All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was an either or question, lol

Jumps to full will score higher than jumps to back.

*If you are a telemarketer, or wrong number, and contact me I apologize in advance**

Yeah - I was hoping someone would answer that it would (I'm not sure myself how scoring works at all, I just have a general understanding of how hard certain tumbling things are compared to others). IMO Jumps to a full is about one of the hardest skills one can do in cheerleading. I think it's harder than any running tumbling one can legally do in a cheer routine, except maybe a bounce back out of a double (which to me really isn't "running tumbling" anymore when you change directions).

Jumps to a tuck is just something that's expected of a level 5 team. I'd say the difficultly of jumps to a tuck is the same as a running round off handspring single full. Like if you can't do it, you shouldn't be on a level 5 team. Jumps to a full is the type of skill that "elite" level 5 athletes can do - it's especially impressive for females.

Yeah - I was hoping someone would answer that it would (I'm not sure myself how scoring works at all, I just have a general understanding of how hard certain tumbling things are compared to others). IMO Jumps to a full is about one of the hardest skills one can do in cheerleading. I think it's harder than any running tumbling one can legally do in a cheer routine, except maybe a bounce back out of a double (which to me really isn't "running tumbling" anymore when you change directions).

Jumps to a tuck is just something that's expected of a level 5 team. I'd say the difficultly of jumps to a tuck is the same as a running round off handspring single full. Like if you can't do it, you shouldn't be on a level 5 team. Jumps to a full is the type of skill that "elite" level 5 athletes can do - it's especially impressive for females.
I think the question was referring to a jump bhs bhs full. Not a jump full

Don't know if this was posted or not..

Is this going to be a web show about that Gabi and Robert team? Here I thought the web show was that one of Gabi's where she answers questions and tumbles and stretches, I didn't know they were doing one about their team just like the Cheerleaders show. Whoa if so - that's like them competing directly against the old show.

*Prays that this won't become a scripted, staged, mess like Cheerleaders has become*

in addition to this, I really hope it isn't mostly centered around Gabi. I know she has a following and is a great kid and all, but I am way more interested in seeing James/Misty coaching and how the college kids make it all work and them being "adults"... rather than the potential storyline of how Gabi flies back and forth from florida to kentucky every weekend.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Sorry haha.

Well it depends on which section of the scoresheet you are talking about. For jumps, as long as you do 4 connected jumps or 3 +1 you will automatically max out in jump difficulty. As for standing tumbling you are required to compete at least two standing tumbling passes, one of which is a jump + tumbling combo. It doesn't say it has to be a jump to tuck so I would think the jump through to full would award the team some brownie points weather it be in the form of overall impression or one of the other subjective categories on the scoresheet. And we are also finding out that it depends on what is being thrown at the competition that day!

Last edited:
Is this going to be a web show about that Gabi and Robert team? Here I thought the web show was that one of Gabi's where she answers questions and tumbles and stretches, I didn't know they were doing one about their team just like the Cheerleaders show. Whoa if so - that's like them competing directly against the old show.
Gabi has her own channel where he does questions/stretching videos, but it looks like this is a seperate channel/series. I'm kinda curious to see how this one compares to the Smoed series....

Well it depends on which section of the scoresheet you are talking about. For jumps, as long as you do 4 connected jumps or 3 +1 you will automatically max out in jump difficulty. As for standing tumbling you are required to compete at least two standing tumbling passes, one of which is a jump + tumbling combo. It doesn't say it has to be a jump to tuck so I would think the jump through to full would award the team some brownie points weather it be in the form of overall impression or one of the other subjective categories on the scoresheet. And we are also finding out that it depends on what is being thrown at the competition that day!

I was always curious what the teams like smoed (only example I can think of right this moment) get scored for majority doing jumps to tuck and just the boys/Angel doing jumps to full. i feel like it's more of a risk and really isn't going to help their scores since only 5/20 are doing it.

I was always curious what the teams like smoed (only example I can think of right this moment) get scored for majority doing jumps to tuck and just the boys/Angel doing jumps to full. i feel like it's more of a risk and really isn't going to help their scores since only 5/20 are doing it.
But if it's all comparative scoring I guess it would score better than squad jumps to back, no?

I know I'm about to make myself sound like I'm 90 years old... But what is up with some of these backdrops? I cannot stand when the backdrop has so much going on that I can't even see the team performing (BUTBT is the worst for this, but this Egyptian looking thing is giving them a run for their money!)

I'm old and I can't focus with all this nonsense going on in the background!

Back