All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

International teams doesn't compete in senior divisions because our system is totally different. We have youth, junior and senior divisions. Senior is basically the same as international open in the US. Once you become a senior you can't age out. (Not all countries have this system, but it's common.)

I don't think the 3-per-country rule is necessary. There's a lot of great international teams that still will qualify for finals. And international teams won't stop coming to Worlds just because we're not guaranteed to compete in finals. We still get the "Worlds experience" competing one day - and if you DO qualify for finals it will be a much bigger deal than it is now.

It just feel it's silly to call something world's and not have internationally sanctioned system for all star. It'd like one big free for all.

Personally, I support the 3-per-country rule. The way I see it it's hard to call a competition the 'World Championships' unless it's more or less representative of, well, the world... I feel that having a max number per country allows other nations the experience of performing on a world stage, potentially in finals and not just prelims, and theoretically helps work towards a more even international competition. I know, of course, that ICU is the international one, but if we're going to call a Worlds division 'international', it may as well be so. I personally love seeing an even mix of countries in the IOG and IOC division finals!

Besides, international gymnastics has the exact same rule. If there were no max-number-per-country rule there, then it would not be a true international competition; finals at the Olympics wouldn't be an even spread of nations.

...Just my personal opinion as someone not originally from the US :shaka:

Last edited:
I will (embarrassingly) post this one. I'm sure you could guess which one I am.

There is also a video of GWs Worlds winning run that you can see @MakeYourMark , myself and another girl from our gym getting VERY emotional over their run

And me...even though I contained myself :oops: lol I was screaming like a mad man even though I had no voice.

Personally, I support the 3-per-country rule. The way I see it it's hard to call a competition the 'World Championships' unless it's more or less representative of, well, the world... I feel that having a max number per country allows other nations the experience of performing on a world stage, potentially in finals and not just prelims, and theoretically helps work towards a more even international competition. I know, of course, that ICU is the international one, but if we're going to call a Worlds division 'international', it may as well be so. I personally love seeing an even mix of countries in the IOG and IOC division finals!

Besides, international gymnastics has the exact same rule. If there were no max-number-per-country rule there, then it would not be a true international competition; finals at the Olympics wouldn't be an even spread of nations.

...Just my personal opinion as someone not originally from the US :shaka:
The World Series anoints it's winner the World Champion, and it's almost entirely US teams. The Super Bowl anoints a World Champion, and it's entirely US teams. The Cheerleading Worlds can still be a World Championship. All countries can enter. That doesn't mean all countries NEED to be represented in finals. Once you're in, how far you advance is dependent on your scores. I don't think we need to handicap the international divisions anymore.

The World Series anoints it's winner the World Champion, and it's almost entirely US teams. The Super Bowl anoints a World Champion, and it's entirely US teams. The Cheerleading Worlds can still be a World Championship. All countries can enter. That doesn't mean all countries NEED to be represented in finals. Once you're in, how far you advance is dependent on your scores. I don't think we need to handicap the international divisions anymore.
Of course, and I totally understand that. It's just my own view (which I know is not shared by many) that if the rest of the Worlds divisions are going to be mostly US, then a couple of divisions could still have an even mix of nations in finals :)

For what it's worth, in Oz our major sports competitions don't crown a World Champion since it's not a truly world competition, and when I came to the US I was totally baffled by the fact that the Super Bowl champ was called a World Champion. It's definitely just semantics, but it's what I'm personally used to.

Last edited:
Of course, and I totally understand that. It's just my personal view as an Aussie gal that if the rest of the Worlds divisions are going to be mostly the US, then a couple of divisions could still have an even mix of nations.
I understand. And that's what prelims are for. Have as many nations come and compete and try their hardest to make finals. But, let finals be the best of the best, regardless of nation.

I understand. And that's what prelims are for. Have as many nations come and compete and try their hardest to make finals. But, let finals be the best of the best, regardless of nation.
Fair enough. I do still like the 3-per-country rule, but you have a point.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I do still like the 3-per-country rule, but you have a point.
I wouldn't mind, if they got rid of the 3 per rule, opening up the int'l finals to more teams. There are some amazing non-US teams that are also hurt by the 3 per rule.

Someone previously mentioned that international teams can enter senior divisions. In Australia, I don't know of any competitions that give out bids to senior teams - the 'Worlds Bid' division of all competitions is always Open International 5.

:fro:
Wait you went to the public memorial service (that was televised) at the Staples Center? How cool. I never come across anyone else that got tickets and went
Yes! I won the ticket on the raffle...... Was the Best/Saddest experience of my life, sat way up, but agin was so Happy to be there! The tour a year later I went as well, and we visited everywhere Michael lived, filmed, etc.... missed his family by 10 minutes at the Forest Lawn Cemetary, because the bus driver got lost driving there!!!

Yes! I won the ticket on the raffle...... Was the Best/Saddest experience of my life, sat way up, but agin was so Happy to be there! The tour a year later I went as well, and we visited everywhere Michael lived, filmed, etc.... missed his family by 10 minutes at the Forest Lawn Cemetary, because the bus driver got lost driving there!!!

I won tickets in the lottery as well. Most of the people I met there were already from California (I met some VA people ) so I've always thought that tickets were deliberately given to Cali people in the lottery to make sure Staples and Nokia were filled....because I had an incredibly difficult time getting from SC to LA in less than 24 hrs notice.

At the time it was the saddest experience of my life....but now it's the coolest. Only 16,000 ish non famous people can say they went to Michael Jackson's funeral!

Wait you went to the public memorial service (that was televised) at the Staples Center? How cool. I never come across anyone else that got tickets and went
I said Raffle, DOH!!!! I meant Lottery, where you just entered your name and I won the ticket! Spent over $1,000 Bucks for both of those trips, would have spent more actually! His concert that he was originally slated to do at the arena over in london, I was taking a loan at the bank to finance that trip!!!!

I won tickets in the lottery as well. Most of the people I met there were already from California (I met some VA people ) so I've always thought that tickets were deliberately given to Cali people in the lottery to make sure Staples and Nokia were filled....because I had an incredibly difficult time getting from SC to LA in less than 24 hrs notice.

At the time it was the saddest experience of my life....but now it's the coolest. Only 16,000 ish non famous people can say they went to Michael Jackson's funeral!
Exactly!!!! I would have done it anyway for any otherr MJ experience!!!! I have been to his concerts with the Jackson 5 in the 70's The Jackson's in the 80's, and his tours in the 90's... So in my life it has been the greatest concert experiences that I have ever done, and no one can touch him in that area, or pretty much any other area as well.....!!!

If we didn't have over 100 "National Championships"every year in our sport, you wouldn't need to call it a "World Championship" and countries would be irrelevant. For better or worse (worse, IMO) we have ruined the term "National Champion" in our sport (at least in the US). It really should just be the "USASF Champion", "NCA Champion", "Majors Champion" etc. ---- Kind of like "Masters Champion", "Wimbledon Champion", "Boston Marathon Champion" or "Tour de France Champion". Not every event needs a geography term attached to it to give it credibility or prestige.

Back