All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I screencapped but am still learning how to use Tapatalk and can't upload it. Back in April Scott tweeted they were expecting Beatles to be medium coed. So maybe that was the goal from the start?

that doesn't mean they have a full medium team. they could at 1 person and they'd now be medium coed. maybe they have some alternates and feel they'd be more competitive with them!
I could see this....and waiting for people to join to vamp up that routine after the holidays....hmm. I miss seeing Rockstar as 'large limited' haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I screencapped but am still learning how to use Tapatalk and can't upload it. Back in April Scott tweeted they were expecting Beatles to be medium coed. So maybe that was the goal from the start?
You have to allow tapatalk access to your photos on your phone. Enable access in privacy settings

**All I want for Christmas is....**

that doesn't mean they have a full medium team. they could at 1 person and they'd now be medium coed. maybe they have some alternates and feel they'd be more competitive with them!
Would it really be worth it though by only adding an extra one or two boys. I mean medium coed division is stacked year after year but those teams have quite a few boys as well.
We won't know till rockstar confirms it, but unless they have like an extra 5 or more guys sitting around, I wouldn't see the point in changing divisions for the sake of adding one or two guys.

Would it really be worth it though by only adding an extra one or two boys. I mean medium coed division is stacked year after year but those teams have quite a few boys as well.
We won't know till rockstar confirms it, but unless they have like an extra 5 or more guys sitting around, I wouldn't see the point in changing divisions for the sake of adding one or two guys.

They just did it with Queen, they added 2 athletes I think, because they felt they'd be more competitive in medium than small.

rockstar did confirm it. cheer updates tweeted that it was confirmed by scott the owner of rockstar that beatles are now medium coed.

rockstar did confirm it. cheer updates tweeted that it was confirmed by scott the owner of rockstar that beatles are now medium coed.
And now they are advertising for more kids. [emoji15]

**Maybe I should get my medication levels checked**

If BSB and/or Smoed hits that is your top two in small coed (nearly) every year. Medium coed is a little bit more up in the air, there typically isn't a clear and obvious 1st place if all hit.

Maybe Beatles just got tired of 3rd place, it could be a smart move.

(no rudeness intended to any team/gym)

Is Brandon Allstars - Steel (IOSC 5) not a thing anymore this year? I haven't heard or seen anything about since their announcement on tryouts...
As of Brandons showcase, they are. I don't think they were small coed though. I wanna say that they had like 8 boys? Maybe 16/17 people total.

If BSB and/or Smoed hits that is your top two in small coed (nearly) every year. Medium coed is a little bit more up in the air, there typically isn't a clear and obvious 1st place if all hit.

Maybe Beatles just got tired of 3rd place, it could be a smart move.

(no rudeness intended to any team/gym)
I'll try not to be rude as well, just trying to find the right way to say this.

Agreed that BSB and Smoed are the perennial front runners in Small Coed, but I still see medium coed as the deepest (and hence toughest) division in all star cheer. If you think about the top ten small coed teams I can think of 6-7 that are "definite finals teams" annually and then I sort of hunt around for the next three based on who's got it going on that year. But for me, rockstar was always one of those teams that would obviously make finals in small coed.

I don't feel the same way about medium coed. I feel like there are probably 11-13 teams at any given time that could make finals....which means one of those deserving teams (or more) isn't making it. That division is just DEEP. And yes, there's no front runner (I don't think) on any day, it's anyone's game among probably 5-7 teams. I mean look at ECE last year. And on another day it could've been black ops (either of them) royalty, odyssey, reign etc etc etc .

I think moving into medium coed is a decision not to be taken lightly. If they added ten kids with combos to double and 4 more guys that can coed stunt like a boss, then it's a good move. But if you can't max out skills and numbers in that division, it's going to be a hard change to make and see the same kind of perennial success that Beatles has seen in Small Coed.

But the bottom line is they know what's best for their team and program and if they made the decision to move, they must have a good reason to do so. So I say good luck to them! Best wishes, I love watching medium coed so I'll enjoy another new contender to mix up that division even more. It's like ACC basketball, don't try to predict it because anyone can win on any day.

Back