All-Star 2017-2018 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard that WC Omni is no longer and WC Odyssey will be returning to MedCoed... I am mystified by this and I want to know why dismantling WC Omni, after only 4 years, which btw, this team had its most successful season yet and actually, won as World Cup's team of the Year? Why?

Completely agree!!! While I do understand why athletes do this, I think it prevents the growth of worlds programs in smaller gyms. If athletes are leaving a gym as soon as they get a full to go to a bigger name gym, how are smaller programs meant to grow or be successful in hard divisions if their best athletes are leaving for a different program?
We just had our first level 4 team this past season and it was a half year team just to get our feet wet since all but 3-4 kids on it hadn't competed level 4 before. We're hoping to do the same with a restricted level 5 next season since we have so many girls starting to twist but our issue is exactly what you said. We don't want to have certain teams just to say we have them and fill it with whoever's just chucking that level's skills, praying they remember what they're still working on and stick the landing. We really focus on gaining new skills during the summer and perfecting what we already have/what they're throwing in their routine during the season to avoid injury and especially to make sure no one's busting their brand new whatever on the mat. If the instance was absolutely no level/age appropriate teams offered, I would understand switching. All we can really do is ask parents and athletes to trust in our process.

Last edited:
The posts by coaches speaks more about themselves and their program than it does about the athlete who chose to go to TGLC...

I don't understand the hate around switching gyms. I've been to a lot of different gyms in the 5 years I've done all star and it has allowed me to see all different types of coaching styles, team dynamics, and overall how gyms are run. If you aren't happy, don't fork over $10,000 if thats not where you want to be!!! And as coaches don't you want all your athletes to be successful wherever life takes them, even if that means them being successful elsewhere?

lol that in the midst of the coaches tweets about a kid leaving them another gym called them out for "taking" their athletes last season.

1. you don't own athletes. 2. We can see that you did that, and in this prime "gym shopping" time, I'd be avoiding your drama and looking elsewhere.

lol that in the midst of the coaches tweets about a kid leaving them another gym called them out for "taking" their athletes last season.

1. you don't own athletes. 2. We can see that you did that, and in this prime "gym shopping" time, I'd be avoiding your drama and looking elsewhere.

Lol I saw that. I had to check their twitter to make sure it was a real account.

The posts by coaches speaks more about themselves and their program than it does about the athlete who chose to go to TGLC...

I don't understand the hate around switching gyms. I've been to a lot of different gyms in the 5 years I've done all star and it has allowed me to see all different types of coaching styles, team dynamics, and overall how gyms are run. If you aren't happy, don't fork over $10,000 if thats not where you want to be!!! And as coaches don't you want all your athletes to be successful wherever life takes them, even if that means them being successful elsewhere?
For every 1 kid switching gyms for a legitimate reason at the right time where they won't leave their old gym high and dry trying to rework the routine, there's 1 switching because they've been promised to still fly or be in the front for jumps, or sisters Suzy and Sally are promised to be kept on the same team and that's their Instagram gimmick, or Suzy used to have level X tumbling but has a block/absolutely refuses to do it but demands to still be on a level X team, or Suzy says she's unhappy because she wants to wear a crop top and have choreo that includes thigh rubbing, or Suzy's mom hasn't paid crossover fees or tuition for the past 3 months, or Suzy just got her spinning ball of death and wants to be put on a Worlds team ASAP. But you're right too, if you're truly not happy, finish your season and try somewhere else. Personally, I want them to be successful wherever and whatever they want to do, I had a couple kids quit cheer completely, but I also hope they learn "stick to your commitments" and "grass isn't always greener on the other side".

Last edited:

Dang I must follow the wrong people, it doesn't surprise me sadly that coaches would act like that.

Just my personal opinion that i wish that it wasn't such a huge thing now.
Just curious if it really is? Do you think it has increased that much or just appears that way due to the instant access to these moves online, in social media etc.? I would think it is most common among the elite of the elite, just wonder if that is a large number overall or relatively small?

I really do not understand the "omg" that comes with kids leaving to go to Cali, Top Gun, etc.

The number of kids doing this is not such that it really hurts small gyms.

TGLC has what, 36 kids on it? Maybe a little bit more now until they make some cuts in summer?

No one's program is going to die out or fail to field Worlds teams because a handful of kids are leaving to go elsewhere.

Now, if every single Level 5 kid you have chooses to leave, I think that points to an issue with the gym moreso than issues with the other program or the kids themselves, but that is just my opinion.

As a gym, like it or not, when you have a mass exodus (like, more than just one or 2 kids), you have to look at the common denominator.

I really do not understand the "omg" that comes with kids leaving to go to Cali, Top Gun, etc.

The number of kids doing this is not such that it really hurts small gyms.

TGLC has what, 36 kids on it? Maybe a little bit more now until they make some cuts in summer?

No one's program is going to die out or fail to field Worlds teams because a handful of kids are leaving to go elsewhere.

Now, if every single Level 5 kid you have chooses to leave, I think that points to an issue with the gym moreso than issues with the other program or the kids themselves, but that is just my opinion.

As a gym, like it or not, when you have a mass exodus (like, more than just one or 2 kids), you have to look at the common denominator.

True and a mass majority of the athletes are returners with a couple from Lady Jags on it.

Back