OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I get why some think "it's not fair" to the gymnasts... but the Russian equivalent to the FBI was in on this. The entire government aided in getting the athletes clean urine samples. The ENTIRE country needs to be punished and if that affects some athletes who weren't involved, it's sad for them, but Russia deserves it.

And sidenote - just because the gymnasts are not jacked does not mean they didn't use; the specific cocktail of drugs developed helped in muscle recovery after intense training so they could train without rest. However, I'll reserve judgement on the gymnasts until the investigation is complete.
Good point. I think you have a very good argument and honestly I would support whatever decision the IOC makes I would just be sad for Russia gymnastics that's all. I don't condone doping and maybe the best way to send the message is just to ban them all.

There hasn't been a confirmation yet, papers like the Daily Mail are just running their mouths... IOC is said to deliver the verdict on Sunday (July 24th) afternoon (not sure which time zone though).

Coaches like Irina Alexandrovna Viner-Usmanova are not backing out without a fight. With her connections, she'll tear down the rhythmic gymnastics body if she doesn't get her athletes to compete and bring back those almost-definite gold medals.

There hasn't been a confirmation yet, papers like the Daily Mail are just running their mouths... IOC is said to deliver the verdict on Sunday (July 24th) afternoon (not sure which time zone though).

Coaches like Irina Alexandrovna Viner-Usmanova are not backing out without a fight. With her connections, she'll tear down the rhythmic gymnastics body if she doesn't get her athletes to compete and bring back those almost-definite gold medals.

It doesn't matter if she has connections; if the entire country is banned, then they're banned. She should be putting her energy into fighting her government for jeopardizing the country's olympic chances instead of the rhythmic gymnastics governing body (if she truly is innocent/had no idea - because of how widespread this is I find it very hard to believe EVERY coach involved with the olympics didn't know that option for their athletes was there)

It doesn't matter if she has connections; if the entire country is banned, then they're banned. She should be putting her energy into fighting her government for jeopardizing the country's olympic chances instead of the rhythmic gymnastics governing body (if she truly is innocent/had no idea - because of how widespread this is I find it very hard to believe EVERY coach involved with the olympics didn't know that option for their athletes was there)
We'll find out in about 15 minutes, IOC is about to deliver their verdict.

The IOC is supposed to be holding a press conference at 10, so hopefully we will have some answers soon.

ETA: looks like no complete ban...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1709d3cf9e067a3c1d29a6d72eb76e53.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so concerning, but at the same time I think most everyone saw this coming months if not a year ago. Rio should have been nixed as the Olympic city a long time ago.
I've been saying this since they were chosen Rio is unfit to be an host city. Their were much better options my Dad said the main reason they chose Rio is because the IOC wants the Olympics to be on every continent. He's been saying that's the main reason they were chosen for the 7 years since they made the announcement.

This Russia doping ban sounds too much like what happened in the 1980s with East Germany... I really feel bad for the athletes, most of the time these athletes are innocent, but are given special "vitamins" and/or special "drinks" or "tonic" by coaches, trainers, etc....Hopefully, these Russia athletes do not experience lifelong or even fatal health impairments like many of the East Germany athletes, who many retired from the sports and died of strange cancers,etc...
back in those days I was a swimmer and at one of my first international meets I went into the locker room and actually asked the first group of women I came upon if I was in the women's locker room. They were East German.

I'm annoyed. They deserved a complete ban.

Anyway, 12 days till the games and the athlete's village is currently "unlivable" Rio Olympics 2016: athletes' village 'unliveable'
Yeah, the Australian athletes are boycotting and staying in a hotel. (Side note, I didn't know you could do this, I thought you had to stay in the village)Also, I agree with the complete ban for Russia too. I think their whole team should be treated equally.

back in those days I was a swimmer and at one of my first international meets I went into the locker room and actually asked the first group of women I came upon if I was in the women's locker room. They were East German.

ugh, those poor girls.

Back