All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does it really add that much? Plus, if "all" the girls are doing that, versus however many standing/hand/xyz fulls in the standing section, it might just be a wash. Especially if what they're doing is cleaner.

I'd need a judge, because some of the finer points lose me depending on the score sheet. But since Worlds is relative, I think that's where cleanliness wins..
I'd presume that it would add at least a little bit of difficulty. In my opinion, standing tumbling is where they're lacking this year compared to the other teams. Who knows, maybe the synchronicity of their 1-to-fulls and the fact that they're nearly whole-squad will be enough. I don't know. But their tumbling scores have been consistently lower than a few of the other top LAG teams this year, so a little bump in difficulty would help.
I also just think standing fulls would look nice there.

Last edited:
I'd presume that it would add at least a little bit of difficulty. In my opinion, standing tumbling is where they're lacking this year compared to the other teams. Who knows, maybe the synchronicity of their 1-to-fulls and the fact that they're nearly whole-squad will be enough. I don't know. But their tumbling scores have been consistently lower than a few of the other top LAG teams this year, so a little bump in difficulty would help.
they'd look nice but 1 to fulls are worth the same amount than standing fulls

they'd look nice but 1 to fulls are worth the same amount than standing fulls
Okay well then difficulty aside, I love their routine so much this year except the standing tumbling section. It's always seemed a little rushed to me and looks simple, although I might be the only one who feels this way. Standing fulls, for me, might improve it aesthetically a bit.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Weirdly- I don't think that's completely true. I swear there was at least one occasion (like with dance- their other area of common critique) where they had higher tumbling scores than their competitors. It might not have been standing, maybe just running. But I swear I'm not crazy.

Weirdly- I don't think that's completely true. I swear there was at least one occasion (like with dance- their other area of common critique) where they had higher tumbling scores than their competitors. It might not have been standing, maybe just running. But I swear I'm not crazy.
That's not terribly surprising, they do have great running tumbling this year. It's just their standing tumbling that gets me for this routine, particularly the fact that it's barely two 8-counts' worth...

Last edited:
It appears from the scoresheets that standing tumbling is definitely not a weak point for them. CSP knows what she's doing!
*sigh* I know this.
Look, I just like standing fulls and think they would improve the standing tumbling section which, right now, is lacking a little bit in my eyes. That's all. :(

*sigh* I know this.
Look, I just like standing fulls and think they would improve the standing tumbling section which, right now, is lacking a little bit in my eyes. That's all. :(
I like standing fulls as well, but clearly it wouldn't improve their scores, so why do it? I get what you're saying though.

I like standing fulls as well, but clearly it wouldn't improve their scores, so why do it? I get what you're saying though.
I really wasn't aware that mine was a controversial opinion...
It's just that two quick 8-counts of standing tumbling, with one standing whip-double, doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing to me. It might hit the scoresheet but it doesn't look difficult – it looks like they're rushing through it to get to the stunts. Some standing fulls or maybe more whip-doubles (I thought they had a couple more) would make it prettier, in my opinion. Does that make sense?
I might be the only one that feels this way, and that's okay.

Last edited:
Of course I know that. It might just add a bit more difficulty, and I think it would look really good.
I think it would benefit to keep the one to fulls instead of standing fulls. I'm pretty sure they don't have a great quantity of them, and the execution would go down if they have girls doing standing fulls who don't have them consistent or clean.

I really wasn't aware that mine was a controversial opinion...
It's just that two quick 8-counts of standing tumbling, with one standing whip-double, doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing to me. It might hit the scoresheet but it doesn't look difficult – it looks like they're rushing through it to get to the stunts. Some standing fulls or maybe more whip-doubles (I thought they had a couple more) would make it prettier, in my opinion. Does that make sense?
I might be the only one that feels this way, and that's okay.
I totally understand what you're saying, in fact I said that to my daughter a few times in the beginning of the season, I was very worried about that. However, now that I've seen the scoresheets, I understand better and can get behind it.

Latest posts

Back