All-Star 2015 Worlds Schedule!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

guess they have to make up the $$ from the fewer at larges this year somehow... :rolleyes: and price out this poor grad student in the process :( oh well.
I'm just really mad there's no VOD. I was relying on that since I have finals the week after so there is no way I can watch live. So now I will be relying on youtube videos, which I hate doing.

I'm just really mad there's no VOD. I was relying on that since I have finals the week after so there is no way I can watch live. So now I will be relying on youtube videos, which I hate doing.
...... and the worst part is most of the recordings that first make it on YouTube are usually captured from VOD anyway, so I'm going to have to channel my inner patience this time. [emoji37]

I have bought the live feed the last two years and both years had some issue...nodes during large coed and video freezing during small.... I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for it. I'm sad about it, but can't do it.

I'm on break as of... right this second! so I was going to get the live stream but I am not about spending that much since I don't watch a whole day of prelims anyway. In the past I've gotten the VOD or the combo package but I just never use the VOD enough for it to be worth it for me. still bummed they got rid of it/changed all their options, though.

so far it looks like they will lose more $$ by increasing the price of the live feed than they would have if they kept it priced reasonably. I guess fewer users = less node issues. Supply/demand; cost/benefit - all good things to learn :confused:

So they upped the price AND eliminated the VOD? uhhhh....

How about those of us that have jobs, classes and/or various other responsibilities who can't sit glued to the computer waiting for teams to go? I will stream what I can, but rely on VOD for the rest. That's extremely disappointing and probably not worth purchasing for me anymore.

i know it sucks, but i don't think it was their choice. i agree that the price shouldn't have went up, especially with no VOD, but that part isn't under their control. from their website:
  • Why is Video On Demand (VOD) not offered this year?
    Due to recent music licensing restrictions, we can only provide live streaming.

This is what it says in the FAQ, for what it's worth. Very annoying though. Why isn't it an issue for NCA or any competition that Varsity has routines for on their site?

• Why is Video On Demand (VOD) not offered this year?
    Due to recent music licensing restrictions, we can only provide live streaming.

Back