her stunt goes, lol.

after watching the SE majors video, I have two questions.

I wonder what skills they are referring to when they say we are doing things we aren't known for doing? IMO, this routine has completely Maybe? lighted their ridiculous stunting abilities. So I would think opposite - it's highlighting what their mojo is, and neither is bad....I am just curious.

Secondly, are they getting credit for doubling up when it appears they stop and then do the last quarter turn to heel stretch? What do you have to do to max out for the spinning portion of Level 5 stunts? Does 1.75 score the same?

Thanks in advance FBers for helping me to learn more :)

I don't know if it's the skills, tho. They're a new, young SE. All of the old timers are gone for the first tme with this team. I think she might be referring to this new teams desire to show what they can do with their new version of SE. Maybe? :help:

I never said I watched the videos, I simply stated I was sick of seeing them all over the place. I just don't understand why a program feels the need to document every 5 seconds of whatever goes on in their gym. @Extrememom @Tealxblack25 @omgitssydthekid
While I do somewhat agree that all the JTV videos are a bit much, this one's for the Majors and all participating teams get one. Not just Senior Elite and it's not really their decision to make it. I think that's what some people were trying to say

When I see a video posted here I'm not interested in, I don't watch it. (And I don't feel the need to post about it) It's not that difficult of a concept. The videos are for the parents and the people who like and want to see our teams. If you don't....then keep it moving!

Some people will complain about any old little thing!

This is crazy. My old high school team. They're fantastic this year!!!! First place out of 7, mostly against teams that were in a higher division. Video doesn't start until about 30secs in. Don't mind my yelling lol. They are flawless.

Was this a stunt routine? Or why were there no motions, jumps, dance?

This brings me back to my Michigan hs cheer days...I miss it so much! Your team did great!! What a jam packed round honestly. Do you have videos of round 1 and 2?

Back