All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always think back to what Coach Chrissy from Twinkles said in the documentary ..."What are you gonna say in Dallas? That the floor was too hard? I don't want to hear anyone say that ever again." Some floors are good, some are bad. If the skill is solid enough to be in the routine, it shouldn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I agree with the principle of what I think you are trying to say, I think extreme temperatures, particularly cold, can play a huge part in performance. I think any athlete has the right to be frustrated or upset when the EP intentionally puts down a "bad" floor, or holds warmups outside or in an unheated area. It happens often and not only is it not ideal, but can be unsafe as well.

Sure.

And I think when multiple teams have the same issues, there may be some merit.

However, my kids have had the "floor" complaint when no other kids/coaches complained about it and/or many other teams hit perfect. You can't blame the floor when everyone else hits zero.

And even if it's legitimately too hot/cold or the floor really is bad, when it comes down to it, the floor was bad/it was cold/whatever for everyone else and someone still managed to hit and win. So we can't dwell on it or use it to throw a pity party. Does that make sense?

CEA has the right perspective.

Michigan cheer! It's weird. There's 2 other "rounds" one is for motions and kips, the other is for synch tumbling/motions/jumps. No music or dance!

Thank you!! I don't! They scored a 188 in round one- which is weird bc were usually in the early 200s. Round two they did walkovers, handstand forward rolls, toe touch, and roundoffs I think. One of their tumblers is out with an ankle issue right now, so without her they're 1 away from back handsprings and 2 away from standing tucks! So much potential for these girls, I love it.

2 away from tucks, that's awesome!! Definitely keep posting updates/videos of them throughout the season please :)

2 away from tucks, that's awesome!! Definitely keep posting updates/videos of them throughout the season please :)
I def will!!! They had tucks & springs last year, so I expect it to happen for them again lol. Andddd the tumbling in rd 3 & first stunt are both watered down.

None of the girls on the mat are seniors this year so it can only get better :)

anyways, back to the videos

Brandon Senior White

Loved Senior White last year and again this year for showing that being a Worlds team does not mean your difficulty needs to be through the roof. Execution of skills that showcase your team in its best light will lead to more success than crazy difficulty that cannot be executed well because it is beyond a team's ability.

Also - Brandon as a program is putting on a technique CLINIC this year. Black and White both look SO clean and confident in their skills.

Back