OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The fact that they had to cover their crotch to prevent a wardrobe malfunction in those tight shorts HA

I hate the fact that once again I willl l not be able to watch a lot of Olympics.. stupid time difference... London was perfect for me because of only being one hour behind Sweden but Rio is nine or eight maybe and that's just to much. But I may watch a few of the earlier comps that are in the morning in rio.

Skickat från min P023 via Tapatalk

I hate the fact that once again I willl l not be able to watch a lot of Olympics.. stupid time difference... London was perfect for me because of only being one hour behind Sweden but Rio is nine or eight maybe and that's just to much. But I may watch a few of the earlier comps that are in the morning in rio.
Time difference between Sweden and Rio is 5 hours, it's doable... especially if you work during the day (most events will happen in the later half of your day). London is 7 hours behind, which was a struggle for me but I managed, hahah... Rio virtually be impossible for me.

Tokyo will be a struggle for those of us in the US. London wasn't great but it was totally doable. I personally love the Rio time, only one hour ahead of me. A lot of the primetime coverage will be live, like swimming and track and field.

Tokyo will be a struggle for those of us in the US. London wasn't great but it was totally doable. I personally love the Rio time, only one hour ahead of me. A lot of the primetime coverage will be live, like swimming and track and field.

But Beijing was 12 hrs ahead exactly and Tokyo will be 13) so since they were exactly 12 hrs ahead some of our prime time events were live because they were taking place in the morning there

But also 2008 was a simpler time and it was easier to avoid spoilers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being an hour behind Rio is both good and bad for me; London was an hour behind us (we lived in Germany) and I loved it but that was when CP was a baby and life was much simpler.

Anyone watching this extended Bob Costas interview with Phelps? He seems to be in such a better place than 2012.

I just really love the Olympics. I love seeing people fulfill their dreams of representing the USA in their respective sport.

I'm going to solve that problem by going to Tokyo.

ETA: I hate Polo. I hate it so much. I literally shouted 'WHY DO WE ALWAYS LOOK LIKE PREPPY WANKERS?!' Seriously, I feel like I should be studying at Cambridge or Eton in that outfit. Potential offense meant to anybody who studied at Eton or Cambridge and wore outfits like that.

Who here saw that Kohei Uchimura racked up $5000 in charges playing Pokemon Go in Rio?

On Rio- Australian housing had a fire break out, apparently as a way to steal a bunch of computers and personal stuff. Rio never should have been a host city- it's been going through economic issues for years, tons of the money used to bid probably should have been used on necessary life-sustaining things, and they're probably a half stop away from the bread lines in Venezuela. Pretty sure IOC corruption is just a touch behind FIFA. All the buildings were contracted to, much like in Sochi, friends of high-ranking government officials. Who all are in trouble for fraud/price fixing and clearly just pocketed all the money. The WORLD CUP never should have been held in Rio, as evidenced by the locations of stadiums built (as in, the middle of nowhere). Which I'm pretty sure they could have used for the Olympics if they weren't useless.

Last edited:
Back