All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This came up last night. I read rule 4 as Level 5 worlds athletes cannot compete on 4.2, another person read this as 4.2 is excluded from this rule. Thoughts? Also, what are the rules for a level 6 team (ie can level 6 compete on 5, are they treated as level 5 and can compete on 4)? Yes the old rules do allow a level 6 (IO6 or IOC6) to cross to any senior team, provided they meet the age requirement, and yes I have seen this placement. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I understand it to say that worlds athletes cannot compete on a 4.2. It says "excluded." I should think if worlds athletes were permitted on a 4.2 it would say "included." But, I may be wrong, it may be wishful thinking on my part as my CP is slated for a 4.2 this coming season.

This came up last night. I read rule 4 as Level 5 worlds athletes cannot compete on 4.2, another person read this as 4.2 is excluded from this rule. Thoughts? Also, what are the rules for a level 6 team (ie can level 6 compete on 5, are they treated as level 5 and can compete on 4)? Yes the old rules do allow a level 6 (IO6 or IOC6) to cross to any senior team, provided they meet the age requirement, and yes I have seen this placement. Thanks in advance for any insight.
On the Summit site (link in first post) it says that level 5 athletes can cross only to level 4 or 5 not 4.2. It also says 4.2 athletes can cross to 2, 3 or 4.

I read the rule about the 5 Worlds crossovers to be the same as it has been. It has been that you couldn't have more than 5 Worlds crossovers on any 1 Summit team. Is that how y'all are reading that?
It reads the same to me, plus it's the only rule that doesn't have *NEW, so I imagine it is the same. Interesting that level 6 isn't specified. As it is written they should only be able to do 5R. But who knows.

I feel like level 6 worlds athletes should be able to cross to level 4, as they have the same tumbling as the level 5 worlds teams
Level 6 can do harder tumbling than level 5 as well as the huge difference in stunting, I wouldn't think it should be the same rule as level 5, but they may have just lumped all worlds athletes together.

Level 6 can do harder tumbling than level 5 as well as the huge difference in stunting, I wouldn't think it should be the same rule as level 5, but they may have just lumped all worlds athletes together.
What tumbling is allowed in level 6 that is not allowed in level 5? I was not aware of this

What tumbling is allowed in level 6 that is not allowed in level 5? I was not aware of this
Standing doubles, standing one to doubles, any twisting skill connected to a double. All the skills that were eliminated from level 5 a couple years ago are still allowed in level 6.

Does anyone know what those reported USASF rule changes are going to be, or what they are going to address? Honestly interested.
No one that I've talked to knows 1oo% what the changes are, but with choreography season starting, the only thing I can hope for is things being made legal, and not illegal.

Though the tumbling is harder for level 6; you don't see a lot of athletes performing level 6 skills (like a few). But I see what your trying to do there. But I think it's Worlds athletes is how I took it.

I may be the only one who feels this way but I feel like instead of letting the 1st place WC team advance to finals and the 2nd place team advance to semis, they should have kept it the same as last year. I think what I would like to see changed which is where people may disagree, is to let someone with a WC bid accept an at large and let wildcards get passed down. I feel like that would make the wildcard division even more advanced and stop the "gambling" game of deciding if you should let your team accept WC or not. A team that deserves the bid should get the bid and if they upgrade the next team in line should get it.

Back