All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is it gaining you to go across the country to cheer at top gun or Cali or wherever. And I don't mean any disrespect to those programs. But Is that going to get you anywhere in life? Is it going to help with a career? No it's not. Ten years from now who's going to care where you cheered? Might as well stay local and be proud of your own gym and do everything to help them be successful. And save yourself or your parents some money.
*****Disclaimer before I begin - my cp never has and most likely never will cheer for @coach12. I know nothing about his/her gym or teams except state location.

I see your salty coach's perspective and I will raise you one parent's perspective....

If your gym is no longer meeting my cp's or our family's needs, why should she stay there? My child is no longer happy at your gym. It is no longer a good fit for her and she is not getting out of it what she wants - and I'm not talking about skills necessarily. She wants something different. We as a family want something different. We pay a lot of money and sacrifice a lot of family time for her to cheer, so why shouldn't she/we find a place that better meets our needs or at least in our eyes makes the sacrifices more worth it? What does being proud of where you came from have to do with your cp wanting something else? And why is it our responsibility as a family to stay and help make your gym successful when it is not working for us any longer?

From your post it seems like you believe athletes should remain loyal to gyms without exception. That is like telling someone who is unhappy in a job that they should stay there out of loyalty to the company, and that it their responsibility to help make the company more successful. Life is not like that. Most people do not work for the same company their whole lives anymore. And that is the fault of the the company - more often so - than the fault of the employee or in this case athlete.

Who will care ten years from now where my cp cheered? Cp will. She's the one who will look back and know if her decisions were good ones or not so good ones. But they are hers and ours to make. And if going to a gym across state lines or across the country is the decision we've made, then so be it.

The role of a coach can be like a parent sometimes. You give them the tools to be successful and hope that they are.

Hi Cheerbank......I agree U have to do what is best for your family, I am lucky my CPs gym did offer the level 5 team for her as she grew, but that team may never make it to the top 10 at worlds. But she feels (thank god) it is not necessary to drive to another state for a gym to get a trophy. We love(d) her gym and she may go back next year after school is done. To all those parents who are crazy, in my opinion, to put hours on the road, to each his own, and glad it is and never will b me! :).
FYI her gym is a hard 5 min commute! Good luck to all this coming season.

*****Disclaimer before I begin - my cp never has and most likely never will cheer for @coach12. I know nothing about his/her gym or teams except state location.

I see your salty coach's perspective and I will raise you one parent's perspective....

If your gym is no longer meeting my cp's or our family's needs, why should she stay there? My child is no longer happy at your gym. It is no longer a good fit for her and she is not getting out of it what she wants - and I'm not talking about skills necessarily. She wants something different. We as a family want something different. We pay a lot of money and sacrifice a lot of family time for her to cheer, so why shouldn't she/we find a place that better meets our needs or at least in our eyes makes the sacrifices more worth it? What does being proud of where you came from have to do with your cp wanting something else? And why is it our responsibility as a family to stay and help make your gym successful when it is not working for us any longer?

From your post it seems like you believe athletes should remain loyal to gyms without exception. That is like telling someone who is unhappy in a job that they should stay there out of loyalty to the company, and that it their responsibility to help make the company more successful. Life is not like that. Most people do not work for the same company their whole lives anymore. And that is the fault of the the company - more often so - than the fault of the employee or in this case athlete.

Who will care ten years from now where my cp cheered? Cp will. She's the one who will look back and know if her decisions were good ones or not so good ones. But they are hers and ours to make. And if going to a gym across state lines or across the country is the decision we've made, then so be it.

The role of a coach can be like a parent sometimes. You give them the tools to be successful and hope that they are.
Wait a minute, has she possibly lost an athlete to one of the big gyms this year and that is the reason for the posting? I guess I missed that part in the original discussions or am I reading into your post too much?

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

SHIMMY THIS 1000x....Again, this is a business people! We (our athletes) are the customers. At the end of your season/contract you are a free agent. If you/your athlete wants to try something different, then do that. Again, sometimes the things that make athletes leave are as simple as they want to compete in a different division or they have "issues" with the focus of a team/gym. Perhaps it is as simple as a conflict with a teammate that they KNOW will be on their team again and don't want to cheer with them another season. It doesn't matter what someone's reason is , but to them, it is enough to make a change. Gym owners and coaches put a lot into their athletes and certainly feel "hurt" sometimes when someone wants to leave. It can be just as hard on the athlete and parents too. At the end of the day though, as others have stated, you HAVE to do what is best for your athlete. Life is about change/choices and no one should be forced/coerced/guilted into staying at a place so that later in life they regret that decision. If I go to BK and can't "Get It My Way" then I can go to McD and see if "I'm Lovin' It".. choices!

Wait a minute, has she possibly lost an athlete to one of the big gyms this year and that is the reason for the posting? I guess I missed that part in the original discussions or am I reading into your post too much?

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**
No clue. I am just tired of coaches preaching loyalty to the gym when we see time and time again the loyalty does not always go both ways, and I don't understand parents ranking loyalty to a gym over loyalty to their own child. As @Fiercecheermom just said, life is about changes and choices.

SHIMMY THIS 1000x....Again, this is a business people! We (our athletes) are the customers. At the end of your season/contract you are a free agent. If you/your athlete wants to try something different, then do that. Again, sometimes the things that make athletes leave are as simple as they want to compete in a different division or they have "issues" with the focus of a team/gym. Perhaps it is as simple as a conflict with a teammate that they KNOW will be on their team again and don't want to cheer with them another season. It doesn't matter what someone's reason is , but to them, it is enough to make a change. Gym owners and coaches put a lot into their athletes and certainly feel "hurt" sometimes when someone wants to leave. It can be just as hard on the athlete and parents too. At the end of the day though, as others have stated, you HAVE to do what is best for your athlete. Life is about change/choices and no one should be forced/coerced/guilted into staying at a place so that later in life they regret that decision. If I go to BK and can't "Get It My Way" then I can go to McD and see if "I'm Lovin' It".. choices!

Yes thank you! I'm a business major and also have my MBA, so many people forget that cheer is a business! I thoroughly believe the "Mega Gyms" are successful because not only are they great coaches but they are smart business people. I really believe there are many great coaches at gyms throughout the country, are they smart business people? Probably not all of them. We see athletes flocking to the mega gyms throughout the country, these mega gyms got there through great teams, great coaches, brand recognition, and smart business moves!

@CheerBank, I definitely agree with everything you eloquently written and this should be a mantra for why customers seek choices...There are every thing under the sun when it comes to a business plan for AS Cheer and this we should all appreciate... I think, calling someone lacking loyalty/gym hopper for merely looking and seeking out a gym that fit their likes and even, their finances is wrong...

Tbh, for my family, we done medium and we done big, but my daughter said, she missed the family atmosphere of her very first gym and this gym, her first year, had a total team togetherness model, every athlete traveled together and the Coaches traveled with the teams... Had my daughter returned, we were looking for a gym like this and found it... Sometimes, decisions are made by families that fit their lifestyle and comforts...
Additionally, it is a family choice to send an athlete across the country to cheer, but for me, had my daughter had that elite talent I still will not agree to this model... I believe, I want to watch my child everyday growing up and have her leave home at 18... I still believe that being old school, is the way for my child, neighborhood schools, friends and school activities are the normalcy I think my child needs and will remember, not World rings and jackets...But thank goodness, we can make that choice in this sport...

Last edited:
we see time and time again the loyalty does not always go both ways, and I don't understand parents ranking loyalty to a gym over loyalty to their own child.

THIS.

Lol listen Linda, you already broke one arm! Definitely not safe for you and blink lol!!

Shimmy for saying "listen Linda" [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Rays Marietta Full List
Grape- Tiny 1
Coconut- Large Mini 2
Mango- Small Youth 1
Red- Youth 2
Black- Large Youth 3
Yellow- Large Youth 4
Gray- Large Junior 2
Scarlet- Large Junior 3
Fire- Small Junior 3
Platinum- Large Junior 4
Royal- Large Junior Coed? Restricted 5
Green- Large Junior 5
Rose- Senior 1 (usually large not sure)
Pink- Senior 2 (again large not sure this season)
Lime- Large Senior 3
Ice- Small Senior 4
UV- Large Senior 4.2
Navy- Large Senior Coed 4
Sugar- Small Senior Restricted 5
Spice- Large Senior Restricted 5
Apple- Small Senior 5
Peach- Medium Senior 5
Orange- Large Senior 5
Steel- Large Senior Coed 5
Electric- Division/Team formed in summer

JC Rays
Ruby- Tiny 1?
Turquoise- Junior 2
Sunstone- Junior 4
Rock- Small Senior 1
Obsidian- Senior 2
Jade- Senior 3
Jet- Senior Coed 3
Sapphire- Senior 4
Black Diamond- Small Coed Restricted 5
Smoke- Small Senior Coed 5

Cartersville Rays
Steam- Small Junior 1
Blaze- Junior 2
Breeze- Junior 3
Granite- Small senior 4

Not 100% sure on JC rays. Hope I didn't miss any team!

Would I be considered a Susie Grandma if I asked my daughter to move to Ga if she ever has a daughter so she can be on Grape? I would move also :D

Yes thank you! I'm a business major and also have my MBA, so many people forget that cheer is a business! I thoroughly believe the "Mega Gyms" are successful because not only are they great coaches but they are smart business people. I really believe there are many great coaches at gyms throughout the country, are they smart business people? Probably not all of them. We see athletes flocking to the mega gyms throughout the country, these mega gyms got there through great teams, great coaches, brand recognition, and smart business moves!
I own 2 businesses that I started on my own and pretty much operate on my own for over 20 years. I have been able to segue some clients from one business to the other. I have been able to do this by offering stellar customer service and the ability to change to fit the needs of my customers. Could I do this with everyone? No, because sometimes the "cost" of business was too high. Only the owner of a business can decide what is best for their business.

Back