All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Once again, Glitter Penguins and Youth Elite. CP cried a little for the loss of a dream team, then got herself together and went forward. Also had a good talk with the coach about what she needs to be working on since she ages off youth next season. All in all, it was an okay night.

What are they planning on doing about the new Summit crossover rules? I saw several kiddos crossing Y5 to Y3 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I competed on three teams one season, but I didn't start out on all three. That seems ridiculous to me (but everyone here knows how I feel about full season crossovers). I was only at one gym too! I can't imagine doing it at multiple locations. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

I thouht she moved back to Florida hence why she tried out for top gun, so why would she be back on SE. Sorry for talking about a specific athlete but I don't get it.

From what i can remember/interpret, her family move to FL, so she moved with them during 13-14 season, tried to commute 2 hours for TG but missed NC and CEA so moved back and got on CE for the rest of that season. Moved back and got on angels for 14-15. Now missing her cheer fam, and moving back to NC.

What are they planning on doing about the new Summit crossover rules? I saw several kiddos crossing Y5 to Y3 again.

I am not 100% sure, but according to the coach I asked they are waiting to see about Summit teams until after the summer. That way they can see what the teams loom like and shuffle as needed. I would assume both will go for bids and then they will decide which kids will be on which level for Summit. Based on what I saw last night (and that was very limited) there are not nearly as many GP to YE crossovers as last year, so replacing 3-4 might be the option.

Once again, Glitter Penguins and Youth Elite. CP cried a little for the loss of a dream team, then got herself together and went forward. Also had a good talk with the coach about what she needs to be working on since she ages off youth next season. All in all, it was an okay night.

Granted I'm too old by about a decade, but I'd kill to be on YE! Congrats to your CP :)

How many days a week do the CEA teams practice? Maybe that's what makes crossing to 2 or 3 teams not as demanding as many think if the practice days are only once or twice a week???

How many days a week do the CEA teams practice? Maybe that's what makes crossing to 2 or 3 teams not as demanding as many think if the practice days are only once or twice a week???

Levels 1-4, YE, JE and R5 practice once a week. Coed usually practices every other Wednesday plus Sunday night. SE practices Wed and Sunday. Plus their tumbling day. There are certainly exceptions to this leading up to big competitions like Cheersport, NCA, UCA and Worlds. Our tuition also includes a team tumbling day as well so......if you do 2 teams plus a day of team tumbling you're still in the gym only 3 days!!!

Edited to specify

Last edited:
All of our teams practice once a week. There are certainly exceptions to this leading up to big competitions like Cheersport, NCA, UCA and Worlds but generally speaking ..... Once a week. Our tuition also includes a team tumbling day as well so......if you do 2 teams plus a day of team tumbling you're still in the gym only 3 days!!!

okay so Sr Elite practices one day a week? How is that even possible :eek: There has to be something in the water in NC

okay so Sr Elite practices one day a week? How is that even possible :eek: There has to be something in the water in NC

SE practices twice a week and can be more leading up to big competitions. (Sundays and Wednesdays). We usually switch off with coed elite every other Wednesday. So someone who's on JE and SE would have 3 practice days and a tumbling day. Still the same as a kid at another program who practices twice a week does a tumbling class plus a private......for their one team.

Level 1-4's and YE, JE and R5 practice once a week.

SE practices twice a week and can be more leading up to big competitions. (Sundays and Wednesdays). We usually switch off with coed elite every other Wednesday. So someone who's on JE and SE would have 3 practice days and a tumbling day. Still the same as a kid at another program who practices twice a week does a tumbling class plus a private......for their one team.

Level 1-4's and YE, JE and R5 practice once a week.
How long are the practices for the teams that only practice once a week?

How long are the practices for the teams that only practice once a week?

That depends on the level. Minis and Tinys are usually 1.5 hours. Youth, junior and senior ages are anywhere from 2-3 depending on time of year. Non comp times it is lower. Usually around CheerSport, UCA, etc there are added Friday and/or Saturday practices. In April, we were in the gym 4-5 days a week for 2-4 hours.

Latest posts

Back