All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wouldn't you just get a lowered score for not having the maxed number of stunt groups - or whatever it's called - when they count that you have X number of athletes and aren't putting up that number divided by 4 (dropping any remainders). Of course, I don't know if that's worse than having a fall, but I'd guess it wouldn't be.
This comp was a "learning experience" for judges. Small Senior was the first worlds division to go at American Grand. It was the judges first time scoring using the comparative scoring. ALL of small senior was underscored the first day. It was fixed by small coed 5, MC, MC5, LC5 and all of the international teams. All of small senior was not fixed and that is why it's amazing Lady Bullets got paid at all. It did effect worlds bids, though. I don't know if the first days scoring was rectified that worlds bids would be different but it kind of sucked.

This comp was a "learning experience" for judges. Small Senior was the first worlds division to go at American Grand. It was the judges first time scoring using the comparative scoring. ALL of small senior was underscored the first day. It was fixed by small coed 5, MC, MC5, LC5 and all of the international teams. All of small senior was not fixed and that is why it's amazing Lady Bullets got paid at all. It did effect worlds bids, though. I don't know if the first days scoring was rectified that worlds bids would be different but it kind of sucked.

You can't compare scores across divisions with comparative scoring. That's why worlds doesn't have a grand champion. Underscoring an entire division technically shouldn't matter with comparative scoring, and the way EPs have historically given out bids makes zero sense on this system.

A
You can't compare scores across divisions with comparative scoring. That's why worlds doesn't have a grand champion. Underscoring an entire division technically shouldn't matter with comparative scoring, and the way EPs have historically given out bids makes zero sense on this system.
And we will never know. A FP and 2 AL went to our gym and I am 10o% confident my CPs team will get a FP bid this season, so it's not a big deal for us. But I just wonder if it affected some of the other bids and if a team that deserved a bid did not get one.

Last edited:
A

And we will never know. A FP and 2 AL went to our gym and I am 10o% confident my CPs team will get a FP bid this season, so it's not a big deal for us. But I just wonder if it affected some of the other bids and if a team that deserved a bid did not get one.
When I saw Cheer Central Suns was against some of our teams this weekend I got excited because I thought all these worlds teams from your gym were coming to a non worlds bid comp but then realized they were it was just some of yalls teams in Oklahoma! But the ones that were there did great!

A

I remember warming up with Ignite this weekend and falling in love with their music!! Do you have any idea if it or any of your worlds teams music would be release?

But when teams in every division are competing for a bid across divisions the scoring needs to be consistent. I wasn't at any of the bid competitions this weekend but I have heard that gym owners were very unhappy with the inconsistency in scores at every competition.

But when teams in every division are competing for a bid across divisions the scoring needs to be consistent. I wasn't at any of the bid competitions this weekend but I have heard that gym owners were very unhappy with the inconsistency in scores at every competition.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think NCA is changing their bid declaration but I don't know how, and not everyone has 8 FP bids to give away.

Comparative scoring is all well and good at worlds when you're not competing against any other divisions, but someone should have thought about it some more when high point level winners, grand champs, and summit/worlds bids are on the line.

There is no consistency though. It's not a rubric, you can't expect consistency with this type of scoring. They're not actually doing anything wrong with the scoring.

I predicted in the CheerTech thread that bids would be a cluster f**k with this scoring.

Last edited:
I remember warming up with Ignite this weekend and falling in love with their music!! Do you have any idea if it or any of your worlds teams music would be release?
Yes, Ignite's music is fierce! Solstice's music is released - it's under Cheer Central Suns SoundCloud. I wish I knew when lady Suns and Ignite will be released. I'm surprised it hasn't been already.

Back