OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
is it normal to start building for the olympic games so late like rio did, trying to look back at articles and one i found from a year ago shows the very beginning stages of construction. Like why in the world would you wait a year before the games to start. Don't the host cities find out years in advance.

is it normal to start building for the olympic games so late like rio did, trying to look back at articles and one i found from a year ago shows the very beginning stages of construction. Like why in the world would you wait a year before the games to start. Don't the host cities find out years in advance.
There's probably a window of time for host cities to start building things so that the buildings are done right before the games start. Otherwise you have to pay to maintain the structures for however long until the games start which would cost more money that the cities might not have. I feel like rio and sochi had a lot of shady things going on behind the scenes with the contractors that interfered with the preparation of the games. And I don't think rio was the best city to have the olympics. It's not a great place to begin with. There's a lot of poverty.

There's probably a window of time for host cities to start building things so that the buildings are done right before the games start. Otherwise you have to pay to maintain the structures for however long until the games start which would cost more money that the cities might not have. I feel like rio and sochi had a lot of shady things going on behind the scenes with the contractors that interfered with the preparation of the games. And I don't think rio was the best city to have the olympics. It's not a great place to begin with. There's a lot of poverty.

Well, yeah, as the report says they were adding hidden doors to the super, secret, underground doping laboratory to swap out samples. And I wish I was kidding...

Team USA released their Opening Ceremony outfits

636052321737961471-Team-USA.jpg

And the backs
CoiSE3SUsAIDts0.jpg

Exclusive: See Team USA's Olympic opening ceremony uniforms

I think I like them better than 2012. Which were similar but the blazers buttoned up higher and the girls were in white skirts. And everyone wore berets :confused:

Here's the Closing Ceremony outfits:
2016-04-27T12-16-31-133Z--1280x720.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

My favorite of recent time is still the 2014 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony sweaters
636053049380635500-USP-Olympics--Opening-Ceremony.jpg

Last edited:
Team USA released their Opening Ceremony outfits

636052321737961471-Team-USA.jpg

And the backs
CoiSE3SUsAIDts0.jpg

Exclusive: See Team USA's Olympic opening ceremony uniforms

I think I like them better than 2012. Which were similar but the blazers buttoned up higher and the girls were in white skirts. And everyone wore berets :confused:

Here's the Closing Ceremony outfits:
2016-04-27T12-16-31-133Z--1280x720.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

My favorite of recent time is still the 2014 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony sweaters
636053049380635500-USP-Olympics--Opening-Ceremony.jpg

I never understood why we go so preppy in opening ceremonies... like I feel that is not representative of our country's "style"? Agreed on Sochi, though. I loved those sweaters. I generally enjoy the Winter Games' outfits more because they look warm and cozy lol

I never understood why we go so preppy in opening ceremonies... like I feel that is not representative of our country's "style"? Agreed on Sochi, though. I loved those sweaters. I generally enjoy the Winter Games' outfits more because they look warm and cozy lol
Probably because it's Polo and that's his style. I'm not too into the preppy look either, but with a Polo contract I've pretty much conceded how it's going to be each time. At least these look a little more American, in 2012 we looked straight up French (probably the berets)
149372622_10-390x292.jpg

I actually thought those 2014 sweaters were awful at first. But seeing them all together I was like YEP NEED.

Jury's still out for me on the medal stand attire. I'm happy that it's at least our colors and not gray like 2012. And more fitted. The jackets in 2012 swallowed the poor gymnast girls.
medalstand_062816_800x375.jpg

medalstand_062816_300x375.jpg

Oh, also the "USA" on the back of the flag bearers jacket (who hasn't been selected yet) will light up.

I'm thinking it will be Phelps. It's voted on by the team captains of each sport and will be announced Thursday. I don't think Phelps has actually ever walked in the Opening Ceremonies since his races are always so early in the games he usually skips them. But with less races this time around (and later) he's mentioned his interest.

Probably because it's Polo and that's his style. I'm not too into the preppy look either, but with a Polo contract I've pretty much conceded how it's going to be each time. At least these look a little more American, in 2012 we looked straight up French (probably the berets)
149372622_10-390x292.jpg

I actually thought those 2014 sweaters were awful at first. But seeing them all together I was like YEP NEED.

Jury's still out for me on the medal stand attire. I'm happy that it's at least our colors and not gray like 2012. And more fitted. The jackets in 2012 swallowed the poor gymnast girls.
medalstand_062816_800x375.jpg

medalstand_062816_300x375.jpg

Agreed on not loving London's podium-wear, but I'd take that any day over the space suits they wore in Sochi. :confused:

in response to @cheerKT 's opening/closing ceremony outfit posts... I give you: Men's basketball. I seriously keep LOLing about how half of them are so into the outfits and half look like "wtf am I wearing"

in response to @cheerKT 's opening/closing ceremony outfit posts... I give you: Men's basketball. I seriously keep LOLing about how half of them are so into the outfits and half look like "wtf am I wearing"

i actually really like the outfit with the shorts, yes blue stripes is a little odd still, but i think it looks better then the opening ceremony outfit.

Okay but did you see the video of them on the plane singing Vanessa Carlton. Their Rio adventures make me want to hang out with them (in a platonic non gold digging kind of way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay but did you see the video of them on the plane singing Vanessa Carlton. Their Rio adventures make me want to hang out with them (in a platonic non gold digging kind of way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait no please share with the class

Back