All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question for @BlueCat and anyone else whose gym does personal phone calls:

Do the calls generally go over well with parents and kids?

Do you ever have kids who are upset with the call they get?

Is it literally just a call with team info? I feel like if I did this, it would most likely turn into a parent or kid attempting to engage me re: the placement and asking why/what if I ____/being upset.

How do you avoid that? Do you find that most of your kids and parents are realistic about their kid's skills and accept the result?

My senior year of high school (yes, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) we had two swimmers (one European, one from nowheresville) who lived at our house so they could train with the program I was also at. Granted in swimming there are things like the Olympics and full rides to college...but, even back then, moving for your "dream" was a thing.

We were fortunate to move a stone's throw from CPs dream team...except she was on permanent retirement due to severe injury. Until she wasn't... ;) She already had a world's ring...so that wasn't it...but this team was one she had idolized since she was a cheer newbie. When dream team came knocking ...cp said thanks but no thanks. And then she said yes. What an amazing year and experience! What a chance to experience a different style of coaching...a different set of teammates.

I think what it all boils down to is that none of us personally know AR reasons. She's an elite athlete, not just in cheer but in power tumbling as well. Who's to say she moved to Cali to train and realized she could do just as well at home?

But what if it was just for the experience? Ever heard of exchange students? My neighbor had a young Korean girl staying with her for a year. She's a sophomore in high school. What an experience for her! Sometimes our kids can do things just to gain life experience....
And I don't believe in gym or club loyalty. Yes owners and coaches can be nice, but at the end of the day this is a business, and they will do what's best for their business. How many of our kids have heard that they are "replaceable"? Well the gym is replaceable too.
Let this girl chase every single dream she wants to, as long as it's safe.

I think what it all boils down to is that none of us personally know AR reasons. She's an elite athlete, not just in cheer but in power tumbling as well. Who's to say she moved to Cali to train and realized she could do just as well at home?

But what if it was just for the experience? Ever heard of exchange students? My neighbor had a young Korean girl staying with her for a year. She's a sophomore in high school. What an experience for her! Sometimes our kids can do things just to gain life experience....
And I don't believe in gym or club loyalty. Yes owners and coaches can be nice, but at the end of the day this is a business, and they will do what's best for their business. How many of our kids have heard that they are "replaceable"? Well the gym is replaceable too.
Let this girl chase every single dream she wants to, as long as it's safe.
I have a dream too, don't know if it's safe though!? I want to be on BLINK!! [emoji12] I'll keep chasing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back