All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't realise gyms did this! The only thing I can think of with try outs for summit teams are gyms not really advertising as a team destined for the summit and once they win a bid athletes not being able to go and the teams need to tryout athletes for those positions maybe? Just my idea :) I'm from Australia so all I see is social media!

It happens. I know the gym CP was at this past season did try-outs for their dance teams that went to Summit but it was only because certain athletes weren't able to go for varying reasons. I can understand it then, or even when the bid is deferred since you're basically trying out for the next season team anyway; but to replace more than half of your team or more? Ehhh...I get why parents allow it, but my money won't be funding that type of business practice.

The bids at this comp are automatically deferred starting this season that just ended.

Except one gym who went this year had contacted the EP and had already gotten approval that if they had received a bid they could have taken their L4 team to the Summit 2015. My CP's BFF is on that team and the BFF was already planning on going. They didn't get a bid so they didn't go, but automatically deferred doesn't automatically mean it really is. :confused:

I am sure it happens.
Yes. It does. Our gym got a deferred full paid Summit bid in April. It certainly makes the team "shuffle" harder. I agree that the kids that won the bid should be able to compete for it but I also see the point of making sure you have athletes who fully meet level so the team will be competitive. It's a really hard one. And the poor kids who age out….:-(

The fact that an athlete can earn a world's ring and then earn a summit ring the following weekend - visualizing that happening might help get these these rules a little stricter. I do like the direction they are heading towards and thank goodness for some changes, finally.

I remember my cp's first win at senior open 5(now restricted), her first year at that level. They beat a very big gym, and that was a huge personal success for them. I felt it was an honest competition, as did the other gym. But, she certainly wasn't ready to compete against a team stacked with world's level athletes at that time. Limiting level changes to one up or down seems pretty fair at this competition level, as well as limiting the number of crossovers. This will hopefully encourage more gyms to develop more athletes' perfection on every level they have, instead of only relying on the highest-level kids to fill in as needed, right??

At least they are starting to make changes and steps in the right direction. Here's to hoping this great forum site brings great dialogue to the correct eyes so they can see the many viewpoints from many different sizes of gyms, and parents, coaches and athletes.

But, just gonna say, I'm sure these wild card events will be extremely popular with the new rule first place in wild card round will advance straight to the finals ! What a great promotion for them! Makes it seem a lot more hopeful

Last edited:
This may be unpopular but I think only levels 3, 4, restricted 5 should go to Summit. And possibly Senior level 2. It should encourage athletes to gain better skills in order to get to compete at Summit.

This may be unpopular but I think only levels 3, 4, restricted 5 should go to Summit. And possibly Senior level 2. It should encourage athletes to gain better skills in order to get to compete at Summit.

Yes! Y5 and J5 aren't good enough. Guess they'd better work harder.

And 1, 2, and 4.2. Who would even continue to PAY for cheer if your kid were on such an inferior level?

Just kidding.

Girl bye.

Yes! Y5 and J5 aren't good enough. Guess they'd better work harder.

And 1, 2, and 4.2. Who would even continue to PAY for cheer if your kid were on such an inferior level?

Just kidding.

Girl bye.

Everyone knows the Senior division is the only division that belongs at Summit. Having only the Senior division there would encourage athletes to grow up before competing at Summit.

Back